1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 29 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 30 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 13 hours, 29 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 20 hours, 30 minutes
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 178
  1. #81
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,139
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Players can now zoom out and achieve an overhead view when locked on to large targets.
    This is huge to me, personally. Locking on makes moving to evade things situationally much easier, but I had to stop using it quite a long time ago because the way it locked your camera was horrible.

  2. #82
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Locking on makes dodging easier? First I've ever heard that. I thought it only made AA activation a sure thing.

  3. #83
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    403
    BG Level
    4

    No clue how Quick Synthesis is supposed to be better, 5/5 NQ toast when my stats are pretty much capped.

  4. #84
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,086
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Anyone else getting a weird message whenever they change job? Every time I change job, I get the message: "JOB(Lv. XX)" equipped, but materia could not be restored.

    BRD has nothing out of order, my under-50 jobs had no melds to begin with, my DoH accessories only show 4/5 of the melds they used to have, but my Craftsmanship and CP seem unchanged in the status menu, and the same with DoL jobs. It's really weird. I get the message changing to any job.

  5. #85
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,086
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSamuels View Post
    No clue how Quick Synthesis is supposed to be better, 5/5 NQ toast when my stats are pretty much capped.
    I bet it's more the random chance at breaking and item before, I shied away from it just b/c of that. Since I knew I could make materials them with 100% accuracy just by spamming Progress manually. Probably won't break anymore if you have enough Craftsmanship to 1-shot the materials.

  6. #86
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,399
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    Anyone else getting a weird message whenever they change job? Every time I change job, I get the message: "JOB(Lv. XX)" equipped, but materia could not be restored.

    BRD has nothing out of order, my under-50 jobs had no melds to begin with, my DoH accessories only show 4/5 of the melds they used to have, but my Craftsmanship and CP seem unchanged in the status menu, and the same with DoL jobs. It's really weird. I get the message changing to any job.
    I got this message this morning when I changed jobs. I updated my gear after changing and then.....forgot to check if that fixed that message lol. Was kind of in a hurry to leave for work.

  7. #87
    Old Odin
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6,197
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

    The gearsets from pre thisupdate didn't check materia, so it registers any item you had with materia as wanting to seek one that doesn't have materia. So it's just putting on any gear with the same name but different materia. Just need to refresh it to have it save anything you're wearing with materia on it. It's the same kind of "error" as wearing different colored gear.

    Materia.

  8. #88
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,998
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

    Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    Anyone else getting a weird message whenever they change job? Every time I change job, I get the message: "JOB(Lv. XX)" equipped, but materia could not be restored.

    BRD has nothing out of order, my under-50 jobs had no melds to begin with, my DoH accessories only show 4/5 of the melds they used to have, but my Craftsmanship and CP seem unchanged in the status menu, and the same with DoL jobs. It's really weird. I get the message changing to any job.
    Haven't logged in since patch, but I'm going to make a complete guess here.

    All of your pre 2.16 gearsets didn't include the materia data, so based on that, I think it's safe to assume that if you are wearing any equipment that DOES have materia on it (judging by your lodestone link, your wrists/neck are the culprit here), your gearset won't contain that data until you "reassign gearset".

    "Materia could not be restored" is a terrible translation, but it just means it couldn't find a piece of gear with the same materia on it (and all your pre-2.16 gearsets are going to have "no materia" for all gear).

    Dang, beaten.

  9. #89
    I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,268
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Locking on makes dodging easier? First I've ever heard that. I thought it only made AA activation a sure thing.
    The only thing I could see locking on be good for is to make sure you don't walk too far forward on Titan EX to get knocked forward instead of back (damn you Mr. Happy for saying to "really get up in there")

  10. #90
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,086
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    The gearsets from pre thisupdate didn't check materia, so it registers any item you had with materia as wanting to seek one that doesn't have materia. So it's just putting on any gear with the same name but different materia. Just need to refresh it to have it save anything you're wearing with materia on it. It's the same kind of "error" as wearing different colored gear.

    Materia.
    That makes sense for BRD, but what about DoH/DoL where the actual equipment only shows 4/5 of the materia they had before on-screen?

  11. #91
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,998
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

    Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    That makes sense for BRD, but what about DoH/DoL where the actual equipment only shows 4/5 of the materia they had before on-screen?
    Are you trying to say that you had materia disappear from your gear...?

  12. #92
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,086
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Disregard these posts, I need to stay off the weed....

  13. #93
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,139
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Locking on makes dodging easier? First I've ever heard that. I thought it only made AA activation a sure thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    The only thing I could see locking on be good for is to make sure you don't walk too far forward on Titan EX to get knocked forward instead of back (damn you Mr. Happy for saying to "really get up in there")
    It's situational, like I said. You move out of conal aoes faster (to match you need to adjust your camera to stay parallel to the arc while moving). And having a different paths of movement available gives you more options. The biggest thing is of course that you can move in 'complex' paths with only one finger making continuing attacks while moving much easier. Uninterrupted auto attacks while moving is also a nice plus, not sure how much that actually adds up to though.

    One of the reasons I didn't take monk up, besides it requiring constant effort, is that using lock-on to easily move between flank/back or evade while attacking completely ruined my ability to see my surroundings.

  14. #94
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,653
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    I'm reading that Twintania was nerfed with this patch.... anyone able to confirm?

  15. #95
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,852
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    People seem to be talking about this in Twintania thread.

  16. #96
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    There is nothing that you said that makes me think locking on is better than not. Conals are easy to dodge anyway, making it easier is like trying to make sugar sweeter. Different paths of movement, complex paths while attacking? The fuck are you talking about? If you're locking on for some reason other than paranoia about AA (which is also stupid) I guess you doing it wrong. I see nothing that lock-on adds beneficially other than AA consistency.

    And what job doesn't require constant effort? I didn't realise there were jobs where not doing stuff was fine.

    is that using lock-on to easily move between flank/back or evade while attacking completely ruined my ability to see my surroundings.
    Definitely doing it wrong. Turn auto-face on and be done with it.

  17. #97
    Hyperion Cross
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    8,919
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Do you know how this game works?
    I do but, I'm aware it doesn't reset with maint usually, but the obscene amount of people that are shouting/PFing to get it done before maint boggled me

  18. #98
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,139
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    There is nothing that you said that makes me think locking on is better than not. Conals are easy to dodge anyway, making it easier is like trying to make sugar sweeter. Different paths of movement, complex paths while attacking? The fuck are you talking about? If you're locking on for some reason other than paranoia about AA (which is also stupid) I guess you doing it wrong. I see nothing that lock-on adds beneficially other than AA consistency.
    Color me surprised that you don't see the benefits of options, lol. If you can't see how only having to hold 'a' to dodge an attack is easier than holding 'a', holding a mouse button, and moving the mouse, there's not much point in trying to explain the intricacies of situational movement options.

    And what job doesn't require constant effort? I didn't realise there were jobs where not doing stuff was fine.
    Monk takes more effort to play well than, say, bard. Especially on easier shit; the loss in effectiveness of playing a lazy monk is much more prominent than the loss in effectiveness of playing a lazy bard.

    Definitely doing it wrong. Turn auto-face on and be done with it.
    Turn on auto-face to... do what exactly? You're always facing the target while locked on.

  19. #99
    Professional Lurker
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,853
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    It's just preference. I personally don't care to play locked on even if I can now zoom my camera. And with Auto face on I'm guranteeing my auto attacks are hitting because everytime I que an action I'm facing the right direction

  20. #100
    And they're spectacular!
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    609
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Mitzy Mystfire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Titan

    Lock-on off + legacy movement + gamepad + camera zoomed out 100% = I see/dodge all the AOEs.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. All World Maintenance January 19th
    By Ratatapa in forum FFXIV: Official News and Information
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2012-01-18, 07:11
  2. All Worlds Maintenance (Feb. 17)
    By Hyan in forum FFXIV: Official News and Information
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 2011-02-17, 16:21
  3. All Worlds Maintenance (Feb. 2)
    By Hyan in forum FFXIV: Official News and Information
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 2011-02-02, 16:03