Page 26 of 41 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 520 of 817
  1. #501
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    23,594
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Seems like the success of this film will affect Endgame if the rumors are true:

    TL;DR: If the movie is a success Marvel will play a significant role in the film. If not her role will be reduced and the film will focus more on the Avengers. Also possible female Avengers team.
    um please don't. I don't care how good or bad this is or does. Changing something this big in the film this late in the game is not going to be good for the movie. Maybe a small change at the very end that has to do with her role in movies much farther down the line like hell the end credit scene. But significant changes in a film being released in what 6 weeks? Naw hard pass on that even assuming it's logistically feasible

  2. #502
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,291
    BG Level
    9

    Actually for some clarification since I got another shot to listen this leak comes from a source that came out prior to Infinity War. Same source wasn't 100% on all the leaked info but still pretty accurate.

    I'll update my post to avoid confusion

  3. #503

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    24,306
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Yeah this will have 0 impact on Endgame being changed at the last minute. Black Panther was one of the biggest smash hits in movie history and it came out 2 1/2 months before Infinity War and they didn’t really enhance T’Challa’s role any more than it was already planned for.

  4. #504
    Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    7,075
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    The general gist of the reviews I'm seeing is that it's another Aquaman, mediocre story, but a great action flick.
    Will it perform like aquamen doe, sexsouls? Hint: It won't.

    *I guess I should say internationally? I ain't sure if there's enough low testosterone to support this thing.

  5. #505
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,565
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Yeah this will have 0 impact on Endgame being changed at the last minute. Black Panther was one of the biggest smash hits in movie history and it came out 2 1/2 months before Infinity War and they didn’t really enhance T’Challa’s role any more than it was already planned for.
    This is the type of manufactured dumb shit I mean. There’s zero chance Endgame is changed no matter how well or poorly Captain Marvel is received.

  6. #506
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    931
    BG Level
    5

    OK, just got out of this. First of all, since I always say it despite it being a given: there is a mid- and a post-credit scene. Both are worth it, too! As for the rest, I'll just say that I enjoyed it a lot. For the rest, feel free to click on the spoiler below, I won't spoil any major elements, just a bit more in depth.
    Spoiler: show
    The action was top notch, but at times the CGI felt a bit off...which I can kind of forgive, since we are talking about a woman flying around in space and shooting beams from her hands. The comedy was on point, too. Overall the film had a way more light-hearted feel to it than I initially expected. I actually really enjoyed the story, too, since it took me by "surprise" several times and the emotional journey of Captain Marvel really worked well, at least for me. Last but not least, I feel like this was one of the better origin stories in MCU in recent years, but that could also be because I knew next to nothing about the character beforehand and because it plays before the previous MCU movies.

    Oh, and make sure not to take a pee break before the movie starts...there is something just before the movie.

  7. #507
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    11,977
    BG Level
    9

    ^ how would you compare the CGI to Black Panther, which had its own CGI problems?

  8. #508
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    931
    BG Level
    5

    I would say about on par, but
    Spoiler: show
    since Captain Marvel has all the cosmic energy and all that jazz, it was easier to switch off my brain and just believe it. It never really took me out of the moment. But then again, it never really did with BP either...it just was more noticeable there since it felt at least a little more realistic.

  9. #509
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,104
    BG Level
    10

    What cgi problems in black panther?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

  10. #510
    Old Odin
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,095
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    What cgi problems in black panther?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    People absolutely hate the CGI on the last fight.

  11. #511
    I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,264
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    What cgi problems in black panther?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    A lot of people complained about the final one on one in the mine/monorail.

  12. #512
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,104
    BG Level
    10

    Really? I thought that was a great fight. People be wildin

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

  13. #513
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10,421
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Really? I thought that was a great fight. People be wildin

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    It was a good fight, just looked wonky.

  14. #514
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,819
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    https://www.engadget.com/2018/02/24/...er-vfx-models/

    You can like the fight and still notice issues with the CGI....

  15. #515
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    23,594
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    I love the chorography but the start where 2 black suited dudes were fighting as they fell amidst a lot of darkness kind of blended in. And even on the tracks it felt off like they weren't really there

  16. #516
    I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,264
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle


  17. #517
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,104
    BG Level
    10

    I skimmed the article cause I'm lazy, but I concur that the cgi dolls did feel weightless. There def was a lot of black on black, no pun intended, and yeah I can see those critiques. It didnt detract from the movie for me, nor did it really break mah immersion, but a fair critique is a fair critique lol.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

  18. #518
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10,421
    BG Level
    9

    Kind of reminded me of Blade 3 ninja fight <_______<;

  19. #519
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,104
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    Kind of reminded me of Blade 3 ninja fight <_______<;
    Oh man was that blade 3? I thought the ninjas were in blade 2. Either way I recall that scene in blades hideout and yeah it was wonky as fuck lol.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

  20. #520
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10,421
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Oh man was that blade 3? I thought the ninjas were in blade 2. Either way I recall that scene in blades hideout and yeah it was wonky as fuck lol.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Sorry B2


Page 26 of 41 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast