Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 47 of 114 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 97 ... LastLast
Results 921 to 940 of 2261

Thread: Salvage Bans v 2.0     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #921
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    23,594
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Skull View Post
    It's +40%, and if they gave that to Empyreans they'd have to either nerf Rudra's or exempt Twastar because it's already stupidly OP at it is.
    For dnc and brd maybe but for thf Vajra would might still be better

  2. #922
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,131
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Depends on if Twashtar would give the damage boost if it was offhand.

  3. #923
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,909
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    For dnc and brd maybe but for thf Vajra would might still be better
    Really doubt it. Twashtar has DEX+20 and it'd get aftermath of occasionally double damage to go with it.

    ...I can't wait until they nerf Rudra's...and buff r/e/m's...

  4. #924
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    23,594
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    Depends on if Twashtar would give the damage boost if it was offhand.
    Well seeing as mythic and and I think relic ones don't I doubt empyrean would if they gave it such.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kanriel View Post
    Really doubt it. Twashtar has DEX+20 and it'd get aftermath of occasionally double damage to go with it.
    True but it also has 10 less base dmg than varja and aftermath gives it oa2-3. I'd say it's closer than you'd think

  5. #925
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,909
    BG Level
    6

    It's been a while since I looked into it, but doesn't occasionally attacks 2-3x stuff get wonky with DA/TA? I can get upwards of 30% triple attack on THF and with DW capped on other pieces could likely get away with /war and DA earrings for 20% or so DA. So if there's some bit of cancelling out between those effects I don't think that'd be too useful. Especially with mandalic being a fair bit weaker than Rudra's to get aftermath up.

  6. #926
    HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    37,884
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Kanriel View Post
    ...I can't wait until they nerf Rudra's...and buff r/e/m's...
    Perhaps you missed the replies directed at you the last time you said this, let me remind you:

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    Sorry, but go fuck yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Kuishen's right. For the first time in 12 years, THF is actually at the top of the DD hierarchy instead of "TH whore", go fuck yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    Go fuck yourself. Even after all of this Thf is supposedly barely better than Sam in a situation with an unmoving mob and perfect JA usage Aka this does not exist in real life.

  7. #927
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,909
    BG Level
    6

    Yeah, don't care if you guys are happy to have a broken mechanic going your way. It's a broken mechanic, it shouldn't be like that.

    There's little chance THF gets buffs in an interesting mechanic while being stupidly OP via Rudra's. With augmented skirmish and some empy we should be able to have over 30% TA rate with 3x damage on those TA's, that is far more interesting to me than one button winning.

  8. #928
    Old Odin
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,198
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Kanriel View Post
    Really doubt it. Twashtar has DEX+20 and it'd get aftermath of occasionally double damage to go with it.

    ...I can't wait until they nerf Rudra's...and buff r/e/m's...
    I dont get why you want rudra's nerfed? I rather have a usefull TH DD then what we had previously...

  9. #929
    HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    37,884
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Because he wants to be a unique snowflake who says shit like "my thf was so badass, youre all scrubs, my LS took my thf places before rudras".

    level fucking drg then.

  10. #930
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,767
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Siren

    He stupidly thinks THF will be anything other than the TH whore it was before the update if they nerf it.

  11. #931
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,909
    BG Level
    6

    Yeah, because apparently retarded OP or useless gimp are the only possible options.

  12. #932
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    241
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    They can nerf Rudra around the same time they nerf Fudo.

  13. #933
    HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    37,884
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    has anyone 3boxed delve with brd thf whm? I mean, if they have cool, I've just never seen it posted anywhere about it being having been done. If its so overpowered though, surely it would have been done.

  14. #934
    So hard we fuck rocks
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,043
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    They need to nerf kings justice... Shit...

  15. #935
    Old Odin
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,198
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Kanriel View Post
    Yeah, because apparently retarded OP or useless gimp are the only possible options.
    i dont see THF being retardedly OP like SAM is atm. In any case i think its good THF got a spot, because it was looseing its TH spot slowly too in some cases to RNG. . . some groups didnt even bother with TH

  16. #936
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,909
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    has anyone 3boxed delve with brd thf whm? I mean, if they have cool, I've just never seen it posted anywhere about it being having been done. If its so overpowered though, surely it would have been done.
    I actually haven't seen SAM do that, either. I saw the BRD/WHM/MNK tribox though. Pretty sure I could tribox GEO/WHM/THF or GEO/THF/??? though on Tojil if I had a 3rd account.

  17. #937
    HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    37,884
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Unity: not TH based
    Delve: not TH based
    Incursion: not TH based
    Skirmish: not TH based
    KI fights: not TH based in VD, guaranteed drop in D with second based on TH, TH works in normal for a chance at a drop, and drops dont exist in E/VE
    Dynamis: mostly based on procs, but TH does help
    Salvage: mostly based on guaranteed drops, but TH can help with NQ linen or extras from the gears (not much though).

    Its a good thing SE finally moved on from "THF is only good for TH"

  18. #938
    HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    37,884
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Kanriel View Post
    I actually haven't seen SAM do that, either.


    If you're gonna say "he got 3 mythics lol", some average joe posted a SS on ffxiah of them clearing wopket with 3 as well, no RME's. I cant be bothered to dig through 4-5 months of screenshots.

  19. #939
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,909
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Unity: not TH based
    Delve: not TH based
    Incursion: not TH based
    Skirmish: not TH based
    KI fights: not TH based in VD, guaranteed drop in D with second based on TH, TH works in normal for a chance at a drop, and drops dont exist in E/VE
    Dynamis: mostly based on procs, but TH does help
    Salvage: mostly based on guaranteed drops, but TH can help with NQ linen or extras from the gears (not much though).

    Its a good thing SE finally moved on from "THF is only good for TH"
    TH is an extra gimmick, it's not what THF is about, simply what the community believes it's about.

    And has anyone tried to tribox a delve with THF? I don't see how you couldn't manage Tojil, just need to have a mage handle matamata until 3-4 WS's. I've done 20min zone clears as the only DD on THF so I don't see how it couldn't be managed with less support in more time.

  20. #940
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,131
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Incursion is definitely TH based, and Dynamis is TH based to a huge degree, at least for low values; going from TH0 to TH2 nearly doubled the average number of coins that I get per run.

    I guess the Dynamis example isn't exactly a vote of relevance for THF TH, though.

Page 47 of 114 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 97 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. i got banned from bg forum once
    By Judah in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 2005-09-03, 19:26