1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 10 hours, 15 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 13 hours, 44 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 3 hours, 15 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 hours, 44 minutes
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 448
  1. #321
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,612
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by bokchoykn View Post
    Fracture out of Defiance is a large damage-per-second gain, small damage-per-TP loss.
    Fracture in Defiance is a small damage-per-second gain, large damage-per-TP loss.



    I'm pretty much BiS and highest I've parsed on a T9 kill is ~230 DPS. The strategy we use doesn't exactly squeeze maximum Warrior damage, but 300 seems out of reach.
    Sounds like you aren't in STR gear/STR spec. You don't need more than 9500 HP for T9.

    If you are and you're only parsing ~230, uh, you're bad?

  2. #322
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,998
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

    Might be focusing on keeping Storm's Path up.

    Maxing DPS is cool and all, but if it makes the party's job harder...

  3. #323
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    18,369
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Currently our MT PLD tanks in full i110 STR accs as well (mainly to keep hate off of me) so his HP is right around 7k. We get it done.

    And honestly, our healing squad is decent/good. We're not running with superstar heals here.

  4. #324
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,998
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

    Well, then our group is doing something severely wrong, because my crew can't even get past phase 1 of T9 after roughly three hours of trying, mostly simply due to the MT getting absolutely rocked. We simply concluded that the MT needed more gear (which shouldn't be true, if your MT can do it in full STR accessories), and stopped trying for the time being.

  5. #325
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    18,369
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Well, then our group is doing something severely wrong, because my crew can't even get past phase 1 after roughly three hours of trying, mostly simply due to the MT getting absolutely rocked.
    Everyone starts off like this. Was a time that even with like 8k+ HP our MT was getting his shit pushed in. It's all about CD management + healers properly pre-shielding with SS (and sometimes adlo). Also pushing phase change before the 4th(?) Ravensbeak is pretty important since that's the one where you eat dive + ascent at the same time and it pushes your shit in hard.

  6. #326
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    206
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Bokchoy Mcnuggets
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Quote Originally Posted by MisterBob View Post
    Sounds like you aren't in STR gear/STR spec. You don't need more than 9500 HP for T9.

    If you are and you're only parsing ~230, uh, you're bad?
    I am Str 30 and I tank this in 4 Ruby 1 Slaying.

    Are you parsing from start to finish? Or is your parse stopping during downtime (eg. Megaflare)?

    People use different ways to parse to inflate their stats on certain fights. If your parser is splitting the parse midway through the fight, and you're simply compiling the numbers after each split, yeah your DPS numbers will look high.

    I'm parsing total damage divided by the time between pulling the boss and the killing blow. My damage output of about 70% of our top damage dealer.

  7. #327
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,612
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Might be focusing on keeping Storm's Path up.

    Maxing DPS is cool and all, but if it makes the party's job harder...
    You can Storm's Path periodically, especially before Claws, but keeping at 100% uptime is silly. Nael doesn't do much damage outside of Claw/Beak/Meteor Stream

  8. #328
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    18,369
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by bokchoykn View Post
    I am Str 30 and I tank this in 4 Ruby 1 Slaying.

    Are you parsing from start to finish? Or is your parse stopping during downtime (eg. Megaflare)?

    People use different metrics to inflate their stats on certain fights. If your parser is splitting the parse midway through the fight, and you're simply compiling the numbers after each split, yeah your DPS numbers will look high.
    Parse I posted is completely unstopped / unmerged (from our DRG) and has me at 241. Mine which has stops and needed to be merged had me at 271 for the fight (with about a minute of untargetable time taken out).

  9. #329
    Old Odin
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6,197
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

    Fairly certain Path won't even reduce Meteor Stream, as it's dealt by "Nael Geminus".

  10. #330
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    206
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Bokchoy Mcnuggets
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Parse I posted is completely unstopped / unmerged (from our DRG) and has me at 241. Mine which has stops and needed to be merged had me at 271 for the fight (with about a minute of untargetable time taken out).
    I'll parse again tonight, but 300 is out of reach using the first method (any other parse method is kinda dumb imho).

    I've been prioritizing SP in the entire final phase.

  11. #331
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    18,369
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by bokchoykn View Post
    I'll parse again tonight, but 300 is out of reach using the first method (any other parse method is kinda dumb imho).

