1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 17 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 42 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 5 days, 11 hours, 17 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 22 hours, 42 minutes
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 206
  1. #161
    Impossiblu
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,445
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    Part of me wants to get caught up in time to start with everyone else, another part says "fuck books".
    bad part is nexus lights. finding a party that farms them at a decent clip has become quite difficult. hopefully they buff light amounts or cut the number required when they add the next step

  2. #162
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,998
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

    Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    bad part is nexus lights. finding a party that farms them at a decent clip has become quite difficult. hopefully they buff light amounts or cut the number required when they add the next step
    Because they've always nerfed the previous step just in time for the next one? ahahahahahaha

    I don't expect a light nerf until 2.6 (3.0?)

    I still have half of my nexus lights to get...

  3. #163
    Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,160
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    Part of me wants to get caught up in time to start with everyone else, another part says "fuck books".
    If your "that far" behind on relic quest line, its going to be really brutal to catch up.. especially once news gets out about the upcoming relic step.

    I'm sure a good amount of people are going to just splurge to finish up their relic, making the novus step a lot more expensive than it is now... and yeah as mentioned the nexus step lights is painful now I'd imagine. Its always best to do the stuff as it comes out, its really painful later (unless your someone that just recently decided to do the atma step).

    I doubt they will make the rest easier until some point at.. or into 3.0...

  4. #164
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,060
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    If your "that far" behind on relic quest line, its going to be really brutal to catch up.. especially once news gets out about the upcoming relic step.

    I'm sure a good amount of people are going to just splurge to finish up their relic, making the novus step a lot more expensive than it is now... and yeah as mentioned the nexus step lights is painful now I'd imagine. Its always best to do the stuff as it comes out, its really painful later (unless your someone that just recently decided to do the atma step).

    I doubt they will make the rest easier until some point at.. or into 3.0...
    As someone who just completed the atma step yesterday, I'm fine with being 2 patches behind in relic steps because there is no way I'd waste the original amount of time just to farm the stupid Atmas. If i think a nerf on the books is coming, then I won't be doing those until that comes out either.

  5. #165
    Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,687
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    I'm just now gettitng atmas and I feel satisfied with my patience in waiting for that particular adjustment.

    Looking forward to heavily nerfed books in 2.5!

  6. #166
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,998
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

    What's the point in doing relics at all if you plan to perpetually stay several steps behind?

    Also, I doubt they'll nerf books. It's already ridiculously easy.

  7. #167
    Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,160
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

    Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    What's the point in doing relics at all if you plan to perpetually stay several steps behind?

    Also, I doubt they'll nerf books. It's already ridiculously easy.
    Same here, kind of wonder what the use of doing them so late would be. In fact, they only got harder and more expensive + time consuming (excluding atma step), and then there is no guarantee that there will even be changes made to the rest of the steps.

    The quest line ends in 3.0, it will pretty much become... obscenely hard to do at that point, as people will be working on new content, so finding people to do the fates/instances/materia for the steps will become time consuimg and expensive, more so then it is now.

    I'm glad I did the novus when I did, it took about a week and only cost about 1.5mil total (only spirit binded III materia) as IV materia DET's were about 160-180K, and crit were like 50-60K, both of which are like into the 600-800K ranges atm. I only expect this price to be higher in 3.0 as new levels of materia come out, and old content becomes irrelevant.

    Then again, I guess it would make the feel of getting the relic more.. satisfying as it'll become one of the hardest, and most expensive, long quests in the game by then O_o

  8. #168
    Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,687
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    What's the point in doing relics at all if you plan to perpetually stay several steps behind?
    At some point they might actually become worth doing.

    Since I don't actually want a relic now, there's no point in grinding my soul away on them. But I don't mind getting a free alexandrite from doing an expert DR (or however it is that works), so if I can catch my relic up to that minimal level so I can pre-stockpile some of the grind, so much the better.

    Basically: any part of relic that I can complete in the process of doing whatever I normally do anyway, I'm down with.

    Also, I doubt they'll nerf books. It's already ridiculously easy.
    How much do they cost in soldiery right now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    The quest line ends in 3.0, it will pretty much become... obscenely hard to do at that point, as people will be working on new content, so finding people to do the fates/instances/materia for the steps will become time consuimg and expensive, more so then it is now.
    I can say with a good amount of confidence that this will never happen. If finding fates/instances/materia becomes more difficult due to lack of participation in older content, they will simply adjust it downward, exactly as they did with atma.

    I cannot foresee a situation in which they allow new players to be cockblocked behind, say, the i100->i110 relic transition, when the then-current gear is i150.

    edit: Or, alternatively, there will be an entirely new relic line in 3.0 and everyone can just toss their ARR relic in the nearest available trashcan. Po-tay-to, po-tah-to.

  9. #169
    The Once and Future Wamoura
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    18,133
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

    Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    What's the point in doing relics at all if you plan to perpetually stay several steps behind?

    Also, I doubt they'll nerf books. It's already ridiculously easy.
    What's the point of doing relics at all when they'll be perpetually behind raid weapons until the end of a raid's lifecycle?

    How much do they cost in soldiery right now?
    500

  10. #170
    Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,687
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Weren't the books 1500 myth each? Maybe they'll only be 200 poetics or so.

  11. #171
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,998
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    What's the point of doing relics at all when they'll be perpetually behind raid weapons until the end of a raid's lifecycle?
    Implying that everyone's able to get those weapons?

    To date, I've acquired the same-iLvl stage of relic at the same time my coil team had cleared the same stage of content (barring nexus, fuck those lights). i100'd (Animus, that atma stage doesn't count) the same week we cleared T7 for the first time; saved me (tank, at the time) from needing to wait for a tome which clearly was going to take 4+ weeks as DPS weapons are more important. i110'd the same week we cleared T8 for the first time, again saving me the wait of getting a sand after DPS classes.

    Now I don't have a coil group at all, which makes my completion of relic all the more useful for me.

  12. #172
    The Once and Future Wamoura
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    18,133
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

    So what you're saying is your play style differs and your relic upgrading is dependent on that? I've kept my Animus on the backburner forever and only really started to upgrade it when Nexus was released because before then it was always inferior to my more easily obtainable option. Then 2.4 hit and it's very likely I'll have an encrypted tomestone weapon before the mid-Dec patch, at that point if I haven't cleared t13 I might work on my Omnilex again.

  13. #173
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,998
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

    I'm saying if someone is actively going to never do the latest 2-or-so steps of the relic quest (as SD seems to be implying), then their weapon will never be better than something you can easily get from a primal or something. Why even bother, at that point? (Which SD answered perfectly fine with "They may become useful at some point.")

    Comparing that situation to latest-stage-relic vs coil loot isn't really analogous, since coil loot can actually be hard to get.

  14. #174
    Resident Moogle
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    13,216
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    I'm just waiting on them to announce that they ran out of battle-related bullshit for us to grind endlessly to upgrade our relics with, and the next step will just be a new tier of daily alex quest, and using demi-materia to infuse instead of normal materia.

  15. #175
    The Once and Future Wamoura
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    18,133
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

    Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Comparing that situation to latest-stage-relic vs coil loot isn't really analogous, since coil loot can actually be hard to get.
    I don't understand your reasoning, but I respect your opinion and will defend to the death your right to say it.

  16. #176
    Impossiblu
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,445
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    I'm just waiting on them to announce that they ran out of battle-related bullshit for us to grind endlessly to upgrade our relics with, and the next step will just be a new tier of daily alex quest, and using demi-materia to infuse instead of normal materia.
    inb4 relic stage 2.45: 50 Battlecraft IIIs and 10 Mastercrafts

  17. #177
    Can you spare some gil?
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    8,781
    BG Level
    8

    You shut your fucking mouth about those mastercrafts.

  18. #178
    Impossiblu
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,445
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    20 mastercrafts

  19. #179
    Old Odin
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6,197
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

    Need to trade 50 BC3 and 10 MC for a token that gets you a unhidden basiliskskin map that has a 1% chance of dropping a token you need 100 of to unlock the ability to unlock the next step. Which is 100 byne bills.

  20. #180
    Can you spare some gil?
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    8,781
    BG Level
    8

    New daily ex roulette where Titan has a favorable 92.5% chance to be picked, winning it daily rewards you with a pouch and when you open it you have a 5% chance to get an item, that has to be desynthed by leatherworker's which has a chance to give a byne bill scrap, 10 of the scraps make 1 byne bill, but when you go to make it you only have a 10% chance of it actually being made.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Patch 2.4 Notes (Preliminary) (10/24/2014)
    By Black in forum FFXIV: Official News and Information
    Replies: 322
    Last Post: 2014-10-28, 07:46
  2. Patch 1.17c Notes
    By Grey Jorildyn in forum FFXIV: Official News and Information
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 2011-06-18, 00:40
  3. Patch 1.17b Notes
    By Grey Jorildyn in forum FFXIV: Official News and Information
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 2011-05-30, 04:59
  4. Patch 1.17a Notes (04/25/2011)
    By Kurokikaze in forum FFXIV: Official News and Information
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 2011-04-27, 14:10
  5. Patch 1.17 Notes (04/14/2011)
    By Kurokikaze in forum FFXIV: Official News and Information
    Replies: 199
    Last Post: 2011-04-25, 15:12
  6. Patch 1.16 Notes (03/03/2011)
    By Kurokikaze in forum FFXIV: Official News and Information
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: 2011-03-08, 19:22
  7. Patch 1.15b Notes (02/17/2011)
    By Corrderio in forum FFXIV: Official News and Information
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 2011-02-19, 09:53