Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 473
  1. #301
    Ayn
    Ayn is offline
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,307
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Hyrule Warriors limited edition package coming to US, but only in New York City!
    Get a rope.


  2. #302
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,822
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    After being one away from trying this at PAX, before the place shut down, I finally got to try this out at BestBuy today (surprised my area had it though). It's going to take some time to get used to the controls, especially lock on, as it feels awkward clicking the default button to do it. For the demo, you can only change control sets (Warriors/Zelda) and not individual keys, so I'm hoping the main game lets you re-map buttons and invert the camera controls, or it's going to be hard for me to aim attacks. The gamepad displays mission information, so it's kind of nice to just glance down and see what you need to do. Really looking forward to this release, in two weeks.

  3. #303
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    20,640
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

    Not sure of how many WiiU games have full button remapping.

  4. #304
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,822
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Lots of DLC information release, up through February; the articles have a link to a very LQ video of Cia gameplay, along with some other high-res pics. Total price is 30,000 yen if you pre-order everythingg, and with the 1.03 update, is about 1.3 gigs in size. You get Dark Link costume if you pre-order it all. The villains will be out in September.

    http://www.zeldadungeon.net/2014/09/...is-on-its-way/
    http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...rs_battlefield

    Hyrule Warriors Master Quest pack
    – Out on October 16
    – 1,200 yen
    – 1 new scenario
    – 1 new weapon
    – New Adventure Map
    – 2 costumes

    Twilight Princess pack
    – Out in November
    – 1,200 yen
    – 1 new character
    – 1 new weapon
    – New Adventure Map
    – 2 new costumes

    Majora’s Mask pack
    – Out in January
    – 1,200 yen
    – Two characters
    – New adventure map
    – 3 costumes

    Ganon pack
    – Out in February
    – 500 yen
    – 2 new game modes

  5. #305
    I Am, Who I Am.
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    15,658
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Well.. I guess it's good to know you can buy the other pre-order outifts..

  6. #306
    BG Staff
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    27,188
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Cia's fucking intro walk

    Spoiler: show
    @21:48

  7. #307
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    20,640
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

    You can't take the Tecmo out of Tecmo, no matter what system their product lands on.

  8. #308
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,139
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    I wonder if the line at nintendo world already started, I should ask my friend to check it out. I wouldn't be surprised if power glove guy was already there. I wonder if it'd be worth it to try camping out for a day to resell it to someone else.

  9. #309
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,822
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    Cia's fucking intro walk

    Spoiler: show
    @21:48
    Pics/streams have been out for a couple of weeks now; don't tell Gulk they left out the jiggle physics.

  10. #310
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,775
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    So, anyone played it yet?

  11. #311
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,822
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Just finished installing/updating and purchasing the Hyrule Pack, so I'll let you know in a few hours. >_>

    I feel bad for the UPS Delivery truck, as it broke down just a ways, past my house, so, lucky to get it delivered at all!

    Regarding a question I had earlier, aside from the camera/movement sticks, you can fully customize the controls, and you can invert the camera controls. They make you chose between Warriors/Zelda mode first, which is a bit odd since you can then change them however you want....

  12. #312
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    12,621
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

    not being able to invert the X/Y axis is going to suck.
    Mine didn't come w/ a club Nintendo insert Did anybody else get one?

  13. #313
    AoE
    AoE is offline
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    7,117
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    not being able to invert the X/Y axis is going to suck.

  14. #314
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    12,621
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

    guess i asked for that haha. I read Kachiko's post wrong

  15. #315
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,822
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    I have a Club Nintendo insert, but it's printed on the actual front/back paper, of the packaging, so you kind of have to half remove it to see the pin number/instructions. As long as you don't slide it all the way out, it goes back in just fine; I'll probably register it, and my TP codes after dinner, if people online say it's working properly for NA now.

    As for the game itself, it's a freaking blast, and once you get into the flow of the game-play, it sucks you right in. It takes getting used to, and if I hadn't watched a lot of Twitch broadcasts, I wouldn't understand a lot of things; read the digital manual if you're not familiar with DW games because, even with the on-screen prompts, there's a lot to remember and it's easy to forget things. The Wii-U Pad is a bit big for my hands, but I'm getting used to it; probably would work better with a Pro-Controller but I haven't spent the money for it.

    One thing I'd like to be more consistent: Swapping Items doesn't pause the game play and requires me to use my left hand to select them, making my character stop moving and become vulnerable to all the stuff going on around me.

    *edit*
    Removed the Dash comment - hold the dash button down and press a direction to go into sprint mode.

  16. #316
    I Am, Who I Am.
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    15,658
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Amazon ftw. Selected 35 and over free shipping and got it in today. Fuuuuuun game.

  17. #317
    I Am, Who I Am.
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    15,658
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    My thumb is killing me from holding up.

  18. #318
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,823
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    not being able to invert the X/Y axis is going to suck.
    Mine didn't come w/ a club Nintendo insert Did anybody else get one?
    yeah, as Kachiko said, its printed on the back of the cover. I wouldn't have noticed it if my GF didn't point it out when she saw it through the Recycle symbol holes.

    And yeah, switching items is a real huge pain in the ass. Especially when I need to heal. "I'm low on health, let me just completely stop moving so I can switch to my potion."

  19. #319
    AoE
    AoE is offline
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    7,117
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Was annoying on the last legends fight too

  20. #320
    BG Staff
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    27,188
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    I feel like this was made to be a middle ground type of game. Not too hard for new people and still fun to vets of warrior games and zelda franchise.

    Also Cia needs to stop with those grunts, moans, and that laughing....


Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Dynasty Warriors 8
    By 6souls in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 201
    Last Post: 2015-01-10, 00:58
  2. Dynasty Warriors 7
    By Tobi in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 146
    Last Post: 2012-11-27, 03:01
  3. Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3
    By Tobi in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 313
    Last Post: 2012-05-15, 10:22
  4. Kingdom Heroes (dynasty warrior mmo?)
    By SamanosukeShiva in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 2010-05-28, 12:16
  5. Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2
    By Selamis in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 2009-09-02, 22:55