FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    Question for those that have lost significant weight:

Did you notice your ribcage shrinking in size? I've struggled with a disproportionately large chest to the rest of my body for a long while and it drives me nuts (note: I don't have manboobs, I'm talking actual ribcage). Shirts are almost always snug around my chest and tend to billow down around my stomach, and it makes my side profile look HUGE, even when I'm not. I'm hoping that as I start cutting I'll see my chest diminish in circumference so I have a more normal physique.

Anyone have an experience with this?
    You generally won't loose much around the ribs. I have generally been about 185 and built for most of my life, but ballooned to 235 for a year when I was working 90 hours a week. I dropped from 235 to 180 in about six months and everything generally remained the same fit around the chest, perhaps a bit tighter as my traps / pecs got larger.

Tailors are your friend. I'm 5'8" with a 17"+ neck and it's just impossible to buy good looking dress shirts off the rack.

Tekki's Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

nigga wot? I thought u were way taller than me

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Thanks guys. Appreciate the advice. I'm also talking casual shirts as well. I might just have to invest in a handful of good quality shirts. I keep resorting to layers to hide my frame.

2 week break from the gym for vacation and I'm starting to go back to start and finish the next phases of where I want to be.

I'm down to about 127, and pushing for that last few pounds was starting to get pretty discouraging. (Especially since I am not willing to give up muffins.) But work on it I will and my gym frequency will hopefully increase. Still trying to burn more than taking in. Abs are coming along (I think) so now the weight is mostly in my ass and thighs.

I made sure not to suck in the photos to get an actual representation of where I am at. I dunno if the little stomach pooch is ever gonna get much smaller. We'll see.

Squats feel so fucking awkward guys. I'm going to try lunges with weights instead.

Spoiler: show
    Side:

Front:

Also, huge congrats to ragns! I don't think I've seen your before pictures, so I'm really floored!

edit 2: personal win I wanted to share cause fuck yea: I have a thigh gap again. it's tiny but omg yay.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Lookin good! Keep it up. You will get those last pounds off you want to lose. Just keep focus. Sidenote, I honestly don't know one guy that cares about a thigh gap. Honestly. Not sure what all the fuss about it is.

Been trying to beef up my calves, so I'm doing legs 2x a week. Or at least I was, until I got a meniscus tear last week. Fucking sucks. Left knee is useless. Guess I stick to core/upper body. Sigh.

On the plus side, I got back into IF and lost 8 lbs in 10 days. Happy about that.

Thanks! And I mention it because I had someone mention it to me. Maybe it's just not your thing. Everyone's got things. I like arms. :D

And grats on the pounds!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Could be. And I'm not giving you shit for it or anything. Your goals are your goals and I don't want to take away from that.

And the arm thing seems to be a running theme. My last few girlfriends all loved my arms. So odd to me.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

The old micro-sized tears in my knee (menicus) that never healed properly are starting to reassert themselves. I wanted to run a half with my cousins in October but anything past 3-4 miles and my knee gets amazingly out of sorts.

Feelsbadman

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Read my post about 5 posts up. Iknowthatfeelbro.

Shit sucks.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Doesn't help that I HATE biking. It's really the only thing I can get long distance cardio done with.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Might invest in some decent boxing gloves and hit the bags at the gym. That makes me sweat quick.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    Might invest in some decent boxing gloves and hit the bags at the gym. That makes me sweat quick.
    I can get my work done with cardio, I just up the ante and go the HIIT route. It's not ideal because I'd like to have more overall stamina but it works. Swimming would help but NYU is redoing their fucking pool so I can't swim anymore. The alternative pool they give access to closes at like 7pm.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    Doesn't help that I HATE biking. It's really the only thing I can get long distance cardio done with.
    But biking gives the added bonus of almost dying each exercise session! Adrenaline will help you dig down and push harder!

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    But biking gives the added bonus of almost dying each exercise session! Adrenaline will help you dig down and push harder!
    Eh, I use a stationary. Biking in Manhattan is best left to the couriers.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    Eh, I use a stationary. Biking in Manhattan is best left to the couriers.
    Ah yeah stationary is boring as shit. Only upside is you can watch tv or maybe play some games. Yeah I'm in Bay Area so riding at least in city is a pretty intense experience most days I can only imagine would be even worse.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Airenn View Post
    2 week break from the gym for vacation and I'm starting to go back to start and finish the next phases of where I want to be.

I'm down to about 127, and pushing for that last few pounds was starting to get pretty discouraging. (Especially since I am not willing to give up muffins.) But work on it I will and my gym frequency will hopefully increase. Still trying to burn more than taking in. Abs are coming along (I think) so now the weight is mostly in my ass and thighs.

I made sure not to suck in the photos to get an actual representation of where I am at. I dunno if the little stomach pooch is ever gonna get much smaller. We'll see.

Squats feel so fucking awkward guys. I'm going to try lunges with weights instead.

Spoiler: show
    Side:

Front:

Also, huge congrats to ragns! I don't think I've seen your before pictures, so I'm really floored!

edit 2: personal win I wanted to share cause fuck yea: I have a thigh gap again. it's tiny but omg yay.
    Lunges are great, do them in ADDITION to squats. Don't stop squatting (unless you medically can't). You'll get the hang of it eventually, but yes, it'll feel awkward for now

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Try a military tuck to get rid of dat cupcake look you get w/ oversized dress shirts. You aren't taking into account the other measurements (neck, chest, waist, arms, and shoulders); this bad decision accounts for questionable fashion style. Don't buy a generic size, rather: slim fit/tailored shirts.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Down 18 lbs. Still the same pant size. ;_; Initially my soft goal weight was 135, but I think I definitely am going to have to go deeper. I feel like I'm going to have an anorexia-looking upper half before my bottom half ever decides to lose some weight. Fucking sucks.

As an aside, anyone use the nutrabullet for their kids? We bought one recently to make with the kids lunches. We found a mix that seems to work with our daughter (spinach, sweet potato, strawberry, banana), but so far nothing seems to work with our son.

For the adults: any recommendations regarding those protein powders? I may or may not use them, but my husband is really interested in it for himself.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

My sister uses the apple sauce squeeze things and the rest of the veggies and fruit are whole. Juice isn't really ideal.

If you're cutting you may want to skip the protein powder. The second you swap back to whole foods you will rebound like a rubber ball.

Source: Tried that a few times.

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    For the adults: any recommendations regarding those protein powders? I may or may not use them, but my husband is really interested in it for himself.
    Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard

double rich chocolate is the only flavor I've ever tried

This thread is HUEG! You might want to consider creating a new thread.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag