Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 415
  1. #281
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    342
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    That's...pretty impressive.

    Just tried just now on Normal on RDM, got it to 49% at 28 minutes <_<

    Stone2 was doing 582. I did find that you can kinda 'pin' it though. On the back end of the landmass, if you look at the tunnel and run left/right, he'll path strangely and never come within melee distance if you keep moving. Pretty much useless though if you don't have it gravity'ed since stopping to cast will give it time to get to you. I'm kind of annoyed.

  2. #282
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    22,443
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries
    1

    He would have gotten more out of TR if he had used it a little sooner, but bravo.

    Best part of the video is what's not in his buff line. Didn't eat food. I'm a little surprised he didn't pop a taco, but that really speaks to the uselessness of mage food.

  3. #283
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,109
    BG Level
    6

    Could've also rode strats quite a bit harder. Definitely some considerable room for improvement but still a very nice job.

    How comparable would ice lion staff with blizzard nukes be, or does it need to be nuked with water? Thinking in terms of a non-mythic sch as you'd probably need to make quite a few concessions to maintain enough macc.

    Also why do his waters jump from 800~ to 900~ part way through the fight. I couldn't see a reason for it.

  4. #284
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    22,443
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries
    1

    I was seeing from 600+ to 900+ and I also couldn't see a reason for it.

  5. #285
    First invited, last in the zone.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,448
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Every time NM uses (readies) Blazing Angon / Special Attack, nuke damage appears to cycle back and forth between the low and high value.


    I'd guess he either swaps between physical / magical modes or offensive / defensive modes.

  6. #286
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,379
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Best part is that he plays from the menu and types like I do. I always feel so alone!

  7. #287
    So hard we fuck rocks
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,043
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    Best part is that he plays from the menu and types like I do. I always feel so alone!
    No my friend, I play the same way on mage jobs lol. Only macro abilities for sch (and probably GEO)

  8. #288
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    646
    BG Level
    5

    VD title : Lancelord Divester. Easy fight, his MEVA is abnormally low for a VD fight, my BPs could hit for full damage with my normal Pet MAB set. Formless Strikes is ineffective, melees should /run.

  9. #289
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,529
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    What setup did you use?

  10. #290
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    646
    BG Level
    5

    PLD/RUN, PLD/RUN, MNK/RUN, WHM, BRD, SMN. 25 min win on our first try, the MNK died at a moment but we were never really in danger.
    The parser gave something like MNK 32%, Diabolos/Ramuh 28%, PLDs 20%. With double Unda and Rainstorm, Add effect can reach 87 damage. I lost a lot of time/damage doing Night Terror then Thunderstorm in MACC set before switching in full MAB and Astral Conduit wasn't even up.
    Burning Memories can reach over 5k dmg with 0 MDT and the Lancelord can reset hate > Burning Memories mages from a distance.
    I'll replace 1 PLD/RUN for 1 MNK/RUN the next time, 3 MNK/RUN could maybe work too.

  11. #291
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,065
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

    Consider DNC/RUN third DD?

  12. #292
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    23,594
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    So tried the run fight again... seems like he actually changes up which runes he uses making it hard to plan for. In fact it seems he choses what's strong against what you have. Ending up running out of mp this time and which ended up killing me with mob at 7% . so guess I will use meds then

  13. #293
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    22,443
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by shepardG View Post
    No my friend, I play the same way on mage jobs lol. Only macro abilities for sch (and probably GEO)
    This is also how I play, which is what made switching to Spellcast so miserable.

  14. #294
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    23,594
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    So after run fight I talked to octavien again (probably not necessary since no cs) he says to go to the orders master... talk to Gaddiux for a cs. Rewards you with lexeme blade. Talk to Runje. She wants a bztavian wing, rockfin fin, gabbrath horn (notice difference from geo) and 200 ghastly stones, and 500 pinches of high-purity bayld

  15. #295
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    23,594
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    So it seems sometimes if you buy a bunch of HP balyd from Runje she might be nice to you. Just bought 136 at once and she said "here's a little kickback fer bein' such a big spenderrrr." and then gave me 1 additional HP.

  16. #296
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,779
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    So it seems sometimes if you buy a bunch of HP balyd from Runje she might be nice to you. Just bought 136 at once and she said "here's a little kickback fer bein' such a big spenderrrr." and then gave me 1 additional HP.
    Had this as well. The breaking point seems to be 100 > 101. For the pre-quest of 100, I bought just 100 and received 100. Later that night I bought 101 (left me with enough bayld for a few WKRs) and received 102 with the same line you mentioned. Planning on saving up 2 mil+ to see if there's higher tiers or anything.

  17. #297
    HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    37,884
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    You can apparently get HQ bayld from Soul Pyres...and it wont mention theres HQ Bayld.

    I popped open a Pyre on my first attempt, at :35:42 (on my laptop, so the timing might be slightly different), and then I noticed this
    [00:40:55]Kehhiko obtains a pinch of high-purity bayld.

    There was no message of it going into my treasure pool, it was just there.

    I opened another Bayld Pyre on attempt 4 and got nothing. Both were 53 bayld pyres, so I dont think it matters.

  18. #298
    Campaign
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,633
    BG Level
    8

    Ungh, people still seriously bother with Pyres? Personally I found it so annoying I stopped using pyres/mummers glasses like... 1 month after SoA release.

  19. #299
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,615
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    You can apparently get HQ bayld from Soul Pyres...and it wont mention theres HQ Bayld.

    I popped open a Pyre on my first attempt, at :35:42 (on my laptop, so the timing might be slightly different), and then I noticed this
    [00:40:55]Kehhiko obtains a pinch of high-purity bayld.

    There was no message of it going into my treasure pool, it was just there.

    I opened another Bayld Pyre on attempt 4 and got nothing. Both were 53 bayld pyres, so I dont think it matters.
    I can confirm this. I was out in Ceizak goofing off killing Twitherym/Grasshoppers for the "Vermin" Timed Trial (RoE) and hit a Bayld pyre. Checked it, got it. Then I checked my inventory and saw that I had an extra HP Bayld there. I had 31 previously, and suddenly I had 32. I hadn't done any Colonization Reive prior to checking the Pyre. It was just.....there. Major "WTF" moment for me.

  20. #300
    Old Odin
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,198
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    opening pyres is the pure manifestation of bitchness. never bothered or will bother again unless they give some form of keys out that are easy to buy

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. .DAT Mining: 4/7/2014 Update - Findings and Discussion
    By Yugl in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 312
    Last Post: 2014-04-22, 06:18
  2. .DAT Mining: 3/17/2014 Update - Findings and Discussion
    By Cairthenn in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 171
    Last Post: 2014-03-25, 20:29
  3. Replies: 1005
    Last Post: 2013-04-12, 03:39
  4. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 2013-03-27, 13:17
  5. 12/12/12 Version Update - .DAT Mining Findings
    By Slycer in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2012-12-12, 14:33
  6. 9/24/12 Version Update - .DAT Mining Findings
    By Cairthenn in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2012-09-24, 14:53
  7. 07/23/2012 Update- Dat Mining Findings
    By Septimus in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2012-07-24, 01:58
  8. 6/13/12 Update - .DAT Mining Findings
    By Cairthenn in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 2012-06-14, 02:34