+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy Explorers     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

pfff, I started in windfirst. I'm not even sure I've ever even killed bubbly bernie, heh.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by chiyio View Post
    I'm not even sure I've ever even killed bubbly bernie, heh.
    You played the game wrong, sorry fam.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Game is okay so far. Probably will get bored sooner rather than later but enjoying it for what it is for now.

Bacon
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

This game just seems to be hitting all the right buttons for me. Haven't put it down since I've gotten it. I think there's juuuuust enough variety in the jobs that keeps me interested. The skill upgrade system is really fun too. You really have a lot of avenues to make custom setups/builds.

I will say that I hope they release more challenging content as DLC at some point.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I think we have all the JP DLC already, and JP doesn't seem to get more DLC so dunno

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Guess I gotta hoard a shit load of items to unlock samurai

welp

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Galois Evariste
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    Guess I gotta hoard a shit load of items to unlock samurai

welp
    Same here. It's the only job I haven't unlocked and it feels like a crazy long time until I'll get it. I think I'm at around 110 unique items so far and I've exhausted my crafting items. Time to farm in free roam for a while.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

We have a discord group? Would be nice to actually communicate w/ the people I'm playing with

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

so I know you can rename Abilities but is it possible to rename weapons and armor?

Edit: Probably not i guess.

Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I haven't seen the option anywhere.

It seemed odd that starting with 4 Star missions monsters just started to drop all sorts of new items. The story of the game itself could be a little better, but I knew what I was getting in to. These games aren't usually about a story, and more about quests anyways.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Email comes in saying that the collectors edition is back in stock > click provided link to finish order > out of stock.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Makwa Ironwill
    FFXIV Server
    Brynhildr
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Game is fun for what it is, now I bring my 3ds with when I go visit friends and we do co-op. He ended up healing and I ended up tanking even though we both wanted to do other roles.
    7/10 wish it was cheaper

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Been enjoying the game so far, more than I thought I would. Once you make a decent Absorb AP/HP Thief Anklet, the gameplay becomes much more fun due to the fact you don't have to worry about AP issues/management anymore, then once you start adding links to skills and making combos off them, further makes the game more enjoyable, IMO.

I still find there to be some variety in playing different jobs still, due to different mutations working better on certain jobs, and then different skills or spells working better as well, on top of that, the load out cost can change things up as well, good example of this for me: I prefer to use sword on dark knight, however, I don't get the loadout reduction, so the preferred 5(or 4) skill combo I want to do wouldn't work too well on DRK due to the loadout limitation, whereas it would work perfectly on Knight and Paladin due to the loadout reduction. The sword skills(mutations mainly), I have for DRK may not work out as well for Knight or Paladin for example. Sure, they'll work fine, but it wouldn't be as efficient if I built mutations more catered towards Knight or Paladin instead.

But I suppose it just boils down to playstyle and how much you want to set each job up differently regarding mutations. While I would love there to be bit more uniqueness to jobs, I find there's just enough as is due to different mutation setups on jobs, and some of the jobs unique trait/passive/skill adds some nice variety as well.

In terms of difficulty, can increase HP and DMG that enemies do, up to 6x I think, and this is something worth adding for better drops, increasing the difficulty by adding additional options to quests yield better rewards. Eventually it'll get to the point where just regular enemies can one or two shot you, and ofc anything a boss do will one shot of course. The HP(and damage maybe?), scales even further when playing online, the more players, the more it scales. Even when you know what you're doing, one little mistake makes it easy to die, and since the no revival option adds 2 stars compared to usual 1 for most options, its also nice to have for the better drops as well. This will encourage not to make mistakes even further.

After playing online quite a bit, often times people will still die due to mistakes and whatnot, this is moreso aimed at the better players, whereas the average/bad players struggle with Omega alot which is funny as you have to actually pay even more attention when fighting Omega.

Oh, and depending on what weapon or job you're playing determines if things become easier or harder as well(LOLOPASFUCKDEFLECTFORSWORDTOOGODLIKE).

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    Once you make a decent Absorb AP/HP Thief Anklet
    You just need to keep making them until a good one drops right - no special tricks?

This game is way more fun than you'd think reading the last page of this thread.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Yeah, farming Atmaliths is really easy on Beastmaster. I had all the other materials for anklets and started playing as Beastmaster to quickly get the atmalith for it.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

The only thing you do that's special is simply save-scum it. Make some till out of mats, if you don't roll a good one just quit out and restart the game. Gonna require some patience unless you get lucky.

You basically wanna try for absorb hp5/absorb AP5 at the least. But if you roll something like Absorb HP4, and Absorb AP 6, I'd probably just stick with that one for now, and if you desire a better one, its easy to make.

I rolled 2, my first one came out as Absorb HP6, and Absorb AP 8. My 2nd one rolled +9 on both. First one took roughly 400 crafts, whereas 2nd took upwards of 1500ish.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Just got this game, really fun so far. I'm only playing BLM so far, anything I need to know? Looking at this last page it says to get Absorb hp/mp.. whats that do on equipment? Does it give absorb to all spells or just boost drain/siphon?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Absorb HP/MP on equipment grants that effect to everything (except maybe DoTs). Normal attacks, spells, and abilities all drain some % of the damage they dealt.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Been working on my BLM in this game.. what are good skills to put on armors/weapon? Or rather, what is the best armor+weapon and skills for end game sort of situations? I know higher level magic pretty much spams link with good damage mutations. I also already have a good (6hp/9ap) anklet so I'm set with that.

That is, if anyone still even plays? I feel like there's so many jobs and not a lot of information on what is best for most of them.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I haven't played around with many mage jobs at the moment. I would think a good tank pet would help keeping monsters off of you later on.

I mastered Knight, Paladin, Dragoon, Beastmaster and Samurai. I'm using Ninja at the moment, but I don't have any linked skills and the damage of my weapons seems pretty low.