Sylph

I thought it was a new DLC for CoD.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    so it's a remake/remaster?
    Of what? There are lots of things named 'call of cthulu', including the original story. This seems to be a new game.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The assets in these screenshots are extremely similar to those used in Call of Cthulu: Dark Corners of the Earth.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Is the game actually gonna contain cthullu? Otherwise not interested lol

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    The assets in these screenshots are extremely similar to those used in Call of Cthulu: Dark Corners of the Earth.
    In that they both feature houses, books on shelves, and damp caves? I don't see any similarities between the graphic assets from dark corners and that concept art at all.

The developers don't seem to have any relation, and it would be pretty weird for second company to make a game called 'call of cthulhu' that isn't about call of cthulhu.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

The E3 trailer for Call of Cthulhu, the official video game adaptation of Chaosium's pen & paper RPG, rises from the depths. Developed for consoles and PC by Cyanide Studio in Paris, Call of Cthulhu will offer an RPG-Investigation title, packed with psychological horror and stealth mechanics. Cyanide Studio brings to life a disturbing world that players will have to explore and investigate while Cthulhu, the Great Dreamer, prepares its awakening. Today's E3 Trailer offers but a glimpse at all that awaits you.

In Call of Cthulhu, players will control Edward Pierce, a former veteran and private investigator in 1920s Boston. Pierce will be investigating the tragic and mysterious death of Sarah Hawkins and her family in Darkwater Island. The game's E3 Trailer showcases this disturbing Island and the eerie Hawkins Family Mansion, and gives a glimpse at how the intensity of the investigation will slowly start chipping away at your Sanity.

Insanity and the Cthulhu Mythos have long been entwined - as your investigation brings you closer to Cthulhu's sphere of influence, madness will progressively engulf your senses, leaving you to increasingly question what is real and what is illusory. They say that madness is the only way that can bring you to the truth and you will have to balance your sanity against your determination to discover it!

http://www.callofcthulhu-game.com/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Developed by seasoned studio Cyanide, Call of Cthulhu for consoles and PC is an RPG-Investigation game blending psychological horror and stealth mechanics, in a deeply immersive world with an oppressive atmosphere. Today ushers in a new trailer, depicting protagonist Pierce’s submersion into the depths of madness, as he investigates a mysterious death on Darkwater Island, Boston.

A Private Detective, Edward Pierce is a mission to find the truth behind the death of an acclaimed artist and her family on a backwater island. Pierce is used to trusting his instincts, but with whale mutilations and disappearing bodies, this is only the beginning as reality becomes skewed. As your investigation leads you closer to the sphere of influence of the Great Dreamer, you will start to doubt everything you see. You will have to find balance between your own sanity, and your determination in finding out what lurks in the shadows - as they say that madness is the only way that can bring you to the truth.

On a mission to find the truth behind the death of an acclaimed artist and her family on a backwater island, the player will soon uncover a more disturbing truth as the Great Dreamer, Cthulhu, prepares its awakening...

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

This has the potential to be really cool; most of my favorite horror movies are Lovecraftian, would be nice to see some well done horror video games in the same manner in the current generation.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Never got far in Dark Corners of Earth, but still, will gladly try anything Cthulhu related!

Somebody fix the title though

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Fixed

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

I really hope this turns out great, not just for the game itself, but because these folks are doing a World of Darkness (aka the vampire: the masquerade - bloodlines universe) Werewolf: The Apocalypse game next.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So this game finally has a release date - October 30, 2018. Just over 3 months out.

E3 trailer from this year:

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

First Hour w/ Commentary

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Launch trailer is out. Game releases Tuesday, October 30th.

I'm really looking forward to this one, but I can't help but wonder whose bright idea it was to launch four days after RDR2. I get wanting to release at Halloween, and this doesn't exactly have the same demographic than RDR2 does, but it's still going to get buried under an avalanche of cowboy hype. I would have launched it a few weeks ago. Going up against ACOdyssey isn't great either, but it's better than RDR2. Or maybe push it back into November, I dunno.

Edit: forgot about Black Ops 4 in early October. I would've pushed it back into November, I think. But what do I know?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Anybody try this?