
Originally Posted by
Kyreth
And whether or not this lady flying on a plane triggers an outbreak is when we show that a microbial lifeform > 'MERICA.
I mean, think about it. A disease that took tainted needles, blood, or sex managed to cover all 50 states in the US inside of a decade- HIV. Ebola only has to end up in a few decent population clusters to do plentiful damage here. Heck, I work in mass transit. If there's a serious outbreak, I get a constant stream of international and national traffic going right by my counter 13 hours a day, 5 days a week. It's likely how I came down with whooping cough (doc nervous about anti-vaccers neglected to ask when my last PDT booster was- tooooo late), and needless to say the idea of laying dying in a puddle of my own hemmoraging fluids doesn't appeal.