FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Sonic the Hedgehog (February 14, 2020) - Don't Watch It And Go Away

Producer Neal Moritz is working on a big-screen version of the $1 billion video game franchise, which is being written by Upright Citizens Brigade alums Evan Susser and Van Robichaux.

Sony and producer Neal Moritz are bringing the best-selling Sega video game Sonic the Hedgehog to the big screen.

The studio is teaming with Japan-based production company Marza Animation Planet, a division of the Sega Sammy Group, to make a hybrid computer-animated/live-action feature.

Upright Citizens Brigade alums Evan Susser and Van Robichaux are writing the screenplay, which will follow the antics of Sonic, the world's fastest hedgehog. The film will also feature some of the franchise's favorite characters including the evil Dr. Eggman.

Sony-based Moritz (22 Jump Street) is producing through his Original Film banner alongside Marza’s Takeshi Ito and Mie Onishi. Toby Ascher is executive producing.

For more than two decades, the billion-dollar Sonic franchise has been one of the world’s biggest gaming phenomena, with more than 140 million games sold.

"There are limitless stories to tell with a character like Sonic the Hedgehog and a built-in international fan base," Columbia Pictures president of production Hannah Minghella said. "Along with our wonderful creative partners at Marza, we're looking to capture everything that generations of fans know and love about Sonic while also growing his audience wider than ever before."

Added Marza CEO Masanao Maeda: "Sonic has had dozens of adventures on the console and the small screen, and we're thrilled that he's now coming to the big screen. Sony Pictures has had great success with hybrid animated and live-action features, and we're confident that this collaboration will bring a fresh take to Sonic, while still capturing everything that the fans love about him."

Sony's hybrid animated/live-action Smurfs has spawned two films to date.

Moritz is the producer behind the Fast & Furious franchise. He has a Goosebumps adaptation coming up for Sony on Aug. 7, 2015, starring Jack Black.

Minghella and Andrea Giannetti will oversee the Sonic project for the studio.

Susser and Robichaux's feature film screenplay, Chewie, was ranked No. 3 on the 2011 Black List. They are currently writing How to Grow Up, a series in development for CBS, and Fist Fight, a feature film with New Girl star Max Greenfield and producers Shawn Levy, Billy Rosenberg and Dan Cohen attached. They are also writing a live-action version of The Jetsons.
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...orks-at-710867

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

No, all my nos, please no, god no.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

to make a hybrid computer-animated/live-action feature.
    http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m42aij4dUW1rom4w3.gif

QQ

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

At least this will be sure to produce more cringe material..

Spoiler: show

Register to see the NSFW content[/NSFW]

For that matter, let's all play a game. Google your name with "the Hedgehog" after it.

Yep.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Might as well put a hedgehog on a hamster wheel and make the video stay on 32 times normal speed.

Pretty much got the entire plot right there.

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Cant wait to see live action hedgehog with CGI lips talking and running super fast. Shit will be epic!

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

We saw Quicksilver in X-Men and wanna do that for 2 hours straight with a cartoon rodent and his gay friend.

http://dmitrybrant.com/images/ignignokt0.png

I HOPE YOU CAN SEE THIS, CAUSE I'M NOPING AS HARD AS I CAN.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

If it's not based on the Archie comics world this isn't worth seeing.

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Save a buck and hire the voice actors from Sonic Boom. Noone is trying to make money here as is

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Hiryo View Post
    Save a buck and hire the voice actors from Sonic Boom. Noone is trying to make money here as is
    Or get Jaleel White (Steve Urkel) to voice Sonic like he did in the cartoon.

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

He's making that Sci-Fi money though lol (at least i think he's still there. good for him either way)

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Hiryo View Post
    He's making that Sci-Fi money though lol (at least i think he's still there. good for him either way)
    not doing it would be silly
    VA for the following
    > movie
    > video game of the movie (because we gettin that money from that 6 -14 demographic and these lil shits will buy anything)
    > commercial for the cereal cuz you know there's gotta be a gdamn sanic breakfast cereal for the kids to go fast. Tony the tiger VA died so the kids need somebody to look up to now.

somebody gotta pay me the green to be the blue.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post

The sad thing is I could bet everything this movie won't be better than Super Mario Bros and win.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Oh my god I completely forgot about the hedgehog kids. Holy shit I am rolling at that stuff. Amazing.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    Or just make a movie to conclude the only cartoon adaption that wasn't complete ass. Wishful thinking I know, but damn I hate cliffhanger endings.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by Kang View Post
    If it's not based on the Archie comics world this isn't worth seeing.
    ^Fucking this. I had them from issue one until the Dreamcast days. Wish I had taken care of my collection.

Not sure if this movie can damage the franchise anymore than Lost World, or the upcoming Sonic Boom.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Sonic the Hedgehog (2018)

Sonic the Hedgehog Movie Dated for 2018![/url]

In summer 2014, Sony Pictures Entertainment and SEGA SAMMY Group’s animation wing, Marza Animation Planet, announced a partnership to develop a film based on the iconic Sonic the Hedgehog video game franchise. Now, a new interview with SEGA CEO Hajime Satomi at Worldfolio (via io9) confirms that the project is not only still in the wings but on a fast-paced trajectory for a 2018 opening.

“Sega Sammy Group is currently planning with Sony Pictures to create a live-action and animation hybrid ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ movie scheduled for release in 2018,” Satomi confirmed. “Like with this CG animation production, we would like to expand our business into other entertainment areas beyond what we are currently involved.”

The film will look to capture Sonic’’s irreverent tone and spirit, reuniting him with some of the most revered and infamous characters of the franchise, including the evil Dr. Eggman. Playful, mischievous, and quick on his feet in more ways than one, the world’’s fastest hedgehog is known for his ability to move at supersonic speed to protect his friends from their enemies. For more than two decades, Sonic has been one of the world’’s biggest gaming icons and a $1 billion franchise with more than 140 million games sold.

Sonic previously headline several animated series starting with 1993’s “Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog” as well as making an authorized cameo appearance in the Disney hit Wreck-It Ralph.

A hybrid CG-animated/live-action feature, the movie will be written by Evan Susser and Van Robichaux and produced by Neal H. Moritz through his Original Film banner, along with Marza’s Takeshi Ito and Mie Onishi. Toby Ascher will serve as an executive producer.
    http://www.polygon.com/2016/2/10/109...m-release-date

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

So, just to clarify, as I don't understand the article completely, is this getting a live actor to play as Sonic, or is it going to be receiving a Roger Rabbit movie style treatment?

(Which would go horribly wrong for all the reason that Sonic X exists with Chris)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast