1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 20 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 39 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 10 hours, 20 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 23 hours, 39 minutes
Page 44 of 53 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast
Results 861 to 880 of 1056
  1. #861
    Chram
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,667
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by Indomitable Will View Post
    This is false, I RoH the knight every time, it doesn't move, and my threat stays at the top for a while, you just have to be fast...
    All but a handful of times (usually unfortunate timing on the last Clockwork Bug) i've been able to Flash both and then combo-Halone the Knight. They don't move either, and my melee have never been able to pull hate.

  2. #862
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    476
    BG Level
    4

    I don't know how I could possibly be faster without driving over to the data center, but I got tired of wiping my group trying to lead off with Halone. Never had a problem with the method I described.

  3. #863
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    173
    BG Level
    3
    FFXIV Character
    Tieffy Wieffy
    FFXIV Server
    Gungnir
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    I have had some issues with this also. I am from the state and I play on jp server. Usually i save cos and try and time a roh also. I also use cos the second the mobs come up on the mob list. If I wait till they pop on screen then they always run away. I sometimes grab one with a provoke if they stray. Takes some practice to grab them just right.

  4. #864
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    697
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Helmir Rainteau
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    I'd echo that opening with RoH as your first enmity action is ill advised.

  5. #865
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    18,369
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Literally never had a single instance of opening with RoH not working as intended.

  6. #866
    Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

    Vamos los Perds!

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    10,582
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Trying to decide if Heavy Darksteel Armor HQ melded with 4x Tier IV ACC + 1x Tier IV Parry is worth the investment. The materia is actually fairly cheap right now; could do the whole thing for like 180k or less. I enjoy PLD and am thinking about bumping it up to my 2nd job, but ACC is a big issue with Break Blade for Coil and it may be difficult to snag Allagan with my current group's needs. May wait until coil this week to see what drops and go from there.

  7. #867
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    770
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Ada Rusheart
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Seems kind of pointless if you already have the Darksteel, but if you do I'd evaluate how much accuracy you're likely to gain in other future improvements. On my Warrior 24 ACC on the HDS (2xT4 + 1xT3) puts me at 481 overall. You would need to hunt extra ACC in other slots, though. I see 3 "dead" accessory slots and the body + head combo doesn't help either. AF2 hat and Allagan body (it might be unlikely, but what main job tank in coil doesn't already have their AF2? It seems selfish to take that as well.) would be a ridiculously huge chunk.

    Or you could swap the body piece for crafted instead, that would actually be a net gain in ACC.

  8. #868
    Onto plan B...
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    913
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    For people having trouble with starting with a combo'd RoH, try starting with a Savage Blade instead. It's a super fast animation and should be plenty of hate as long as your healer doesn't decide to end a Medica after it and then swift cast another. Also, for my group in turn 4, I don't even attempt to hold hate on the soldier. We have three physical DPS that burst the stoneskin off quick and it's a non-issue.

  9. #869
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    288
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Lyn Tah'row
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    I start with Flash as well, and I sort of feel like people underestimate how much enmity Flash builds now; it's gotten a fairly significant boost due to the changes in Shield Oath even if it itself hasn't changed any. This probably is partially due to me getting used to what to do during the phase change as well, but I know the difficulty of staying ahead on both mobs has decreased dramatically in 2.1. (Healer hate could be really wonky for me if I focused too much on one or the other, and it's been normal for DPS to be +15 item levels from me, since I've forever been on the lower end of "gear that can T4 OT").

    It's probably also the fastest pickup for people like me that are terrible with finding the right target, since lazy controllers and stuff, because not only is it a fast animation, it doesn't require a target so you can Flash from the right spot as soon as the names appear. But regardless, shit is situational, and I think you should try to figure out how to have as many tools as possible for phase changes (prep Savage/Rage, time/save Spirits, have a cooldown, etc). Chances are that one doesn't ever really need all of them, but it makes it easier to do much more with less gear.

  10. #870
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,351
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

    Hummm, not sure, I usually open with the a charged Halone and SW on the other and never had any issues. I'm always right next to the soldier as it drop so even with the 0.5~s cast time of Halone I've never had the mobs move on me.