    I've been prioritizing SP in the entire final phase.
    I agree 300 unmerged is out of the question, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was possible to pull 265-275 or a bit higher unmerged.

    I don't think I use storm's path even once in the fight tbh.

  12. #332
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,293
    BG Level
    9

    Does anyone know if HP drained from Bloodbath/SP/IB accrues extra hate?

    ie. Hate for the damage dealt + 1/2 the value of HP drained (since HP healed is half the hate of damage per point).

    Not something that would ever really matter, just curious.

  13. #333
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,446
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    I agree 300 unmerged is out of the question, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was possible to pull 265-275 or a bit higher unmerged.

    I don't think I use storm's path even once in the fight tbh.


    Do you have any hate issues during the first minute or so? I solo tank t9 now but before we went PLD/WAR and if our WAR hit a crit on the first couple BBs he would pull hate. Nothing a PLD can do with WARs that crit 1400-1500.

  14. #334
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,998
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

    Ye olde beta tests showed Bloodbath heals didn't affect enmity gains, but I haven't seen any recent tests. I assume it doesn't.

    Along those same lines, does Second Wind / Thrill of Battle give you enmity relative to your HP restored? Benediction / Lustrate sure seem to give some hate, but idk about the rest of the non-spell heals.

  15. #335
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    18,369
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Do you have any hate issues during the first minute or so? I solo tank t9 now but before we went PLD/WAR and if our WAR hit a crit on the first couple BBs he would pull hate. Nothing a PLD can do with WARs that crit 1400-1500.
    I did have a lot of troubles there and during the first heavensfall until our PLD started also tanking in full STR accessories with novus as well. Now I come close, but as long as I SE > SE > BB for my opener instead of SE > BB > BB I'm fine.

    Also my highest crit in T9 is something like 1679 on BB (with an Xpot).

  16. #336
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    206
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Bokchoy Mcnuggets
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Does anyone know if HP drained from Bloodbath/SP/IB accrues extra hate?

    ie. Hate for the damage dealt + 1/2 the value of HP drained (since HP healed is half the hate of damage per point).

    Not something that would ever really matter, just curious.
    They don't. You'll get ~70 damage worth of enmity for activating Bloodbath, but the healing effects from these don't actually generate extra enmity.

  17. #337
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    206
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Bokchoy Mcnuggets
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Now I come close, but as long as I SE > SE > BB for my opener instead of SE > BB > BB I'm fine.
    Do you tank in Phase 1 at all? I have to use BB for my fourth combo to prepare for the tank swap at Ravensbeak.

    Trying to figure out how to squeeze out another 15-20 DPS to match your numbers. I tank until the second Ravensbeak, and I apply SE for all Ravensbeaks, Bahamut's Claws (as well as Thermionic Beam).

  18. #338
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    18,369
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by bokchoykn View Post
    Do you tank in Phase 1 at all? I have to use BB for my fourth combo to prepare for the tank swap at Ravensbeak.

    Trying to figure out how to squeeze out another 15-20 DPS to match your numbers. I tank until the second Ravensbeak, and I apply SE for all Ravensbeaks, Bahamut's Claws (as well as Thermionic Beam).
    I don't tank in phase 1 at all. MT eats all 3 Ravensbeaks solo. We do 3 RB + 4 meteor every time. Usually jumps right before 2nd thermionic beam. I tank red golem in phase 2 and 3 but do so with unchained for the first and no defiance for the second. I'm basically another DPS until golem phase.

    I also don't use xpots in phase 1 anymore, but with xpot the numbers do get pretty amusing.

    Spoiler: show

  19. #339
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    206
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Bokchoy Mcnuggets
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Ahh okay. Yeah, I tank for about 30-35s in first phase, wearing 4 Ruby 1 Gloam. I also tank the red Golem, the Drake and I split two Bahamut's Claws with the MT.

    I also make a point to apply path, because it is just too OP.

    That's probably where our DPS numbers differ.

  20. #340
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    18,369
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by bokchoykn View Post
    Ahh okay. Yeah, I tank for about 30-35s in first phase, wearing 4 Ruby 1 Gloam. I also tank the red Golem, the Drake and I split two Bahamut's Claws with the MT.

    I also make a point to apply path, because it is just too OP.

    That's probably where our DPS numbers differ.
    I do tank the reds + the ghost, but yeah I don't split claws.

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast