1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 10 hours, 33 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 13 hours, 26 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 5 days, 3 hours, 33 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 1 days, 6 hours, 26 minutes
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 336
  1. #241
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,998
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

    Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Not really if mnk solo and 3 striking gear drop in turn 1-5 ?
    and you've prevented other people from getting any loot at all. What I mean is that if you average everyone out, every person gets roughly one item a week because there are 8 drops you'll see, and there's generally always 8 people.

  2. #242
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    950
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Persona Nongrata
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Whatever they do, they can't make it any worse.
    SE: http://litchicblog.files.wordpress.c...ng?w=300&h=235

  3. #243
    Old Odin
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6,197
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

    Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Whatever they do, they can't make it any worse.
    One item from Coil 1-9 per week. Bam.

    Though even if it is 1 per week 1-5 + 1 from 6-9, I'll be pretty stoked about being able to help people finally without resorting to alts.

  4. #244
    Professional Lurker
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,853
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    I agree, we just filled up the last couple spots for a 3rd group but it would have been nice to take people who were sitting outside. Another nice thing is now if somebody misses the day due to RL issues it's not going to be like, "Sorry dude, PUG it up!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Not really if mnk solo and 3 striking gear drop in turn 1-5 ?
    Poor example. That sucks that the MNK couldn't bank 3 items, but the other 7 didn't get fucked for the week, which has been the case for a while now for most people.

  5. #245
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by OWS_Tonx View Post
    That sucks that the MNK couldn't bank 3 items, but the other 7 didn't get fucked for the week, which has been the case for a while now for most people.
    That's stupid. Why wouldn't you want someone in your group to actually gear up rather than pass around loot they need to people who couldn't give a fuck? Hell, what if 3 MNK pieces did drop, the MNK main only got 1 so the rest of the pieces just went to waste. That's even worse than before.

  6. #246
    Piece of shit Bruins fan

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,520
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

    Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    One item from Coil 1-9 per week. Bam.
    And the chests only pop if you don't kill any Archaic Gears.

  7. #247
    Professional Lurker
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,853
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    I didn't explain mine in depth. I know I wouldn't prioritize getting MNK items if I had only one choice a week as I'm sure other people who aren't gearing their MNK at that time would too. What I meant was at least with 1 item/week people can choose what they want, were someone like me isn not gearing MNK didn't get anything this week. Not necessarily that the MNK should get everything. It's not an optimal situation either way, but I rather spam T1-5 and hold out for the item I want and not be like, "Well fuck, I guess I'm taking these MNK feet."

    EDIT: To be more clear, I disagree that it's worse. I rather everyone in my group get 1 item a week they want instead of one person only getting stacked and everyone just kinda taking whatever else falls to freelot. I understand that 3 MNK is not always going to drop, but I would rather people get what they want.

  8. #248
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    One item from Coil 1-9 per week. Bam.

    Though even if it is 1 per week 1-5 + 1 from 6-9, I'll be pretty stoked about being able to help people finally without resorting to alts.
    This x infinity. I mean, on one hand oh no, I can only get one drop from each coil 'phase (1-5/6-9) but being able to run it as much as I want to help people? Would be amazing.

  9. #249
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,653
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Deader2818 View Post
    Now, they said turns 1-5 on coil will no longer be weekly locked but they never said that it wouldnt be locked to one item per week.
    Considering the three new dungeons will likely drop slightly better gear than 1-5 (I'm guessing lvl 95 at this point and depending on slots obviously) I don't think that's gonna be the case.

  10. #250
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,799
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Theres almost no way new dungeons are gonna drop i95 gear.

    Edit: Woops, you meant the coil dungeons. Thought you meant the 3 HM dungeons >_>

  11. #251
    The Once and Future Wamoura
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    18,133
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

    prob gonna be 90 or 100

  12. #252
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9,710
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Considering the three new dungeons will likely drop slightly better gear than 1-5 (I'm guessing lvl 95 at this point and depending on slots obviously) I don't think that's gonna be the case.
    Coil drops i80 gear and is locked out one piece per week. Can't see why they wouldnt do that with coil 1-5.

  13. #253
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Quote Originally Posted by Deader2818 View Post
    Coil drops i80 gear
    Why would it drop 10 levels?

  14. #254
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,653
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Theres almost no way new dungeons are gonna drop i95 gear.

    Edit: Woops, you meant the coil dungeons. Thought you meant the 3 HM dungeons >_>
    I actually meant the three HM dungeons. What else are they gonna drop? 65? We have 55, 60, 70, 80 and 90 gear. Yoshida also said that the item level is going up with 2.2 which makes coil 1-5 easier to clear by default. They're either gonna drop ilvl 80 gear (why? I honestly can't find a reason for this) or something slightly stronger than Coil gear. He also said that Pharos is too hard compared to the items dropped and that Amdapor Township is going to be the hardest dungeon. I'm also expecting Leviathan to drop high level weapons, either on par or stronger than Allagan.
    This means: Coil> for high level players (obsolete when new turns are released); HM/AT> more casual players (only released when old Coil is no longer the hardest content). By making the new pieces lvl 95 they can still keep Allagan relevant as you won't drop certain pieces depending on stats.
    Or the new dungeons could simply drop only accessories and leave gear on tomestones but I don't see how the item level is going up if we have to wait at least 2-3 weeks for a new piece of gear from tomestones.

  15. #255
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,293
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Deader2818 View Post
    Coil drops i80 gear and is locked out one piece per week. Can't see why they wouldnt do that with coil 1-5.
    Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    Why would it drop 10 levels?
    Obviously meant CT.

  16. #256
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,300
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Pretty sure he explicitly said in one of those previous interviews I translated that the new item levels will go higher than 95.

  17. #257
    I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,262
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    I actually meant the three HM dungeons. What else are they gonna drop? 65? We have 55, 60, 70, 80 and 90 gear. Yoshida also said that the item level is going up with 2.2 which makes coil 1-5 easier to clear by default. They're either gonna drop ilvl 80 gear (why? I honestly can't find a reason for this) or something slightly stronger than Coil gear. He also said that Pharos is too hard compared to the items dropped and that Amdapor Township is going to be the hardest dungeon. I'm also expecting Leviathan to drop high level weapons, either on par or stronger than Allagan.
    This means: Coil> for high level players (obsolete when new turns are released); HM/AT> more casual players (only released when old Coil is no longer the hardest content). By making the new pieces lvl 95 they can still keep Allagan relevant as you won't drop certain pieces depending on stats.
    Or the new dungeons could simply drop only accessories and leave gear on tomestones but I don't see how the item level is going up if we have to wait at least 2-3 weeks for a new piece of gear from tomestones.
    And on that day, CT became more worthless.

  18. #258
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,300
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Here's the quote I was talking about, sounds like IL100 will be in 2.2, and also sounds like IL100 might remain the highest IL for a bit. Sounds right since the intent behind raising the Allagan weapons to 95 was to be a carrot on a stick getting people to do Coil, not a way to make players stronger.


    The level of adventurers currently caps out at 50, but come patch 2.1, the highest item level equipment will be 95. Will this difference remain at this level in the future?

    Yoshida: The item level will continue to go up while adventurers are capped at level 50. In patch 2.2 we plan to raise it by another step.

    So it's better to consider the item level and character level as completely separate things.

    Yoshida: For adventurers who reach level 50 later, they will be about 50 off from the highest item level, so it will be easier to compare adventurers to each other with the item level.

    The current highest level is Allagan weapons at 95, so it will still be increasing.

    Yoshida: Yes the difference is 45 from level 50; however, that's just based on the current situation.

  19. #259
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    753
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Nama Kemono
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Since they stated that until and expansion/level increase whatever is the highest set of Coil will be the hardest content in the game, I think its a safe assumption that ilv will increase every 2 major patches along side new coil turns.

  20. #260
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,653
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    I highly doubt we're only going to 100. Where is CT #2 supposed to go in that case?

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XI (12/14/2013)
    By Enygma55 in forum FFXIV: Official News and Information
    Replies: 189
    Last Post: 2013-12-16, 18:41
  2. Letter from the Producer LIVE Part IV (11/02/2012)
    By xopher in forum FFXIV: Official News and Information
    Replies: 538
    Last Post: 2012-11-25, 17:50
  3. Letter from the Producer LIVE Part III (09/06/2012)
    By Gokulo in forum FFXIV: Official News and Information
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 2012-09-11, 11:05
  4. Letter from the Producer LIVE Part II (10/25/2011)
    By Cayos in forum FFXIV: Official News and Information
    Replies: 234
    Last Post: 2011-11-04, 21:09