  11. #871
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    49
    BG Level
    1
    FFXIV Character
    Kurai Entreri
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Hey hey, haven't been on since 11/5 or so, so looking to get back into the 2.1
    Any suggestions on what to shoot for next?
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...acter/4024258/
    NQ Relic Sword/Shield
    Head Hoplite
    Body Valor
    Hands DL
    Belt DL
    Legs HDL
    Neck DL
    Ear DL
    Wrist DL
    Ring DL
    Ring Hero's.
    I have to double check but I think I have about 200 myth. Couldnt bring my self to grind WP/AK 15 times last night. I came back to avoid that.
    I unlocked the CT. FC wanted the hands that dropped, I said sure. Then the armor dropped and he was pissed. Oh well.
    Im wonder if its Valor Head, or go Legs with Hoplite Feet or some similar combo. Or + sword/shield?

  12. #872
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,499
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Ferien Terzo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Do you do Coil at all or do you plan to? The answer's generally going to be to upgrade whatever you don't get from there.

    Biggest upgrade from where you're at right now is probably going to be the gloves or the sword. Head's not far behind but the accuracy is a waste of a stat with what you're currently wearing.

  13. #873
    I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,268
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Also get into Crystal Tower for minor upgrades as well.

  14. #874
    #Despair
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,949
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Quote Originally Posted by Camate
    Greetings,

    We've confirmed a bug wherein the enmity bonus granted from Shield Oath will remain when changing to Sword Oath. We apologize for the inconvenience and will be fixing this in patch 2.15.

    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...06#post1758006
    Haha, wow. That explains a lot, I suppose; though I never ran into this problem myself.

  15. #875
    a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    25,974
    BG Level
    10

    That explains a lot. What a weird bug though.

  16. #876
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,446
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGlow View Post
    Hey hey, haven't been on since 11/5 or so, so looking to get back into the 2.1
    Any suggestions on what to shoot for next?
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...acter/4024258/
    NQ Relic Sword/Shield
    Head Hoplite
    Body Valor
    Hands DL
    Belt DL
    Legs HDL
    Neck DL
    Ear DL
    Wrist DL
    Ring DL
    Ring Hero's.
    I have to double check but I think I have about 200 myth. Couldnt bring my self to grind WP/AK 15 times last night. I came back to avoid that.
    I unlocked the CT. FC wanted the hands that dropped, I said sure. Then the armor dropped and he was pissed. Oh well.
    Im wonder if its Valor Head, or go Legs with Hoplite Feet or some similar combo. Or + sword/shield?

    I did: Body > Head > Shield > Sword > Ring > Hands

    Next up is: Legs > Feet > Waist

    I'd agree on waiting for Coil drops, but our group has only seen 2 tank rings in the month we've been farming. You also can get EX accessories while waiting for the Coil alternative.

  17. #877
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,351
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

    That sword oath bug had caused a few wipes with groups I've been in since plds don't know about it and figure that they could just use their regular tanking combo... which is also their dps combo... which is also the only combo that matters and not get hate.

  18. #878
    a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    25,974
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    I did: Body > Head > Shield > Sword > Ring > Hands

    Next up is: Legs > Feet > Waist

    I'd agree on waiting for Coil drops, but our group has only seen 2 tank rings in the month we've been farming. You also can get EX accessories while waiting for the Coil alternative.
    But the Allagan Ring of Fending sucks anyway. If you're after Parry get Ultima Band of Fending. Otherwise just get a Vortex ring.

    For the guy above, if you're not doing Coil I'd say get Valor hands and grab the Crown of Light from CT this week. Next week get Breeches of Light and grab Valor feet. Then get Valor breeches when you can. Even if you are doing Coil, just swap the order you buy head and hands.

  19. #879
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    49
    BG Level
    1
    FFXIV Character
    Kurai Entreri
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    No intent on Coil, as one of the main reasons I left was sitting in FC groups for 2-3 hours waiting for everyone to be ready. then finding one or 2 already did it and didnt know its once a week and then sit another 3 hours looking for people.
    do this 3 different nights in a row when your subs about to expire, and youll feel similar.

  20. #880
    #Despair
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,949
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    But the Allagan Ring of Fending sucks anyway.
    Why is that? It has more parry than any other ring, and skill speed (while not our highest priority) will decrease the length of our GCD, but should never cause anyone to become TP starved. 7 determination (at the cost of 2 parry) would probably beat out the skill speed, but being attached to an Ultima accessory means it's i80, so not only is it less parry, it's also less vitality, and the Vortex has no parry at all.

Page 44 of 53 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast