I'm generally not going to list recipes here because if you can't see them in your crafting log yet, you have that.
Second: The first posts here will be organized as follows:
-1: Leve types, dye locations, material "tiers"
-2: Limsa Lominsa DoH/DoL leves
-3: Gridania DoH/DoL leves
-4: Ul'dah DoH/DoL leves
Third: For every 5 levels craft quest stuff go here
Fourth: Do not copy this list without either giving credit (all I really ask) or asking permission (if you for some weird reason want to). Not like you can't just find all of this info in-game of course but it's really obvious and rude if you copy the format directly.
Disciplines of the Hand (DoH, Crafters)
- "Town" types are accepted in one of the 3 cities and do not require you to leave to complete it. 2 of this type per level range. 1 is a triple turn-in; this one requests more than 1 synth's worth of product.
- "Courier" types are accepted in town, delivered to specified haven out in the world. 1 of this type per level range, typically gives more base exp than usual for its level range.
- As of 2.1 there is now an additional "Reverse Courier" leve at each Courier destination that goes the other way around; from camp to city. This only seems to exist for level 1 to 15 leves; 20+ just got an additional "Field" leve.
- "Field" types are accepted and delivered in certain havens with Levequest givers. 2 of this type per level range. 1 is a triple turn-in; this one requests more than 1 synth's worth of product.
Turning in HQ items increases the exp/gil rewarded. Turning in all HQ is +100% (or double). For stackables you have to turn in all HQ or all NQ, no mixing. For gear/non-stackables you can mix HQ with NQ and each HQ pieces is worth 1/3rd of that +100% maximum. Prior to 2.1 this was +200% (triple) so this can seem like a nerf, but every leves except triples also saw their base exp doubled. So say a 30k triple pre-patch would have given 270k with all HQs, now it would give 180k. Conversely, a single turn-in of 50k pre-patch would have been 150k, now it would be 100k base raised to 200k total.
"Triple turn-in" allows you to get triple rewards while only using the 1 leve allowance. Whether or not this is worth it depends on how easy/hard the order is to HQ (triple HQ is massive, but this is difficult for 40 durability synths). Triples have this leveplate:
If doing Courier type, you should make both the town and the destination favored to save on teleport costs.
Disciplines of the Land (DoL, Gatherers)
Fisher leves work much like DoH leves, except they only have the "Field" type. 4 possible leves per level range but only 2 will be available at any given time. Fisher "triple" leves have this plate
Miner and Botanist leves
(Note that all leve nodes have 6 attempts as opposed to the usual 4)
- Evaluation 4: 4 gathering points spawn, each has an "easy" item at the leve's selected level and a hard item. Each successful swing awards evaluation points. Exceeding certain values gives you up to a 25% exp bonus on completion.
- Evaluation 8: As with Evaluation 4 but with 8 gather points.
- Quota: 1 gather point up at a time, just gather enough items to fill the quota.
- Limited Quota: 8 gather points spawn, works much like Quota but if you must successfully gather 32 of 48 possible attempts.
Of the above, only 2 will be available at any given time. The available list cycles when you complete/abandon? a leve.
Evaluation types are most recommended. For GP efficiency it's best to use the 100 GP +15% gather skill up front (this should give you 90+ success on the "easy" target), get to chain 4, then use Brunt Force/Deep Vigor and get the "hard" item.
Do NOT use yield+ skills. Gathering more items in one swing does not boost evaluation and defeats the whole point of the Quota type.
Do NOT use gathering attempt +1 skill. GP inefficient.
Do NOT use HQ+ skills. Leve items are quest items and HQ is not a factor.
Do NOT use Ward skills. There are no crystals.
DoL leve locations
*Generally you can only accept leves from the city that houses your DoL's guild. Exceptions noted.
*You must complete the trial levequest at a location on a DoW/M before you can access these leves
1-5: Limsa (FSH), The Bannock (BTN), Scorpion Crossing (MIN)
10: Swiftperch (FSH), Bentbranch (BTN), Horizon (MIN)
15: Aleport (FSH), Hawthorne Hut (BTN), Camp Drybone (MIN)
20-25: Quarrymill (all cities can accept from Gridania)
30: Costa del Sol (all cities can accept from Limsa)
*From this point onward, leves must be accepted on site
45: Saint Coinach's Find
Pigment locations can be viewed in gathering log in the 26-30 range for Quarrying and Logging.
Some dyes are crafted and some are npc-bought (from each city's vendor alley). If npc bought I'll just note gil.
To unlock the ability to dye (and craft dyes?), complete a lv15 quest at Vesper Bay (west of Horizon). Bring 1 Orange Juice.
Dye locations: (click for photo album)
This is kind of informal (and random high end pieces will need random low end mats), but as a general rule of what key "material" synths exist.
These typically cross over so you'll need, say, a ~30 wood mat and ~30 metal mat to make a spear.