+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition (PC/Mac/Linux/PS4/XB1)

I've always had a sympathy towards these Belgian guys, Larian Studios. Their previous games, Divine Divinity and Beyond Divinity were probably one of the best Diablo clones out there.

Now their Kickstarter project is complete, Original Sin is out on Steam. Not many reviews out there but mmorpg.com gave it a 82, and almost all previews are positive.

I went ahead and bought it. Really loving it so far. Impressive graphics, old-school turn based combat, and the overall adventure feeling that divinity games always managed to deliver.

It is also very non-linear for its genre.

<redacted>

http://www.divinityoriginalsin.com/

Edit: Thanks for the link fix, wow didn't know about lawyer stuff. I'll keep an eye on those.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

A solid, fun game. There is now also a mod out that allows for 4 player campaign mode play. I'm not sure if they still have the deal on steam where you can purchase two copies for 31 dollars or if that was just for early access promotion, but it's definitely worth retail price and a great game to play with friends.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Loving the absolute shit outta the game. Made a Cleric and switched some abilities/skills up. She's pretty much a Paladin. Then I planned on making a ranged/rogue type, someone who can be my stealer/lockpicker but I fucked up some initial points. I wanted him to be ranged then use the skill that makes you invisible and go on a backstabbing spree, which, doesn't go as I imagine. I end up wasting so many turns going invis and getting in backstab range even though backstab is really strong I should've just kept him all ranged because arrows are really strong/good support.

A little tip too, in order to increase some skills up to rank 2, you need 2 skills points, then rank 3 is 3 skill points etc. I had no idea and was wondering why I couldn't increase my man-at-arms skills up or anything like that.

Funny battle I had, came across about 5 skeletons one of which was a suicider. There was a poison cloud in the way and some fire on the ground but I thought since I had that rush move it would avoid all that. Nope, she jets through ALL of it and nearly kills herself before hitting him, she hits him he blows up killing her. Then a skelly archer shoots a poison cloud arrow at my group and poisons em all, then the next skelly shoots an explosive arrow which interacts with the poison cloud causing a fuckexplosion killing the rest of my group. Just had this look on my face of "WTF JUST HAPPENED!"

the interaction with everything is so fucking awesome. You can electrify blood on the ground to stun people, freeze water to make people slip, cause a steamcloud with water and fire, then electrify the steam to make a stun cloud. Blow up poison clouds. Really clever shit

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

This game is the shit. Been a while since I've gotten this into an RPG. I didn't buy it at first, but they really do deliver on the tactical combat. You really just can't get through even regular enemies w/out a decent strategy. I love how you can lose pretty much any fight if you fuck up.

Started with a Knight+Cleric party the first time and got destroyed by the fire+poison archer shit, lol. Restarted, this time around going with Ranger+Mage with Mage+Knight companions, speccing the Knight for tanking instead of damage. Doing way better now that I actually have some crowd control, but some boss fights have still been really close (fucking battlemages!)

For anyone starting: put 1 or 2 points into sneaking on one of your two main characters, rob every house in town as soon as you get there. Selling plates, cups and paintings makes obscene amounts of money early on.

Also, invest in crafting. You can make so much shit with the random loot you find lying around if you have a few points into crafting skills. The game isn't great about making it easy to see what you can make, so I've been using the reddit thread on crafting as a reference.

Edit: Also, dat combat music

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Reviews are starting to come in as well, currently game is cruising at 86 metascore especially after very high Eurogamer reviews. I am extremely pleased with the game as well and would like to recommend it once again.

Funny battle I had, came across about 5 skeletons one of which was a suicider. There was a poison cloud in the way and some fire on the ground but I thought since I had that rush move it would avoid all that. Nope, she jets through ALL of it and nearly kills herself before hitting him, she hits him he blows up killing her. Then a skelly archer shoots a poison cloud arrow at my group and poisons em all, then the next skelly shoots an explosive arrow which interacts with the poison cloud causing a fuckexplosion killing the rest of my group. Just had this look on my face of "WTF JUST HAPPENED!"
    Yeah, environment control is not an option and the game teaches you the hard way for sure

Started with a Knight+Cleric party the first time and got destroyed by the fire+poison archer shit, lol. Restarted, this time around going with Ranger+Mage with Mage+Knight companions, speccing the Knight for tanking instead of damage. Doing way better now that I actually have some crowd control, but some boss fights have still been really close (fucking battlemages!)
    I couldn't resist my Paladin + Ranger temptation and started off with it. Although lack of a mage may not sound ideal, I am doing pretty good so far.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

More reviews are in, being considered as one of the best rpg's in recent years. After spending more and more time with it I can safely say that this is one of the most creativity-demanding RPGs I've ever played.

