• Navigation
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 407
  1. #81
    THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    23,089
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    CAIN'T STOP

    WON'T STOP

  2. #82
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by Bregor View Post
    CAIN'T STOP

    WON'T STOP
    now we need more bunts to make this complete.

  3. #83
    Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    58,130
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    Royals-Orioles....YESSSS

  4. #84
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    The Royals.. just swept the Angels in the ALDS.

    Let that sink in.

  5. #85
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25,823
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    The Royals.. just swept the Angels in the ALDS.

    Let that sink in.
    glad they won but it isn't that crazy. MLB playoffs are random, small sample size

  6. #86
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    glad they won but it isn't that crazy. MLB playoffs are random, small sample size
    This is what.. their second winning season in like twenty five years? haven't sniffed the playoffs or a playoff series win certainly with a sweep over the best of the AL? that's not surprising? Psh.

    and not all playoffs are random. you can almost always count on Atlanta to be knocked out of the first round/wild card game yearly if they make it, so...

  7. #87
    Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    58,130
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    KC hadnt been in the playoffs since the year I was born.... I'm 29...

  8. #88
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25,823
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    This is what.. their second winning season in like twenty five years? haven't sniffed the playoffs or a playoff series win certainly with a sweep over the best of the AL? that's not surprising? Psh.
    the surprise is that they made it then. once you're in the playoffs it's a crapshoot. they've been pitching well, stealing bases, and playing good defense, which is how they won 89 games

    and not all playoffs are random. you can almost always count on Atlanta to be knocked out of the first round/wild card game yearly if they make it, so...
    it's still random, even if it doesn't go your way >.>. and if I was unclear, obviously the playoffs aren't COMPLETELY random. but there are a lot of luck factors in baseball that have a significant effect in a small sample.

  9. #89
    Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10,263
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries
    4

    Another disappointing playoff for the Tigers. And the Lions blowing a win in the same day. Maybe the Pistons will be good?

  10. #90
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    the surprise is that they made it then. once you're in the playoffs it's a crapshoot. they've been pitching well, stealing bases, and playing good defense, which is how they won 89 games



    it's still random, even if it doesn't go your way >.>. and if I was unclear, obviously the playoffs aren't COMPLETELY random. but there are a lot of luck factors in baseball that have a significant effect in a small sample.
    Yeah I get your point, just saying while I wanted them to win, I didn't think they'd go on to sweep the Angels.

  11. #91
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25,823
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    Yeah I get your point, just saying while I wanted them to win, I didn't think they'd go on to sweep the Angels.
    I definitely wasn't expecting that either. hopefully they keep it going

  12. #92
    C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,936
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    I definitely wasn't expecting that either. hopefully they keep it going
    Sorry, that train stops here.... BUCKTOBER CONTINUES

    Their playoff drought is a null storyline now that they've made it and done well. If we're talkin bout World Series droughts that title goes to the Orioles now, since KC actually won it all in '85.

    ORIOLES MAGIC
    FEEL IT HAPPEN!

  13. #93
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25,823
    BG Level
    10

    the A's were my number 1 rooting interest for the postseason, after that I'm fine with any new team winning it, orioles included

  14. #94
    Death by snoo snoo
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    22,117
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

    KC - listen to Miz
    Orioles - listen to Xajii
    Cardinals - self explanatory
    Giants - listen to RL hatin ass friend
    Nats - listen to Cail

    Go Dodgers I guess

  15. #95
    C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,936
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
    KC - listen to Miz
    Orioles - listen to Xajii
    Cardinals - self explanatory
    Giants - listen to RL hatin ass friend
    Nats - listen to Cail

    Go Dodgers I guess
    you are truly in dire straits when the only team you can root for without wanting to shoot yourself has the highest payroll in baseball by 30 mil +

  16. #96
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    28,613
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    For the AL, pulling for the Orioles. Tigers and Angels losing made me giddy.
    For the NL, obviously pulling for the Giants. If they somehow fuck it up, pulling for the Cardinals cause Fuck LA

  17. #97
    Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    58,130
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
    KC - listen to Miz
    Orioles - listen to Xajii
    Cardinals - self explanatory
    Giants - listen to RL hatin ass friend
    Nats - listen to Cail

    Go Dodgers I guess
    I'm not a Nats fan, I just like Harper+Stras

  18. #98
    Death by snoo snoo
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    22,117
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

    Quote Originally Posted by Cail View Post
    I'm not a Nats fan, I just like Harper+Stras
    THATS EVEN WORSE

  19. #99
    Death by snoo snoo
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    22,117
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

    Quote Originally Posted by Xajii View Post
    you are truly in dire straits when the only team you can root for without wanting to shoot yourself has the highest payroll in baseball by 30 mil +
    It's hell

  20. #100
    Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    58,130
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8958
    Last Post: 2014-06-16, 12:04