Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 365
  1. #201
    Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    19,830
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Spoiler: show
    I would be really surprised if they go the mom's dead route. They've already said it ends with a twist. With all the build up and vague comments leading us to believe she dies the twist is that she lives. At least I hope so. It would suck balls if the series ended on a sad note.

  2. #202
    Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

    The Immortal Bill Duke

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    15,697
    BG Level
    9

    Spoiler: show
    holy fuck, was not expecting that

  3. #203
    But I don't want my title changed
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    6,486
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    Spoiler: show
    I'm thinking it lends credence to the theory that the mother dies at some point before ted tells his kids the story, she may be sick or something here which explains the dwelling in memories and him needing to live for the future or whatever, maybe they know she won't be alive for their daughter's wedding
    Spoiler: show
    oh holy fuck. That makes so much sense.

  4. #204
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    37,887
    BG Level
    10

    Was a sweet ending

  5. #205
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,411
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    For what it's worth:

    Spoiler: show
    A few places have asked the "Mother" actress directly if she is dead and she says "thats crazy". Also she says they have not filmed multiple endings to trick either the crew or staff about how the show ends, this specific interview was apparently done right before the end of filming.

    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...et-your-686668
    http://time.com/18668/how-i-met-your-mother-theory/

  6. #206
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    11,713
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Spoiler: show
    Starting to think it's Lily who passes away, not the Mother...

  7. #207
    I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,264
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Spoiler: show
    Couldn't it just be Ted's mom?

  8. #208
    Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    19,830
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso View Post
    Spoiler: show
    Starting to think it's Lily who passes away, not the Mother...
    That seems to be the new theory popping up.

  9. #209
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,827
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    I know how much hates this...but did anyone else

    Spoiler: show
    Think that when Robin said she has someone, she was thinking of Ted not Barney? She was making a face.


    Also I don't think anyone is gonna die.

  10. #210
    Brokage
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    20,318
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    I know how much hates this...but did anyone else

    Spoiler: show
    Think that when Robin said she has someone, she was thinking of Ted not Barney? She was making a face.


    Also I don't think anyone is gonna die.
    Spoiler: show
    I kind of had that feeling too. And I hated it lol. 3 friggin episodes left, I hope they don't go back to that again

  11. #211
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    15,632
    BG Level
    9
    Blog Entries
    101

    He let her go -- floated off into the great unknown. Just stop it, stop it now.

  12. #212
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,321
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso View Post
    Spoiler: show
    Starting to think it's Lily who passes away, not the Mother...
    Spoiler: show
    Didn't they already show that she was still alive fairly far into the future when they did the will episode?

  13. #213
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,827
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    I think it's a silly assumption that someone has to die for it to be a big plot twist. That works in shows like Game of Thrones and Walking Dead, but really has no business to be happening in a long running comedy series like HIMYM. They already had a secondary character die in Marshall's dad. I think that's as far as they will go.

  14. #214
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Seriously, all these theories are getting borderline absurd now, lol

    Let's just enjoy the series for what it is and stop looking too deep into it~

    As far as the Robin and her mom thing at the end.. her mom had just spent the entire episode basically describing Barney to a T, so I mean.. RIP Robin's sanity lol

  15. #215
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    11,713
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Spoiler: show
    Didn't they already show that she was still alive fairly far into the future when they did the will episode?
    Spoiler: show
    I think the oldest we've seen her is when she visits Marvin in college, but it doesn't change the fact that she can pass away before Daisy's wedding.

  16. #216
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,907
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso View Post
    Spoiler: show
    I think the oldest we've seen her is when she visits Marvin in college, but it doesn't change the fact that she can pass away before Daisy's wedding.
    Spoiler: show

    They showed her when Lily and Marshal was celebrating Marshall in the future, and they both looked to be in their 50's or 60's then.


    Seriously, why does anyone have to die? It's kind of a feel-good comedy show, I highly doubt they will end it by killing off one of the main characters just to make a plot twist in the LAST FRIKKIN' EPISODE of the show. This isn't a show like Lost where the entire premise of the show is the shock factor.

    If it absolutely HAS to end with a plot twist, it's probably going to be Robin finding out she's pregnant even though she was told she can't have kids, or something like that.

  17. #217
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    37,887
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    Spoiler: show

    They showed her when Lily and Marshal was celebrating Marshall in the future, and they both looked to be in their 50's or 60's then.


    Seriously, why does anyone have to die? It's kind of a feel-good comedy show, I highly doubt they will end it by killing off one of the main characters just to make a plot twist in the LAST FRIKKIN' EPISODE of the show. This isn't a show like Lost where the entire premise of the show is the shock factor.

    If it absolutely HAS to end with a plot twist, it's probably going to be Robin finding out she's pregnant even though she was told she can't have kids, or something like that.
    Or Ted has a twin brother and she left Barney to go with him


  18. #218
    Brokage
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    20,318
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Or Ted has a twin brother and she left Barney to go with him

    Or Ted IS the twin brother, and all these flash-forwards we're having with Ted and the Mother are actually the Mother and Ted's brother

  19. #219
    okay guy I guess
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    24,393
    BG Level
    10

    or there's no mother, no kids, no marshall or lily or barney or robin, just the insane ramblings of someone in a mental institution

  20. #220
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,907
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    or there's no mother, no kids, no marshall or lily or barney or robin, just the insane ramblings of someone in a mental institution
    Or child protection came after the first season to take the children away for negligence since he's obviously failed in his role as a father, and now he's locked up in a mental institution telling the story to his psychiatrist or fellow patients?

    Or maybe the plot twist is him saying "Kids, it is true, that is where I met your mother, and had I only dared to speak to her that day both of you would be real, but now I'm alone and sad. I guess the moral of the story is 'Dare to take a chance'"

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How I Met Your Mother - Season 8
    By Skai in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 464
    Last Post: 2013-07-22, 18:44
  2. How I Met Your Mother- Season 7
    By Qalbert in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 343
    Last Post: 2012-07-26, 09:55
  3. How I met your Mother - Season 6!
    By The_OG_Nelta in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 335
    Last Post: 2011-05-21, 00:52
  4. How I Met Your Mother Season 5
    By Qalbert in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 123
    Last Post: 2010-05-26, 18:28
  5. How I Met Your Mother - Slaptastic!
    By Izzy in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 108
    Last Post: 2009-05-11, 22:39