wrong thread
nah it's 51
Thunder, Light and Dark storm spells are 51+, so SCH main only... (totes agree, gimps the weapon to almost unusable state... especially cause the 119 augmentable GS exists...)
Which is sad...
Kaquljaan? A godsend to RUN...
AA GS? Like a 119 Kaquljaan... but hideous.
Delve Kaquljaan? "wow! it makes up for Futhark having no refresh!!" *notices weather* "well... fuck."
Delve 2.0 is... REALLY gimmicky... in all the worst ways... >_> I have no idea why they decided to bring back super limited use weapons and gear that have inane latents with this update...
That's one thing I for one certainly don't miss from the 75era.
Any new info on Podarge?
Also, if I may be so humble to ask, whats a solid strat for pop Ircinraq?
Fought it like 10 times last night trying to get a bead to get LS mules clears
EVERY fight pld got 1shot by wail multiple times. Tried it in Ochain, 3.5k dmg. Tried it in Aegis, 3.5k dmg. I've found that you can tank it at 5.0 distance and run the instant you see it ready Wail. Its centered around it, so you can outrun it. The problem is, its faster than Apkallu's Shuffle, so you have to react immediately (and you're actually running out of range instead of just looking away), and hope you arent stuck in any animation lock (or use ja0).
Has anyone check to see if Ravenous Wail is breath damage?
One of the paladins in my linkshell always survives it for ~2100 damage, and he's got a pretty good DT/BDT set, better than the other paladins in my group that focus on DT/PDT, who always die to it. I was wondering if that was the difference.
And in Fracture, when you have PLD RNG RNG RNG BRD WHM...how come no ones dying to it? Theres no melee damage, theres no magic damage, but theres no stories of 4k wails in Fracture.
How much can you realistically get?
The only real BDT- pieces, unless theres some aug stuff:
Hrotti: BDT-10
Gobniu's Ring: BDT-2*
Dragon Ring: BDT-1*
Blood Scale Mail: BDT-11**
Bahamut's Hose: BDT-5
*Can be replaced by auged dark rings, I'm aware of this. Most people probably didnt keep BDT rings, unless they wound up on good PDT/MDT rings as well.
**Probably inferior to reforged AF+1/AF2+1, despite the 2/1% less DT, they offer substantial HP bonuses. Odin V2 body offers same DT, and higher HP as well.
The MDT Dark Rings apply to breath damage as well. In fact, every augmented MDT piece seemed to when I tested them.
If you wanted a simple way to test, use Elemental Sforzo. When tested here, I found breath spells to bypass Elemental Sforzo's nullification.
I thought the mdt on the dark rings also counted as bdt too?
If you combined dt and bdt you can use rinda shield for 5, I'll ignore weapon because not going to use a non ilvl weapon. Laeradr Helm for 8, twilight neck for 5, Cab. Surcoat +1 another 10, D ring for another 10, dark ring for another 5 or 10, Weard Mantle for another 3, Lieutenant's Sash for 2, Bahamut's Hose for 5. So 53 or 58 if you get 5mdt/bdt dark ring and my memory of both counting for bdt remains. So could take out the hose and sash and have a set that resembles a more normal dt tanking set still. Actually have we even tested if bdt has a cap... I wouldn't put it past SE to have overlooked it
Yeah I overlooked a couple, and I forgot that MDT on dark rings affect BDT as well. I'm human![]()
It's not much, but Wail is absolutely based on damage dealt in some way. Whether that means you have to balance damage types or just take it slow in general, I can't say, but damage drops down to single/double digits when I've had our rangers stop pummeling it for a minute or two
Balanced damage types worked for us. We cycled between ranged, melee, and magic, and would switch type when the TP moves started to do a lot. Every time, we'd see the damage drop, until it was <100 damage per TP move, then start to move back up.
It could be coincidence, but definitely worked on our run.