• Navigation
Page 5 of 865 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 17293
  1. #81
    Dr. Salami
    HERO OF TIME

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,565
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by Mote View Post
    I'm a little weirded out by all the days off between games, after last season's maelstrom. It will take a few weeks to adjust, I think.

    Also, hybrid icing and visor rules were approved.
    Yea I'm not sure how I feel about hybrid icing, have to actually see it to get used to it, it's gonna be weird to see.

  2. #82
    You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26,424
    BG Level
    10

    I think it's a good idea, but I can 7,000% guarantee you that refs are going to have trouble adjusting at first, there's going to be questionable calls on ties to start, and people will be mayad. At least noone will get their body broken in half getting boarded during a race, though.

  3. #83
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    812
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    The rule change that I'm least happy with is the decreased goalie pad sizes.

  4. #84
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    14,680
    BG Level
    9

    Burning some oil tonight.

    No, really. I have some incense oil to burn.

    And tonight...the old Jets and Oilers rivalry renews!

  5. #85
    WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,065
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

    Quote Originally Posted by bluefan View Post
    As always, everyone shitting on Izzy and I.

    YOU'LL ALL RUE THE DAY!
    Kinda sad we don't get to play you guys as much anymore. Even though WPG generally whooped Buffalo's ass.

  6. #86
    WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,065
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

    Also, I can't really decide on hybrid icing until I see more of it. If anything, it cuts down on the amount of time wasted at the end of a game when a team simply ices the puck to kill time.

  7. #87
    BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    23,755
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

    IT HAS BEGUN


  8. #88
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,637
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by BadKarma View Post
    IT HAS BEGUN

    GOOSEBUMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  9. #89
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9,710
    BG Level
    8

    So the Hawks are going with Handzues as their 2nd line center?

    Yeah, you might wanna fix that whole quick, lol.

  10. #90
    sauce
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,541
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

    same hole they had last year, though.

  11. #91
    Dr. Salami
    HERO OF TIME

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,565
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Yea, he worked out well last year with Hossa and Handsome. OH GOD WE HAVE A TRIPLE H LINE



    (yes I realize the actual last name is not Handsome but it's interchangeable.)

  12. #92
    Dr. Salami
    HERO OF TIME

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,565
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Also, I will take it upon myself to fire the first shots of the season.

    Tonight will finally mark the time that Ovie gets to see a banner raising ceremony live! BRING IT ON CAPS























    I still love Ovie, and Bregor and Cail are good people but for tonight, we are enemies!

  13. #93
    You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26,424
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Jornna View Post
    So the Hawks are going with Handzues as their 2nd line center?

    Yeah, you might wanna fix that whole quick, lol.
    yeah him at 2C definitely worked out poorly in the playoffs

  14. #94
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9,710
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    yeah him at 2C definitely worked out poorly in the playoffs
    I honestly hope none of you think thats going to work for a full season + playoffs?

    Yes he did pretty well after coming over last season but he will not be able to do much in a full season in that spot. His best days are behind him. You're looking at maybe 10 goals tops and 30 points.

  15. #95
    Dr. Salami
    HERO OF TIME

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,565
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by Jornna View Post
    I honestly hope none of you think thats going to work for a full season + playoffs?

    Yes he did pretty well after coming over last season but he will not be able to do much in a full season in that spot. His best days are behind him. You're looking at maybe 10 goals tops and 30 points.
    But he can win faceoffs, which is something we struggled with lol. He'll probably have 10-15 goals, with two all star wingers, one future hall of famer, he'll put up some good numbers but yea, he won't be a scoring machine or anything like that, and that's ok.

  16. #96
    You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26,424
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Selamis View Post
    But he can win faceoffs, which is something we struggled with lol.
    This lol, we don't need goals from him, we need not losing defensive zone draws from him. Kruger is terrible at faceoffs.

  17. #97
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9,710
    BG Level
    8

    Its a pretty huge hole though and likely the Hawks biggest weakness (lack of center depth) which is why trading Bolland made no sense. What you described would be great if he was a 3rd line center. I highly doubt he even gets 10 goals this year, lol.

  18. #98
    Dr. Salami
    HERO OF TIME

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,565
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    I still don't agree with the Bolland trade, but I think they were going to move him regardless in the off-season and it just happened that he had the GWG that upped his value. We've been weak at center though since like 2008 lol, every year that seems to never get addressed.

  19. #99
    You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26,424
    BG Level
    10

    Bolland trade was pretty much the max value they'd have gotten for anybody outside of Hjalmarsson, and there was jack crap available in the offseason. We're weak at center, but have been for years and they've found a way around it.

  20. #100
    The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    15,071
    BG Level
    9
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    I AM SO READY

Page 5 of 865 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1980
    Last Post: 2014-06-22, 10:43
  2. Replies: 561
    Last Post: 2014-03-21, 16:42
  3. 2013 NHL Playoff Thread: BITCH WE MIGHT BE
    By Callisto in forum Sports
    Replies: 13141
    Last Post: 2013-06-26, 08:57
  4. Replies: 16499
    Last Post: 2013-04-29, 06:20
  5. Replies: 1973
    Last Post: 2013-04-25, 04:32
  6. 2011-2012 NHL Season Thread: FUCK COREY PERRY
    By Callisto in forum Sports
    Replies: 19036
    Last Post: 2012-04-10, 08:38
  7. 2010-2011 NHL Season Thread
    By Callisto in forum Sports
    Replies: 12372
    Last Post: 2011-04-11, 22:16