+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kezzel's Gorge     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Kezzel's Gorge

I'm aware there only a few people on BG who still play Tera but I thought I would post this anyway. I'll try to get the other ones up too when I get the chance.

The entrance to Kezzle's Gorge is just outside Frontera. This is a 7 man alliance instance. The goal is to defeat Kezzel before it can destroy the gate to the castle and presumably eat the magical ore shipment.

Overall this is a lot of fun. The average run is around 15 min or so, depending on how skilled and well geared your group is. There are several ways to help kill Kezzel outside of straight DD (though this is important).

The first thing to do is tank Kezzel in the right spot, just against the cliff from where it enters. The reason it to do this is probably crappy programming, because he will try to directly move down the road and get caught in part of the cliff outface. This buys your party some time to keep up the damage before it corrects itself and breaks down the first gate.

3 cannons spawn next and its good to have people man each one. There is a chance to knock Kezzel down (not sure if you do this with a direct hit or if its just random). But I usually aim for his feet to just insure the massive damage spike.

In the next outcropping there are 2 sets of explosive barrels that can be taken and used against the giant also. These also have a chance for knockdown, which you want, so you can lay on the damage.

The last phase is Kezzel attacking the gate of the castle. There is 1 more cannon to man (I don't know where yet, as I have not ever had to man it). And also controls that release massive drills from the wall. The giant needs to be in position for these or you'll miss and waste a shot.

The attacks to watch out for are a huge ground AOE, his random lash attacks, and his foot stomps when he walks. Once you do this instance once it's easy to avoid all of these things- or most of them if you get greedy on doing dmg :D I guess the biggest worry is doing enough damage to him before he breaks the wall down. The first run I did was reaaaaallly close, but I don't even know if we used barrels or cannons >.>; Tbh, I think if you plan this right, it's very doable with solid gear, and I roll my eyes at people shouting for i160+

The main reward for this are 2 molten tokens and 1 Zenith Chest. The tokens are used for new gear and you can get some cool random loot (and crap) from the chest, the most notable item is a crafting item for upgrading Visionmaker gear (thus keeping it the best in the game).

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Kind of miss TERA when seeing that vid. It's a great game.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

First run ever was with only blue/no glow ranged dps and priest. One guy did the end drill, but no barrels or cannons. Generally one person was dead the whole time, but still completed with room to spare. Requirements really are pretty lax.

Zenith chests can also drop more molten cores and BOE steadfast armor/weapons, which go for 10 to 35k easily on MT.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

^You must have had more constant DPS than you imagined. I've done a couple random runs with people who've had ok gear, but with all 3 cannons, barrels and drill its very dooable. However I've done runs where people were total morons, missed with cannons, didn't do barrels, and we simply ran out of time. It's a great instance (glitchy) but you have to have SOME semblance of intelligence or his massive HP will just outlast the timer.