
Originally Posted by
Toth
I hate to say this but I do think FFXI just plain does endgame better. Many of the big activities (Salvage, Legion, Voidwatch, and Delve I) remain popular because they all contribute to your growth as a character. Yes, Salvage, Legion, and Voidwatch gear is largely outdated (but not all!), there remains reasons to do all of these zones: alex, HMPs and Nm specific drops for relic armor upgrades, Meteor/Arise, etc. Delve I still offers items to upgrade delve II gear as well as always useful boss drops. I feel you can do any of those above activities and make progress. In FFXIV, its either spam x dungeon for tomes (gets boring really fast) or go for gear in a weekly lockout system. FFXIV really should have incentives for older dungeons besides tomes: mainly random atma drops for clearing hardmode dungeons, oils and sands (very low droprate) for older dungeons, and unidentified tombstones for trial spams.