You know what I've never forgotten? That Terrell Suggs also beat his wife.
this was brought up in a lot of ravens communities over the summer and throughout this all as well. i haven't forgotten this either, but i think there are a lot more parts to that story worth looking into and deferring to police than there were for rice's he didn't even end up having to be involved in any program due to legal proceedings or anything like that - he did, however, get in trouble for a ton of guns.
it's a bit frustrating that the only difference between rice and a ton fo these other cases - suggs, big ben, greg hardy, daryl washington, ray mcdonald, etc - is that rice got caught on tape. so much inconsistency across the board.
but if we are gonna bring up all this shit then brandon marshall beat a woman too and we all love him (myself included).
it's weird how narratives can twist and turn.
At least Bmarsh was insane. Been a model human since getting the help he needed
I hear that, but at the same time, don't you think anyone who lays hands like this should be considered mentally unhealthy?
and it's not like Rice or any of these other guys haven't been doing all of the requisite meetings, programs, counseling, donating, etc.
It all seems arbitrary in terms of how the public is going to respond. Like I'm sure there are a lot of other NFL players besides Big Ben who have been accused of rape then nothing ever came of it, but it's him I'll never forget about or stop associating that iwth him. well him and fuckin darren sharper.
edit: thinking about it more i guess it's evidence that is the main differentiator. that's only fair really.
You are right, they should have been a lot harsher on this shit forever ago.
I think that with the precedence set of you could lose your career completely, hopefully that will help deter these guys from thinking they can be complete assholes to other people and get away with it just because sprots.
But it shouldn't have taken this long for him to lose it in the first place.
gotcha, you seemed to be edging on pitying him and I hate that (seeing it elsewhere in the interwebs).
I would just look at it being the video that is really helping to wake people up. I still see people say shit like "allegedly" for people like Ben.
Fans want so badly to like the players on their favorite teams. They don't like the idea that these people they watch every Sunday and cheer for are complete assholes.
They can't deny it with the video.
And hopefully this is a good sign that the NFL is going to be stricter going forward.
I feel pity for people that do shit like this.
Not because of the punishments or how they're looked at or anything like that, just a general feeling of pity for people that go out and ruin their own lives.
Bills sold for 1.4 billion to owners of the Sabres (Terry and Kim Pegula)
I blame patriarchy for all of this !
Something came up with my kid, can't make the thread til tomorrow. Or someone else can. Broven or Pasta threads are my fav.
Hope the kiddo is ok.
ill get started on it since I don't see tyven anywhere. hope all turns out well
it won't