It had lasers later.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

and angry monkey doggos

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

One thing I didn't like was I saw it in 3D. Now I know a lot of people are going to say 3D is horrible blah blah. And yeah I mostly agree but I like to go to them to see if they manage to actually pull it off or at least have a few good 3D scenes and such. Most movies tend to have a least a scene or 2 where you actually appreciate it and a rare few are even what I'd say are worth it. Anyways for this film I think they forgot to put any 3D in it... like literally looked like a normal movie and 90% of the time it even looked exactly the same with the glasses off. If it wasn't for the fact that the previews definitely were I'd have thought the theater put the wrong film in

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    One thing I didn't like was I saw it in 3D. Now I know a lot of people are going to say 3D is horrible blah blah. And yeah I mostly agree but I like to go to them to see if they manage to actually pull it off or at least have a few good 3D scenes and such. Most movies tend to have a least a scene or 2 where you actually appreciate it and a rare few are even what I'd say are worth it. Anyways for this film I think they forgot to put any 3D in it... like literally looked like a normal movie and 90% of the time it even looked exactly the same with the glasses off. If it wasn't for the fact that the previews definitely were I'd have thought the theater put the wrong film in
    I kind of wished I didn't see it in 3d, there was so much camera twisting that I think the combination of the 2 started to make me sick.

But I do gotta say I loved this, and maybe more than the other 2.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trine Traverse
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Liked the first two movies a whole lot more than this shit. Maybe because it felt new?

The spacebattles and the Yorktown scenes were beautiful, but the rest was just blah.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I enjoyed it, but nowhere near as much as I should have.

I felt Idris Elba was completely underused. Mainly one-liners and short dialogues and really very little development as a villain.

Beastie Boys & Motorcycle scenes made me physically cringe, but I understand the need for them because children and stuff, but
    Spoiler: show
    Having an incredibly powerful enemy force defeated by nothing but blasting BB really loudly is a shitty way to write yourself out of a corner of making the enemy too strong, sorry.

It's a summer action movie and I'm not a big Star Trek fan so overall, whatever. I think I'd have been pretty annoyed if I was a die-hard fan though. As is it'll probably never, or at least very, very rarely, get a rewatch from me. I can watch the second one pretty regularly.

I stick my dick in Crayfish
    BG Level

Maybe the most pointless star trek ever made.

Didn't even feel like star trek. Felt like generic action thriller #1232, with some star trek gadgets.

Not a terrible movie, but just wasn't memorable for me at all. Loved the first two movies.

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    I felt Idris Elba was completely underused. Mainly one-liners and short dialogues and really very little development as a villain.
    Yeah this was another big missed opportunity for the movie. The concept of his character had all this potential that the writers chose to just leave unused on the shelf.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

I loved it, and the scene where the whole space station becomes an amp for Sabotage was amazing.

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

Not terrible, not good. Just meh. I didn't expect much from a FF director, didn't deliver much.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

BG Level

it wasn't bad.

I really liked it myself, and I wasn't a big fan of the last two. It's still an action movie (didn't expect anything else) but I thought this one was way more Trek than the last two, especially since it felt like the writers this time actually bothered watching more than just Star Trek II before picking up their pen.

Myr said I should dodge roll
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fiendish One
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Spoiler: show
    Having an incredibly powerful enemy force defeated by nothing but blasting BB really loudly is a shitty way to write yourself out of a corner of making the enemy too strong, sorry.
    I was almost ready to walk out at that point but figured what the hell I sat through this much of the movie already . . . .
    Had potential but to me fell flat.
    Nod to Nimoy was about the only real part I didn't dislike.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Fiendishone View Post
    I was almost ready to walk out at that point but figured what the hell I sat through this much of the movie already . . . .
    I didn't really have a problem with it but maybe they didn't explain that part too well/too fast because the music itself had nothing to do with the disruption. It was only really chosen for theatrics basically any signal would've worked

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Yeah, the music part was just for fun. Any sound/song would have worked, but why pay royalties on two songs when you already showcased an alien listening to a human song an hour ago?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Going again to see it in IMAX tonight. If nothing else, it was a pretty movie.