Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

If they do +1 Delve armor version, they better let augments carry over (they are static once maxed, shouldn't be a big problem) or else!

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Seol View Post
    If they do +1 Delve armor version, they better let augments carry over (they are static once maxed, shouldn't be a big problem) or else!
    I would actually prefer also new armor, that has different upgrade paths. like:
    Fast cast upgrade
    Haste upgrade
    Pet: Mab
    Critical Hit rate
    Critical Hit damage
    Evasion
    and more stuff

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    I would actually prefer also new armor, that has different upgrade paths. like:
    Fast cast upgrade
    Haste upgrade
    Pet: Mab
    Critical Hit rate
    Critical Hit damage

Evasion
    and more stuff
    This, please. My Ryu needs more crit rate/dmg. <,<

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Seol View Post
    Whichever way they go, I won't bother.
    Not like it takes a lot of effort to get those augments, it's just grind, you don't have to offer human sacrifices to the gods of RNGs.
    It would also bring the market of Airlixir back alive, and would make people have even more reasons to farm and spend Plasm, so I seriously doubt SE will allow it even if, this time, they probably could from a technical PoV.

I kinda liked the Delve sets. Plain, simple, limited, but also a great inventory saver and good overall average TP and WS pieces shared by multiple jobs.
    Was awesome for inventory purposes

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistrianna Galanodel
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I'd say it was worse for inventory purposes given the fact you could realistically have a use for all 3 augment paths on most armor >_>

Campaign
    BG Level

Not really, in the beginning they were R/E so you had to make a choice.
    I have 10 jobs and personally I don't think I ever felt the need of having different augments, at least on the melee sets. Can't remember about the Bokwus now hmmm
    I had some pieces enhanced to DEX at start and just swapped to STR after the skill on weapon change.
    I still use some Mani pieces in WS or TP because of the accuracy and attack levels, in spite of the low stats vomit.
    Take Mani for instance, I could use it on MNK, PUP, NIN, DNC, RUN. Whoaaa... so great.
    I remember my inventory during the first months of SoA, I had sooooo much free space :'(

Now you have to get individual pieces for each job, most of which have similar purposes/stats but are exclusive to a single job...
    With Delve+1 gear I wouldn't have to bother with those reforged AF/Relic anymore and would just get those which special (job specific) enhancements or some cool stat, and use Delve+1 for the "raw" shared stuff like WS, some TP etc.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistrianna Galanodel
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Looks like Delve II is in Yorcia [U] and will be including Kumhao along with the other 2.

Campaign
    BG Level

Uh... they posted 3 images of 3 bosses, didn't they say they would add only TWO new delve zones? This is kinda conflicting with what we've been speculating on the last pages (2 items from 2 bosses for body/legs relics, and blah blahblah).

They never said how many they'd add, I made a guess (and I guess people agreed) that they would only add 2 since that fit with how the Relic gets reforged. Pleasant surprise, I guess.

Campaign
    BG Level

Looking back at things in hindsight, I think they added 3 MB drops as requirements for Reforged Relic for a simple reason: giving people more reasons to spend their plasm pools.
    No clue what they're gonna do for body/legs at this point, but it seems a bit unlikely they will use 2 of the 3 new MB drops.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Think it's safe to say no one has any idea what they're planning. I know until we know more, I'm not dropping another dime on non-JA upgrading RF. It'd be borderline dumb for these Delves to drop anything less than 117 gear I'd think, and I only say 117 because most of the available 119 is still pretty trashy overall, with exceptions to some of the previous Delve 119s. Sure, massive +stats, but very little of it comes with worthwhile amounts of other stats we need. Kinda like how 113 Skirmish gear stayed relevant for so long, it still is too if you got good augs.

Very curious what they'll be doing with weapons from this zone. Easy enough to say they'll be 119, but every weapon has at least two 119 options, most have 3+ non-RME 119 options available already. Not trying to advocate or push for them to break the 119 barrier yet, but unless they really start expanding the quality we see in the weapons (think Tsuru from Shark), I dunno what options are left. Guess we'll see here in a few weeks. Almost wish they never even mentioned Delve til like a couple of days before the update, would stop many from wondering/theorizing about what's to come.

Gotta say I'm split on the whole plasm ordeal. Like most, I woulda hailed back to their post from awhile back stating they'd use a new type of plasm before a few weeks ago. But now, after adding some easy gil bait for the hoarders? idk.. Just know I'm holding onto any lixirs and plasm I get, not like it's worth much right now anyways.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Did not expect kumhau to hit the next delve iteration!

Eager to see how the WKR drops transition into the ilvl 119 versions. There is some great mage pieces to come ahead! and some nice weapons (GSW Bow, staff, club, axe, GAX, scythe). Still missing any form of normal Katana, its like they shafted NIN on purpose for delve drops.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

inb4 119 relic body takes yumcax+hurkan items, head uses kumhau

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Priran View Post
    inb4 you need yumcax for body hurkan for head, and kumha to get the new ilvl291021921 cap on your REM weapons!!! On a serious note it might be possible that kumhaus mat might be maybe used to upgrade Dynamis Relic Accessoires :X. wouldnt mind seeing some love to them

I was going to joke about accessories, but I doubt that will happen since they can't upgrade non ilevel slots too much if they want to be consistent. Accessories still have longevity since they don't get automatically outdated through lack of statvomit.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    I was going to joke about accessories, but I doubt that will happen since they can't upgrade non ilevel slots too much if they want to be consistent. Accessories still have longevity since they don't get automatically outdated through lack of statvomit.
    yeah but most relic accessoires are really horrible so an upgrade form 75 ---> 99 wouldnt be bad, with new stats to play on them. for example Argute belt going from MP+20 +5 INT +5 MND +2. macc +2. mdef ----> MP+50 INT +10 MND +10 M.acc +15 Mdef +5, MAB +10. And so on, of course jobs with a relic cape would most likely feel shafted.

Ollieyk

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/40488

[dev1186] Delve Additions
    Delve has been expanded to include veils in the following areas.
    Marjami Ravine
    Kamihr Drifts
    Yorcia Weald

Read on for the details on Delve.
    Pulling back the veil
    While veils will exist in the above areas, the battles themselves will take place in Yorcia Weald [U].
    * Enemies will differ depending on the area from which adventurers enter.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Priran View Post
    Please edit your post before someone from SE reads you and gets strange ideas >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Very curious what they'll be doing with weapons from this zone.
    I don't get what you mean.
    Stats-wise? I share your curiosity.
    But types of weapons? I don't understand the doubts, it's pretty obvious they'll be the same types dropped by the WKR version of those 3 guys.

Gotta say I'm split on the whole plasm ordeal.
    Yeah...
    I mean if someone asked me before they added those 300k mats I would have been sure on my answer (i.e. new type of currency for delve, unless they want to be utterly stupid), but now I'm not sure anymore.
    Especially if they keep the ilevel 119 for these new 3 zones.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    I don't get what you mean.
    Stats-wise? I share your curiosity.
    But types of weapons? I don't understand the doubts, it's pretty obvious they'll be the same types dropped by the WKR version of those 3 guys.
    Shoulda clarified. I meant the crafted weapons from mats. Delve v1 had them at 117, and that was cool, until RoE's came. And now we've got many options for every type of weapon, each weapon has 119 Skirmish, each has a Delve/AA/mission fight 119 drop, some even have 2. Getting 119 versions of the current WKR 115s is a gimme. But will they allow craftable versions of the weapons who aren't represented by an R/Ex drop? And if so, will they be ilvl 117 (read: more or less useless)?

Now that Delve v1 mats are used for RFR+1, those weapons won't be made anymore, besides a crafter who's desperate for a skill up. Seeing how we don't really have anything to assume other than their new mats will be used in the RFR+1 bodies and legs (in some fashion or another), the weapons would appear to be dead in the water before they even came to be. Unless they were 119s. And at that point, are AHable 119s okay? Maybe now that we're all (mostly) at ilvl 119, gear will begin to differentiate more. You'll have your Skirmish/RF/RFR geared 119s, and you'll have your super duper amazing Delve geared 119s. Seems to defeat the entire purpose behind the ilvl system, but other than taking that route, or going above 119, I dunno what they could do to entice us into content.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    inb4 you need yumcax for body hurkan for head, and kumha to get the new ilvl291021921 cap on your REM weapons!!! On a serious note it might be possible that kumhaus mat might be maybe used to upgrade Dynamis Relic Accessoires :X. wouldnt mind seeing some love to them
    They are most likely going to split up the three mats to upgrade all 44 pieces (22 jobs x head+body) so while one job might require hurkan and yumcax for head and body, another job might require yumcax and kumhau