1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 13 hours, 3 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 10 hours, 56 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 6 hours, 3 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 3 hours, 56 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast
    Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Haven't played since 3.0 dropped. Easiest way to get like an i200 sch book?

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Esoterics tomestones

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Haven't played since 3.0 dropped. Easiest way to get like an i200 sch book?
    palace of the dead i235

http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Palace_of_the_Dead

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

GFDI why do I keep forgetting that place.

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Got dat axe, and honestly these weapons are not too bad until you get something better. I don't think I am even going to bother getting the Eikon 240 weapon if they make an easier path to it like they did with the 210 weapons. Parry and Skill Speed for warrior is godawful and I'd rather take my chances learning Midas but with our luck the final branch of Alexander will release right before we kill A8S.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm almost done with my i240 relic. Though at the same time I have nothing better to spend Esos on and I kind of hate myself.

But yeah I'd expect i240 to be ezpz to get once 3.4 comes out and then there'll be i250 with the next part of the warring triad, i260 for people who do the weekly, and then an upgrade once the next relic step comes out. If they do that at this point the climb just becomes comfort food.

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I wonder why they chose right now to make the Savage weapons +5 in ilvl ahead of everything else this time? Compared to the last one which had everything the same 210 max. I guess it's definitely well deserved if you went through that, and the stats the weapons have are just way too good.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Well, last one was the only one that was the same as the tome weapons. First coil was the same at first but then changed to 95, 2nd coil 115 and final 135.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Savage weapons also have a +1 to weapon damage compared to the i240 stuff.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Any place to direct d/l or p2p this instead of getting a measly 2MB/s from SE?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

What the hell do I do with all these poetics that seem to rain from the sky?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Yelta Sumasu
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Pretty much old iLvl 120 gear so desynthesis/glamour/trade to GC guy for points, some minions and relic items. I've been spending mine on Unidentifiable items for relic. Oh and I got a Faded Copy of Another Round one time.

After that... no idea what to do with them.

http://www.garlandtools.org/db/#item/28

Lots of good info here, thanks for the detailed post Corrderio.

My friend recently started playing, so I got on the 5 day free trial for inactive characters and decided I would return if he could get on my server, Gilgamesh. He just got on, so I guess I'm subbing. Looking for any other specifics I should know to get back on track from 2.0. I last played in Nov 2013, I got DRG to 50 and the furthest I went with gear is getting Ifrit's Harpoon (as in, I didn't get very far at all with gear). Other than story quests, any tips on getting started from that point? I'm a casual these days, so it will be a while before I'm running anything top-tier. For now, I'm getting re-acquainted with the game at low levels so I can play with my friend. Just been working on Rogue (17) for the last few days.

Does BG still have an FC on Gilgamesh, and if so could I get an invite?
    Are FATEs still the best method to get exp at high levels, outside of the story quests? Any certain areas I should focus on for 50+?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

For 50+ this is how it'll go. Since you already have your job quests done you'll be boned out of free i90 gear. You could ask someone to craft some for you or do some dungeon grinding.

Do you ARR Relic up to the i90. Use Tomestones of Poetics on the i120 gear from the NPC in Mor Dhona. Don't worry about which slot, though I would recommend working on the left side first before moving to the right side due to the Vitality/Survivability you'll get. Don't purchase an Encrypted Tomestone for a weapon with poetics either yet.

Either way you should do the following.

All 2.X Dungeons (There's 15, two of them are included in the MSQ)
    All 2.X Trials (2 are with Relic, All Eikon primals (Hard and Extreme), 2 are with Hildibrand, Odin Fight)
    All 2.X Raids (Crystal Tower [24 Man content. Ezpz and after you clear you can do weekly for tomestone for i120 weapon], All 13 Turns of Binding Coils of Bahamut [Ignore T3 since it gives nothing]

Essentially you'll gain poetics and convent them into gear as you clean up the 2.x storyline. If you have HW purchased and applied you'll gain XP past 50.

Also do feel free to try out the minigames introduced to the gold saucer.

Awesome, thanks for the tips. Sucks about the i90 gear, but I'll work around it.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    Do you ARR Relic up to the i90.
    No, not a requirement for coil anymore and there's basically no reason to do this. I levelled a new alt recently and found that out seeing the coil unlock quest while I had just grabbed the first stage of the relic quest. If you have friends in game who are established even enough that you know a lv 50 crafter you can get i115's (then lv 52 gear that's ilv 125 then 54 gear that's 133) crafted dirt cheap and not need to worry about tome gear.

Possibly returning - Questions

I randomly reactivated last night and am feeling a bit lost

I had a level 50 Drg and Nin when I left

The popular opinion back then was that drg was a waste of time compared to mnk and Nin was a little bit op

How are things now for those two jobs?

What is the balance like in general?

How did the new jobs turn out?

Have they started introducing special pieces of gear with effects and not just just stat increases like ffxi (hidden effect, refresh, augments)

I was in the middle of a horrible relic weapon grind when I quit before. Is this still worth continuing or is it now redundant? Did they make it easier?

I'm on a shiva fight and ultras fight. Is that anywhere near the start of the expansion?

Thanks

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

NIN got balanced by not getting as many good upgrades as mnk or drg in their 51-60 skills.

The balance is pretty good overall, you'll see some people say mnk > drg, or drg > mnk. NIN is pretty essential despite no longer being OP.

For the new jobs DRK is a competitive PLD variant and MCH is for BRD. AST was so bad at first but got buffed, sort of comparable to WHM now but their "SCH stance" is still lacking.

No special gear effects, and hints from Yoshi "less emphasis on secondaries in the future".

Assuming you mean ARR relic, don't bother finishing it. It lets you skip a step of the new relic but you'd spend a lot less time doing that step than you would finishing your relic, unless you're at or very close to the i125 stage.

Shiva was 2.4, so yeah, pretty close to the expansion. There was 2.5, then 2.55, then 3.0.

So this is a general returning thread? Guess I'll post my queries here then.

Haven't played since 2.4, have a little downtime so I thought of giving it a shot once more. I've Googled here and there for info but I still have a couple of questions.

1. Any good way to burn off spare leves fast? I hate to see them burning a hole in my pocket. There was a thread here with a list of good turn-in craft leves you could do and actually turn a profit on (as in you got more gil than you spent) on them.

2. What happened to hunts and other post-50 content?

3. I'm basically here for the story, the levelling and...not much else. I'm not a very endgame centric person (don't have the time for it, honestly) so I guess it would be ok if I skip most of the content I'm not interested in?

4. Can you do Palace of the Dead solo?

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

1. In Ishgard (starting HW city) you can accept "big scale" leves which take 10 at a time. Handy if you don't have time to burn them off individually, but the rewards don't scale by 10x
    2. Hunts are still valid; hunting 2.x stuff still grants you some Centurio seals to buy 3.x stuff. Other 2.x content are still done to collect gear for glamour, or achievements, or for the new player bonus
    3. Of course
    4. Yep (check the Palace of the Dead thread; someone posted a screenshot of MNK solo)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag