I ♥ you jake
I ♥ you jake
Carlos Gomez steals 2nd and 3rd off Yadier Molina in the top of the 12th, scored go-ahead run.
Yadier hadn't allowed 2 stolen bases IN A GAME since May 28th.
He then popped out to BRAUN to end the game.
Kyle Hendricks dealing again tonight to complete the sweep of the reds
Cubs: September champions
SOLER POWER
THEO
Ron Washington admits that having an affair was the personal matter that required him to step away from baseball.
God dammit, Cubs. You had one job...
that mark reynolds so good huh archi
Chris Davis ain't our 1b!!! STEVE "MVPEARCE" PEARCE of 5.9 WAR in 97 GP
Bengals have won 3 games since September 7th. Reds have won 4 in that same span
So I know this isnt the right place to discuss rules, but it seems like the most appropriate.
Situation: runner on 1st. Batter hits a liner down the line, and it strikes the base runner, while they're still on the bag, what happens? I've read anything from play is dead (without stating what happens), or the ball is live and in play.
If it's foul, dead play. If it would have been a fair ball and the batter gets drilled, he should be called out for interference.
Its interference if they're still on the bag? I get in MLB that they would be taking a lead, but I ask because this happened in one of my games yesterday where leading isnt allowed, and the ump allowed play to continue, and then after we got the ball and threw to second for the out, the ump just arbitrarily decides to award second base to the baserunner. We werent exactly pleased with how the ump came to this outcome since they made no call that the play was dead or anything until after the play was dead.
Frank Wren out with Atlanta.
I am okay with this.
OHHH YEAH, this ump was a fucking moron.
The team we were playing all game took liberties for extra bases when girls covering bags, since they werent the best fielders (OMG SEXIST COMMENT). From first, I went to cover home since there was potential for a play, and the runner tries taking home, SS beats him on the throw by a good 5 feet. Now, the rules state that the base runner, when running home, must cross home from behind the batters box area (in the interest of safety, since its usually male pitcher and female catcher). All season long we have been reminded of this, and people have been called out at home (even without any play at the plate) for failing to adhere to this rules.
The guy coming in from third changes direction, goes straight for the plate, dips his shoulder and bowls me over. Of course, cause I'm a boss, I held on to the ball. Ump called him safe and was going to let the game continue after this. My team didnt take too kindly to this, and charged in almost starting a brawl. One of the girls on the other team then shouts "Hey calm down, its only softball"...yeah, its only softball, whys this punk trying to tackle me to get home?t. When a defensive player has the ball and is waiting for the baserunner and the baserunner remains on
his feet and deliberately, with great force, crashes into the defensive player, the baserunner is declared
out. The ball is dead and all runners must return to the last base touched at the time of the collision
unless Rule 8, Sec. 8(j) or Rule 8, Sec. 8(s) applies.
NOTE I: If the act is determined to be flagrant, the offender shall be ejected.