1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 15 hours, 6 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 8 hours, 53 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 4 days, 8 hours, 6 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 2 days, 1 hours, 53 minutes
Page 30 of 53 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 600 of 1056
  1. #581
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,117
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    The only time I'm getting hit unprepared (and even then I usually have a CD up) by DS seems to be during the conflags. I use Focus Target but I find it hard to see the DS charge up on my FT bar. So when I'm meleeing conflags to help get them down I'll often be hit by (what appears to be) a completely undebuffed DS + AA before any heals can go off.

    That's probably a practice issue but yeah, it's annoying as balls.
    what we do is have our MT use spirits when death sentence goes off, so when spirits refreshes he can call out for a virus and it'll essentially always be up in time. might be something you can do to help with the pacing and preparation of it as well.

  2. #582
    Campaign
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    6,631
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

    After doing it enough as a healer you just know in the various stages when she is going to DS. I just call out "X throw out virus". And then she does it 2-3 seconds later. There is a pattern you can memorize, but I guess what I'm saying is I keep more of an internal clock.

    Also, sath: Try making your focus target UI bigger or getting something like XIV APP or Log Rep to make noise when DS is going off. That's what we do, isn't going to work 100% of the time but it helps a lot.

  3. #583
    Old Odin
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6,197
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

    At the very least UI adjustments in the 2.1 patch should make Focus Target cast bar less obscured, and you'll be able to make UI elements even bigger.

  4. #584
    Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,236
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

    [Guide] Paladin Tanking Compendium

    When I get home from work and have access to my PC now that I realize BG has its own file sharing, I'll share the helper tool I shared with Sath yesterday which helps a TON with cool downs and virus rotations and such. Twintania is extremely scripted and easy to predict with programs.

    Edit: BG box won't let me upload

  5. #585
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    755
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Rozaria Eleanor
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Dazd View Post
    Saw three tank drops today that I, of course, don't need anymore. It's getting to the point where I have as much, or more, Allagan gear on my alts than on my Pld.
    2 weeks now not a single tank drop

    Quote Originally Posted by Waraji View Post
    Past two months, we've only had 4 PLD drops total. 2 Body's, 1 Bracelet, 1 Gauntlet. Gauntlet dropped this Monday, and its the first piece I've gotten. This RNG is reaching Salvage levels.
    damn so jelly i want those Gauntlet so bad along with choker/ear...

  6. #586
    Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,236
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

    Put this in the more appropriate thread. Can delete this post.

  7. #587
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    48
    BG Level
    1
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    When I get home from work and have access to my PC now that I realize BG has its own file sharing, I'll share the helper tool I shared with Sath yesterday which helps a TON with cool downs and virus rotations and such. Twintania is extremely scripted and easy to predict with programs.

    Edit: BG box won't let me upload
    Care to tell me how i can get this tool please

    Also having been as unlucky as most with Coil drops i'm stuck as to what to buy next week i have Valor head/body/hands , Heroes ring , Rosegold Melded ear screws and Alagan neck +1 sheild/sword so i am thinking Heroes Bracelet next week ?

    Thanks

  8. #588
    Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,236
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

    Quote Originally Posted by Phix View Post
    Care to tell me how i can get this tool please

    Also having been as unlucky as most with Coil drops i'm stuck as to what to buy next week i have Valor head/body/hands , Heroes ring , Rosegold Melded ear screws and Alagan neck +1 sheild/sword so i am thinking Heroes Bracelet next week ?

    Thanks
    It's in the Twin thread.

    Don't waste myth on any accessories other than ring. Get legs or wait till you get Allagan feet or legs and then get the opposite.

  9. #589
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    210
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Cleared T5, BLM Weapon + Casting neck...Tank drops don't exist for my group :/ Just want feet and neck to be full i90 lol

  10. #590
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,109
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Lex Luger
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Demon Soul

    Quote Originally Posted by Reeno View Post
    Cleared T5, BLM Weapon + Casting neck...Tank drops don't exist for my group :/ Just want feet and neck to be full i90 lol
    Just thought I'd chime in with our lack of tanking drops. 3 full squads, 8 weeks of runs, 0 tank bodies. I personally went 6 weeks without an upgrade for my PLD, but recently have been blessed with the good RNG and got Allagan tank Legs/Hands/Belt and any accessories that drop in my group are mine.

  11. #591
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    173
    BG Level
    3
    FFXIV Character
    Tieffy Wieffy
    FFXIV Server
    Gungnir
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Huge props to all the people that contributed to this thread. It really helps people like me that simply don't have the time to figure this stuff out. My pld is only like lvl 18, but I like to not suck at jobs and this stuff will help a ton.
    I am pretty sure I am gonna go with valor body first for AF2. I already have all other hop pieces and a few DL accessories. Also as stated above I want to look "fancy". May not be the best option but fuck it. I'll look awesome.

  12. #592
    #Despair
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,949
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiernin View Post
    Huge props to all the people that contributed to this thread. It really helps people like me that simply don't have the time to figure this stuff out. My pld is only like lvl 18, but I like to not suck at jobs and this stuff will help a ton.
    I am pretty sure I am gonna go with valor body first for AF2. I already have all other hop pieces and a few DL accessories. Also as stated above I want to look "fancy". May not be the best option but fuck it. I'll look awesome.
    Looking fabulous is all that really matters.

  13. #593
    a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    25,986
    BG Level
    10

    Fabulous first, stats second. It's the first rule of any game ever.

  14. #594
    Hyperion Cross
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    8,919
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Agreed. It's such a shame they made AF almost next to useless the moment you hit 50, thanks to the dungeon gear (although for a subset of player it's probably awesome if they don't submit themselves to the grind that is WP/AK). But it was DRG and PLD that was on "demo" for the game that made it look absolutely amazing and made you wanna be in that "powerful appearance" gear.

    On topic, I've amassed 1800 myth since yesterday's cap, so I'm looking to do:

    Not a coil runner!

    +1 the sword
    Valor Body
    Valor Head -- I've got hoplite head but at this point in time I feel getting head is a waste as it won't "show" too much (back to the looking fabulous discussion); it's only a tiara after all, I was thinking of saving it for feet then maybe legs (i've got both hop light equivalents, so if I buy feet I can use hoplite legs -- the legs don't really show on the valor set)

    Oh, for those that wondered, I dislike upgrading incrementally, I like to do it all in one go, hence the bank of 1800 myth.

    At this point in time, I might just +1 sword and grab body and call it a day, then hoard the rest of my myth for DRG head, body and weapon+1 .... I'm determined to look sexy. My immersion is important to me

  15. #595
    Hay guyz, I was Shinebox but now I'm not!
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,197
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Don Katsu
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    I thought about picking up heros bracelet but Valor hands would look much better with what I am currently wearing.

  16. #596
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,264
    BG Level
    7

    I'm done spending Myths for my PLD. Buckled by buying Coronet & Sollerets, so will not spend a dime on accessories. Them Allagan better drop fkin soon. Now I can start gearing out DRG!

  17. #597
    #Despair
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,949
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Quote Originally Posted by Waraji View Post
    I'm done spending Myths for my PLD. Buckled by buying Coronet & Sollerets, so will not spend a dime on accessories. Them Allagan better drop fkin soon. Now I can start gearing out DRG!
    I hope what you really meant was "will not spend a dime on accessories after the ring," because the ring is kind of a big deal.

  18. #598
    Physicist
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,492
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Agreed. It's such a shame they made AF almost next to useless the moment you hit 50, thanks to the dungeon gear (although for a subset of player it's probably awesome if they don't submit themselves to the grind that is WP/AK). But it was DRG and PLD that was on "demo" for the game that made it look absolutely amazing and made you wanna be in that "powerful appearance" gear.

    On topic, I've amassed 1800 myth since yesterday's cap, so I'm looking to do:

    Not a coil runner!

    +1 the sword
    Valor Body
    Valor Head -- I've got hoplite head but at this point in time I feel getting head is a waste as it won't "show" too much (back to the looking fabulous discussion); it's only a tiara after all, I was thinking of saving it for feet then maybe legs (i've got both hop light equivalents, so if I buy feet I can use hoplite legs -- the legs don't really show on the valor set)

    Oh, for those that wondered, I dislike upgrading incrementally, I like to do it all in one go, hence the bank of 1800 myth.

    At this point in time, I might just +1 sword and grab body and call it a day, then hoard the rest of my myth for DRG head, body and weapon+1 .... I'm determined to look sexy. My immersion is important to me
    In that situation I would upgrade Shield, body, head and then use the myths on DRG. I personally have sword/shield HQs, hero ring, valor body, with head to come today.

    I don't coil either (at all), and I'm wondering if the sword was really worth it. Though it's glowy so I don't really regret it.

  19. #599
    a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    25,986
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Waraji View Post
    I'm done spending Myths for my PLD. Buckled by buying Coronet & Sollerets, so will not spend a dime on accessories. Them Allagan better drop fkin soon. Now I can start gearing out DRG!
    If you're using Valor Sollerets, don't you need Valor Gauntlets?

    Edit: I guess not if you're just gonna ride Allagan cuirass but bleh, that thing is too bulky to go with anything else.

  20. #600
    Campaign
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    6,631
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

    Valor body is mad fancy. I will never understand people who don't comprehend how important looking fancy as fuck really is.

Page 30 of 53 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast