1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 3 hours, 45 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 20 hours, 14 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 20 hours, 45 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 2 days, 13 hours, 14 minutes
Page 45 of 65 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast
Results 881 to 900 of 1290

Thread: Fan Fest 2014     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #881
    Piece of shit Bruins fan

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,520
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

    Quote Originally Posted by Seha View Post
    You all got the hint wrong, new job is not dark knight, it's superhero!
    Think Dragon Quest.

    Joker = Goof-off/Jester.

    (uses Bard gear)

  2. #882
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,300
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by Enygma55 View Post
    Im kinda sad I didnt make it into vegas on friday. The reception looked like a blast.
    The highlight video of the reception event made it look way, way, way, way (way, way, way) cooler than it actually was. Yoshida was only there for a few minutes in the beginning before most people even got inside, so the only sorta cool thing there was the Garuda model, and she got outshone by the Garuda cos player that won the event on Sunday. I kinda regretted waiting so long to get in since it was the first night and first time I'd been in Vegas - you didn't miss out imo. The camera and editing crew did a good job making it look cool, though.

    Also, there was hardly any registration line on Saturday and they were at least 90 minutes all day Friday (apparently over 3 hours earlier in the day).

  3. #883
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,379
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Yoshi actually came back right before it ended. AFAIK he hung out taking pictures with people for a few minutes right inside the pool area, but I left after 5-10, so I don't know if he stayed beyond that. At the time only 10-15 people had noticed and swarmed him, lol

  4. #884
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,300
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Oh, lame. Well I bumped into him clueless in the airport before going through security yesterday, nobody else was around. He was only with one other guy I didn't recognize and on his way to London, they were trying to figure out which security checkpoint to use. I heard from someone else he got mobbed by some folks later on in the terminal.

  5. #885
    Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,236
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

    Quote Originally Posted by Slycer View Post
    The highlight video of the reception event made it look way, way, way, way (way, way, way) cooler than it actually was. Yoshida was only there for a few minutes in the beginning before most people even got inside, so the only sorta cool thing there was the Garuda model, and she got outshone by the Garuda cos player that won the event on Sunday. I kinda regretted waiting so long to get in since it was the first night and first time I'd been in Vegas - you didn't miss out imo. The camera and editing crew did a good job making it look cool, though.

    Also, there was hardly any registration line on Saturday and they were at least 90 minutes all day Friday (apparently over 3 hours earlier in the day).
    No, Yoshida came back around when the reception was going to end. We actually got an Ultros server picture with him. Someone bought him a beer and he chugged it. Was pretty funny. We were all chanting "Chug! Chug!". Come to think of it, this weekend was filled with an awful lot of chanting.

  6. #886
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,300
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    No, Yoshida came back around when the reception was going to end. We actually got an Ultros server picture with him.
    It's lame that he didn't stick around the whole time... I mean, what else was he doing? Waited like 45 minutes to get into that stupid thing and after we got in it was just a bunch of people standing around drinking (mostly not drinking, actually) with some music playing too quietly - bailed after like 20 minutes. Maybe I was just in a grumpy mood after waiting forever and one of the staff coming back past the line and telling us there was "no guarantee we were getting in" because it was at capacity like 50 people ahead of where we were in line (meanwhile, they never stopped letting people in that I could see). I really enjoyed the rest of the event though, lines and all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    Come to think of it, this weekend was filled with an awful lot of chanting.
    Ashley! Ashley! Ashley!.... (who was she anyway? lol)

  7. #887
    Sho
    Sho is offline
    YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    11,975
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Soooo... I pre-ordered the Art of Eorzea Book (Amazon JP). And it was charged to my credit card on the 17th during the beginning of Fan Fest. On the 19th, they charged it back, but sent the book. So I basically got the artbook for free, lel.

    Book looks awesome btw. Comes in a hard-plastic sleeve and everything (though the back of mine is mucked up from transit from the Japans. )

    There's really no art in the book that will give away anything on Ninja or any other new job, it's all dated from Vanilla 2.3 it seems.

