• Navigation
Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 563
  1. #101
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    28,673
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    The 80m probably is due more to years than actual annual salary. If "sources" are to be believed, he's wanting a minimum of 9 years with a vesting tenth year and I think the Yankee's are sticking to no more than 7, if not less? I think I've heard 28 a year at 5 and recently upped to 7 and he's wanting 31 at 10. So while it's only a 3m difference on annual, you have that 80m difference due to the life of contract.

  2. #102
    Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    58,155
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    Washington Nationals ‏@Nationals
    The #Nats have acquired Doug Fister from the #Tigers in exchange for Steve Lombardozzi, Ian Krol & Robbie Ray

  3. #103
    Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10,263
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Cail View Post
    Washington Nationals ‏@Nationals
    The #Nats have acquired Doug Fister from the #Tigers in exchange for Steve Lombardozzi, Ian Krol & Robbie Ray
    I'm not familiar with those players from the Nats. As a Tigers fan, should I be happy or sad? I did like Fister...

  4. #104
    Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    58,155
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    Jerry Crasnick ‏@jcrasnick
    Baseball America ranked LHP Robbie Ray as #nationals No. 5 prospect. He had 160 K's in 142 minor league IP. #tigers

  5. #105
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25,823
    BG Level
    10

    "Robbie Ray" is a real winner of a name too

  6. #106
    Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    58,155
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    Kurkjian seems to like it for both sides

  7. #107
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25,823
    BG Level
    10

    KLaw didn't think the Tigers got enough. A #2-#3 SP is worth a lot, and they didn't get a lot.

    Robbie Ray isn't a top 100 prospect.

  8. #108
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,026
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    As a Nats fan, I'm thrilled the top 4 of our rotation is now Strasburg, Gio, Zimmermann, and Fister.

    Still need lefty help in the bullpen and off the bench.

  9. #109
    Soa
    Soa is offline
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,889
    BG Level
    6

    Nats give up practically nothing to get a #2ish quality starter. Meanwhile my GM is bringing back practically the same old ass team that sucked balls last year. Can't wait to be fighting it out with the $20 million dollar payroll Marlins for 4th place this season.

  10. #110
    C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,936
    BG Level
    8

    Jim Johnson to the A's for Jemile Weeks. I like it. Got rid of a ton of $ burden for a competitor at a position of need.

  11. #111
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    28,673
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    Depends on if Weeks ever decides to perform like he did 3 years ago. If not, enjoy your .230 ba, sub .300 obp.

  12. #112
    C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,936
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Depends on if Weeks ever decides to perform like he did 3 years ago. If not, enjoy your .230 ba, sub .300 obp.
    Yeah, for sure. I'm hoping that a better hitting coach and a hitter's park will help him out. Honestly I'm more worried about his defense..

  13. #113
    jmc
    jmc is offline
    BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,634
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

    pierzynski to Red Sox for 1yr/8m

    Don't know how I feel about this. However it's a more consistent bat in the lineup compared to salty

  14. #114
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    28,673
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    Quote Originally Posted by jmc View Post
    pierzynski to Red Sox for 1yr/8m

    Don't know how I feel about this. However it's a more consistent bat in the lineup compared to salty
    WTF I thought I read that the Twins signed him yesterday.

  15. #115
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,050
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Anyone want a broken catcher who can't hit and can't field? Then J.P. Arencibia is available! Jays cut him lose as they signed Dioner Navarro from the Cubs for 2 years at $8M.

  16. #116
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    28,673
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    Quote Originally Posted by Kang View Post
    Anyone want a broken catcher who can't hit and can't field? Then J.P. Arencibia is available! Jays cut him lose as they signed Dioner Navarro from the Cubs for 2 years at $8M.
    I'm sure the Marlins can save a few hundred thousand by signing him.

  17. #117
    Death by snoo snoo
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    22,117
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

    Rays trade for Heath Bell lmao

  18. #118
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25,823
    BG Level
    10

    inc 50 saves and 2.5 ERA

  19. #119
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    28,673
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    Marlins Payroll just increased about 35%. Signed Salty to a 3 year 21m deal.

  20. #120
    jmc
    jmc is offline
    BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,634
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

    Well then.... Figured he would goto the rangers

Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1980
    Last Post: 2014-06-22, 10:43
  2. Replies: 17287
    Last Post: 2014-04-15, 12:05
  3. Replies: 437
    Last Post: 2013-11-07, 08:58
  4. Replies: 3792
    Last Post: 2013-09-29, 20:04
  5. Replies: 1973
    Last Post: 2013-04-25, 04:32
  6. Replies: 609
    Last Post: 2012-10-30, 16:08