1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 17 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 42 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 12 hours, 17 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 21 hours, 42 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: FFXIV Gardening     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

The reason why i used that language was because I generally fertilize around 4-5x a day and have not gotten increase seed yields. But my last 2 harvests were finished right before the patch (even though I did not harvest them until after the patch).

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

I'm confused, are you surprised by the fact he got 6 seeds from 8 beds? Or are you misinterpreting that he got 6 seeds from a single harvest on every bed?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tarubaby View Post
    I'm not Katlan, but my 7/8 Apricot Harvest was harvested after the 2.28 patch, was done with 4x prickly pineapple/4x honey lemon in grade 3 Thanalan, and was fertilized a shit ton.

I'm too much of a chicken atm to plant more glazenuts in yield soil to see how the yields on g5 seeds have changed; but maybe we'll see after my next bed of glazenut seeds is done in like 3-4 more days. I'm really hoping my tests with glazenut/donor plant combos yield what I'm hoping they do; will update when I have more info.
    May i ask what yours using as a donor plant? Royal Kukuru?

I'm currently doing 2 beds one makeing glazenuts, the other royal kukuru beans. I would assume to get more glazenut seeds, you would use one of the 2 seeds (the Higher Tier) to get additional glazenut donor seeds.

I've been fertilizing a shit ton as well. And i'm getting good seed yield, i'm going to be trying the shrould soil to see if I can get additional seeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    Did you fertilize a shit ton? I wonder if the patch changed this or not
    I fertilized every chance I had and went through about a stack of fertilizer.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

So, here is the deal, I'm thinking these plants grow up in stages, and it's most likely the last stage before gathering that does the inter-cross between plants. What I've been doing is catching up the plants that have a longer grow time to the plants with a shorter grow time by using fertilizer on only the ones that need catching up. this means the plants are adjacent for a longer period of time on the last phase before gathering, i'm hoping that this allows for more inter-crossing. I'm starting to believe that an inter-crossing percent happens every hour tick. so, having them around the same phase would allow more ticks, which should yield more inter-crossing between plants.

Even if inter-crossing isn't done on the last phase, this still means the plants are together longer during any of the growing phases.

Maybe this is crazy, i'll let you all know on my harvest.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Do Glazenut seeds give 12 nuts Taru?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    Mine haven't matured yet, so I'm not sure. I've only made seeds so far...however I've heard all g5 seeds are only 1 :/.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    I'm confused, are you surprised by the fact he got 6 seeds from 8 beds? Or are you misinterpreting that he got 6 seeds from a single harvest on every bed?
    Oh, I thought he got 6 seeds from a single bed. So yeah I misunderstood. Guess that is what happens when my brain is fried from studying for finals. My bad

Ryko's Full of Lies and Johns
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ryuu Akaneiro
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Dunemaul

Quote Originally Posted by Tarubaby View Post
    Mine haven't matured yet, so I'm not sure. I've only made seeds so far...however I've heard all g5 seeds are only 1 :/.
    Either you're right, or my luck sucks, or everything I touch dies because with shroud topsoil, I only got 1 jute from jute seeds and 1 rose from rose seeds.

):

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

g5 seeds are only 1 from what I've seen so far. Broombrush and Glazenut.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    Glazenut plant gives 1 glazenut; 0 seeds even with a ton of fertilizing. Happy planting!

Quote Originally Posted by Shalafi View Post
    I fertilized every chance I had and went through about a stack of fertilizer.
    I was wrong, I go through about 2 stacks of fertilizer per harvest.

Yes I got 6 seeds total from 8 beds (didn't get from 2), I didn't think that both plants could give the cross breed seed but it makes sense that they do.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I just finished my harvest, 7 bags of glazenut seeds.. incredible.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by marcux View Post
    I just finished my harvest, 7 bags of glazenut seeds.. incredible.
    Me too!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

just got awful luck on my royal kukuru seeds. Nothing from the honey lemon.. If the apricot dont't give any when they are ready later today I'm gonna be very sad

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

[QUOTE=Tarubaby;6093651]Me too!

Lol, same exact setup, with a ton of fertalizing!

Ok, so I got 7 star anise seeds out of my last harvest. My understanding is that 4 star anise plus 4 almonds will produce jute seeds. Can anyone confirm this? Just trying to be sure as I plant.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

yes, that is what I got Jute w/

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    yes, that is what I got Jute w/

Thank you for the last reply and being so quick. I have planted; I have been working with a FC member to collaborate on getting what we both want so being accurate is very important.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Shalafi View Post
    Thank you for the last reply and being so quick. I have planted; I have been working with a FC member to collaborate on getting what we both want so being accurate is very important.
    Tell me about it, I'm making pet materials for 4 ppl lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast