The mets signed bobby abreu
The mets signed bobby abreu
CC looked about as useful as sprinkles on dog shit for the yanks last night. also holy cow our defense in the 1st inning was so bad. Bad throws from Beltran, Tex, and McCann and that didn't help cause he shoulda been out of that 1st inning before the HR. I think there was one play where Tex tried to come home for a force and air mailed the ball past McCann who ran back and got it and air mailed into left field trying to get someone else.... and both guys ended up scoring.
I try to look for a bright spot with my homer glasses and I found it. Dellin Betances back from tommy John surgery and hitting 99 on the gun mixing in some filthy off speed stuff. 6'8" 280 pounds so move over CC cause we got a new pig in town. LOL
Braves and Brewers made it to the 7th inning with no hits by either team. Chris Johnson HR for the win. Surprisingly strong performance from the Harangutang.
Woo Braves
Rays extend Archer for 6 years with two option years that will put his contract total to just above 40mil. Buys out all his arbitration and two years of free agency.
Very true. Rays have always kept a really young team and tend to perform really well with them. Maddon's management is something special.
If one's measure of being good is solely regular season wins then yes rays have been good since price and Longoria have been up.
Yeah unfortunately their youth/inexperience really shows when the playoffs come around.
Our guys definitely have been at their PED game longer. How can the Rays compete with that kind of experience?
I fucking hate Jonathon Papelbon. He's the most punchable athlete I've ever seen and he sucks now to boot.
Billy Hamilton gets a day off after going 0-season, gets a pinch run opportunity and is caught stealing. Bad jump + wet dirt = no speed
Roty
Walkoff grand slam by davis.
I have him on my bench today.
Sigh
Frustrating day at the ball park.
Great seats though (unsure how big that is so spoilered)
Spoiler: show
I watched the Rays strand every man they put on base today, which added up to 10 or 11 by the end. We had twice as many hits as the Rangers but couldn't bring any of our runners to the fucking plate. It's frustrating to watch. Pitching on both sides was good and defensively, no major issues, but offense ... again ... the Rays and their inconsistent offense strikes again. :/
Swept the defending WS champs in Boston.
Feels BRAUN man.