Personality and relationship system is also amazing, every decision matters here and for the first time I've seen a system that they play such an impact.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Has anyone come out with a mod to increase movement speed around the world? Characters moving like snails is my only real complaint with the game.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I don't have time or friends to play this with. Is it worth going solo?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

yes

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    I don't have time or friends to play this with. Is it worth going solo?
    You can roleplay with yourself. I found that bit annoying though and made my partner Loyal with me (he'll agree with decision I make in conversations)

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

I bought this game a bit ago and have been playing it with my girlfriend. It is seriously one of the best rpgs I have played in I don't know how long. I keep finding myself playing until 3am and getting up for work at 8am. 10/10 would recommend.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Has anyone come out with a mod to increase movement speed around the world? Characters moving like snails is my only real complaint with the game.
    If anyone was interested in this, here's a link - http://files.bluegartr.com/fe8b36519...8153e5bdf5.zip

Just drag and drop the files into the game folder, it increases movement speed by around 30%. You'll have to start a new game to use it, or go thru the process explained here - http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthre...472#Post517472

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Hell yeah.

Hello Everyone!

Today we are very excited to announce Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition for PS4 and Xbox One as well as PC, Mac, SteamOS and Linux. This isn't just some patch or minor content update to the game you all know and (hopefully) love; it's a whole new experience! With controller support, local co-op with split screen, fully voiced characters, a totally reworked story (with a brand new ending), and much more, we're very proud to finally be able to share what we've crafted here at Larian.

In the update video below, Swen reveals a little more about the fantastic new features you can look forward to in Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition.

We've also included controller support on PC, so now you can kick back and explore Rivellon from the comfort of your sofa with Steam's Big Picture. We've put a lot of effort into streamlining the experience and have designed a slick, new UI that makes playing with a controller just as intuitive and fun as playing with mouse and keyboard.

As well as local co-op, split screen and controller support, the Enhanced Edition also features:

All characters are now fully voiced by AAA-voice actors
    New quests, new characters, and new content
    Entirely new gameplay modes and character builds
    A heavily rewritten story with a brand new ending
    Massively reworked visuals and sound effects
    And much more to be announced in the coming months!

A Gift For Our Fans

In appreciation of all the fans who helped make Divinity: Original Sin the success that it was, the Enhanced Edition will be completely free to everyone who owns Original Sin. This is a reflection of our immense gratitude to all of you. We deeply appreciate your support, and the feedback we received from you helped us create and polish this game into something that we're extremely proud of.

A Whole New Game

Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition is a completely separate game: not an update to Divinity: Original Sin. Both games will remain available on PC and Mac, and it is important to note that they are totally different entities, so if you've already bought Original Sin you'll see separate listings for Divinity: Original Sin and Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition in your Steam Library. This means that saved games can't be transferred from Divinity: Original Sin to the Enhanced Edition. This is largely because of the technical changes we've made to how the game looks and feels, but the story has also been rewritten so heavily that most saved games would no longer be compatible with the plot. (After all, it wouldn't make sense to load a game in which you're halfway through a quest line that's been replaced with something different.)

From the very first day of production, we designed the Enhanced Edition to be optimized for DirectX 11 graphics. For our Windows players, this means that Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition will require a 64-bit system and a graphics card with DirectX 11 hardware support. However, both editions of the game will remain available to everyone on Steam, so Windows players with 32-bit systems and DirectX 9 will always be able to play Divinity: Original Sin.

When Can We Play?

As Swen says: "When? When it's ready!" We are committed to giving you the best possible experience and we will not compromise on quality, so it's going to take as long as it'll take. But watch this space, the release date is coming soon!

Are You Ready For E3?

We are! At E3 we'll be sharing much more about Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition's features and gameplay, including the much-anticipated new modes of play.

More background?

Then check out Swen’s blog. He talks about how we came to make the Enhanced Edition and why it’s such an important part of our future plans. In the mean time, if you want more about what we're up to, check out our forums, and follow us on Twitter, Facebook or YouTube.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I played through D:OS 3 times and loved every minute of it, I'll do it again! Fuck yeah!

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Totally. This announcement made me very happy. I will playthrough this again in a heartbeat.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I've been pondering getting this on PC, but if it's on console I may have to consider it as well.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I am always pleased to hear news about this. Its like getting a new game again w/o paying anything new

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Boyfriend and I played through this together early this year and we both really loved it. Don't think we have it in us to replay through the same game over again, but makes me look forward to the second game coming out even more. If you have a friend to play this game with, I highly recommend it. Its a ton of fun.