  8. #888
    The Once and Future Wamoura
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    18,133
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

    Wasn't there a signing session during the reception? I don't remember lol

  9. #889
    Sho
    Sho is offline
    YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    11,975
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    Wasn't there a signing session during the reception? I don't remember lol
    Dunno, wasn't there. Can't be a Fan Fest without it having signing sessions. Even if they didn't, I remember Bayohne saying on OF that the entire dev team would be willing to sign people's stuff if they could be caught on the floor, however (that's what those blank sheets are for in your Fan Fest kit, apparently.

    I'm fo sho gonna go next year if it happens.

  10. #890
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,300
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    I didn't see anyone signing anything during the reception, but like I said I was only there for 20-30 minutes right in the middle of it before my party vote abandoned. I don't know if there were any Yoshida signing sessions besides the VIP one, and I didn't see Soken around either, but I saw Gondai around signing things a couple of times.

  11. #891
    True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,740
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Ashry btw was the girl that sang Ramuh with THE PRIMALS... WE PRAY PRIMAL SONGS

  12. #892
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,300
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by Omniyoji View Post
    Ashry btw was the girl that sang Ramuh with THE PRIMALS... WE SING PRIMAL SONGS
    Oh, yeah, I know that - I just meant like who is she really? She's definitely not the real singer for the Ramuh song so I was just wondering how she got involved. I like how the audience cheered her back out for the Leviathan encore and she was like "I don't know that one..." and just danced while Soken belted it out again, lol. wtf @ no Shiva btw, that was kind of a letdown.

    Also, next fan fest we need to find Koji Fox and buy him a drink - he's the man.

  13. #893
    The Once and Future Wamoura
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    18,133
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

    Quote Originally Posted by Slycer View Post
    I didn't see anyone signing anything during the reception, but like I said I was only there for 20-30 minutes right in the middle of it before my party vote abandoned. I don't know if there were any Yoshida signing sessions besides the VIP one, and I didn't see Soken around either, but I saw Gondai around signing things a couple of times.
    I meant there were 2 VIP sessions on Friday and 2 on Saturday then an extra one on Sunday.

    Friday, October 17, 2014: 6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
    Friday, October 17, 2014: 7:45 p.m. - 8:45 p.m.
    While the Reception was Friday 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. so yeah, he wasn't there 90% of the time because he was with VIPs lol

  14. #894
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Aside from the VIP signing sessions, they rarely were on the floor because they get swarmed. We did manage to corner Soken in the hallway as he tried to sneak out during the Live Letter. He wanted to sign his Music Panel page in the book, fuck the autographs pages.

  15. #895
    Sho
    Sho is offline
    YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    11,975
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Spoiler: show




    Has nothing to do with art book, but it's in the Eorzea Glamour Guide (Also by SE MOOK):

    Spoiler: show


    Don't mind the NES cartridge in the background, I have a secret obsession with collecting NES games. :kappa:

  16. #896
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    446
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Alistrianna Galanodel
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

    You got the Batman shirt thing all wrong! Batman is a Ninja.

  17. #897
    The Once and Future Wamoura
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    18,133
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

    Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    Aside from the VIP signing sessions, they rarely were on the floor because they get swarmed. We did manage to corner Soken in the hallway as he tried to sneak out during the Live Letter. He wanted to sign his Music Panel page in the book, fuck the autographs pages.
    In the mornings KojiFox and Yoshida were on the floor, at least Sunday. Foxclon was always hanging about, and before the Primals concert Gondai, Foxclon and some other guy idk (he signed the tag with a moogle?) were hanging out in the back of the area.

  18. #898
    Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,236
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

    I don't know if he was signing during the reception but he certainly was taking A LOT of pictures. We got one with everyone from Ultros who was at the reception. Also apparently if you didn't want a cosplay picture you could skip the line and head right in. Wish I knew that before I got in.

  19. #899
    The Once and Future Wamoura
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    18,133
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

    Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    I don't know if he was signing during the reception but he certainly was taking A LOT of pictures. We got one with everyone from Ultros who was at the reception. Also apparently if you didn't want a cosplay picture you could skip the line and head right in. Wish I knew that before I got in.
    Oh yes, I did that immediately lol. But the times I quoted earlier are from the VIP E-mails, he was scheduled to sign during the reception sooo

  20. #900
    Black Mage
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,218
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Chrian Kywind
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

    I beat odin and got a t-shirt to prove it!


Page 45 of 65 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast