1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 36 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 15 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 18 hours, 36 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 77 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Remember a lot of people doing A5-8 are going to be geared at least 225+. Its not like you're running it at i210. A9-A12 should be a little bit more dicey but people have been running it so clears should be easy.

Edit: If you haven't run PotD. Get your 235 weapon from there.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

How is MCH vs BRD nowadays? When I still played I think MCH was preferred and did more dps. Is that still the case?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

MCH is generally preferred because group DPS is higher. Regarding Brd vs MCH individually, it seems that MCH is a bit ahead on AS9/10, far ahead on AS11, but behind on AS12. But its early days yet. https://www.fflogs.com/statistics/13#

You can reliably clear with both so i'd say take the one that you are comfortable with. Unless you are going triple melee, then go MCH.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zaela'saani Anahss
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Skywall

Been wanting to play again since I moved a year ago. Intent was, unsub, move, get set up.. play again. Unfortunately I can't remember what box I put my stupid one time login thing in. Outside of opening every box I have cramed into a tiny storage area, I'm not going to find the little bastard.

So, does it have any benefit in FFXIV like it did in FFXI? I know it gave extra bag space in XI but don't remember anything of the sort in XIV. Am I remembering correctly?

Will they give me a hassle to remove it because my license info is different? I wasn't able to update it because I couldn't login without the temp key. I should still have my PA license to show old and new address.

I enjoyed the game and it was only my cross country move that stopped me from playing.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I think in XIV it just gives you a place to make teleporting to free.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Wanna play again, anyone willing to house a returning scrublord? D:

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Are you starting from scratch? I would love to send you a friend code to get some goodies.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Nah I have a toon that was at cap before quitting, will probably pick back up from there

Is there any point to finishing my Zodiac weapon? Should I just wait and start the Anima weapon from scratch?

Burned through a bunch of gil and seals before realizing that Anima was not a continuation of the Zodiac line, though I've long past stopped getting upset at the abusive nature of this game.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Unless you're close to the end of the Zodiac it's better to just do Anima. If you have a Zodiac weapon you can skip the first step of Anima (which is farming a bunch of crystals from FATEs, which will take a few hours). So if you're real close to being done with the Zodiac and don't want to grind FATEs you can finish it up and then trade it in, otherwise just don't bother.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Unless you're like right at the Zodiac step and just need to do the Zeta step I wouldn't bother (But it sounds like you're at the Nexus step).

Essentially right now you have an i115 weapon which is the basic starting ilv at level50 in 3.0. The MSQ in Heavensward will give you weapon upgrades (HQ) every even level (Except 60) and dungeons drop gear at every odd level.

If you want to start with an i135 weapon I'd recommend doing the Final Coils of Bahamut. But unless you want the zeta step for glamour i wouldn't bother.

Also if you happen to finish the Zodiac step just Undersize tam tara (Normal) for the light to fill up Mahatmas.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

general thoughts and questions post 60. my idea right now is to gear in lore/drops and get my 200 anima weapon (not too much work and the boost is huge) while working my way toward scripture. but here are my questions:

- should I be doing leveling roulette after 60 for lore? I feel like it's not entirely worth it, but lore gear is such a huge boost. I might keep doing it just until I hit 170 for Void Ark, the move on. but maybe Aetherochemical Research would be a better choice?
    - which other roulettes are worth it? trials, obviously. super quick and 60 lore. level 50, maybe? poetics + lore is nice but poetics are worthless if you're not going past 200 on anima weapon (as far as I can see). expert, I think once I unlock this it will be worth it. level 60... maybe?
    - generally thinking I want to work toward ilvl 170 -> Void Ark -> ilvl 205 -> Weeping City -> lore/scripture gears and whatever drops I get from alex/sephiroth/Sophia depending on which ones I end up doing. does that sound about right?

- ARF is better, but you may get tired of it if you farm it too much.

- Don't count out PoTD too, it gives lore/scripture too and they can be good money maker depending on your luck.

- If I were you I'd spam PoTD to get i235 weapon. Run lv60/ARF to get massive amount of lore to upgrade your armor/accessories. Once you pass ilevel requirements to run weeping city and expert roulette then work on those.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Yelta Sumasu
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    general thoughts and questions post 60. my idea right now is to gear in lore/drops and get my 200 anima weapon (not too much work and the boost is huge) while working my way toward scripture. but here are my questions:

- should I be doing leveling roulette after 60 for lore? I feel like it's not entirely worth it, but lore gear is such a huge boost. I might keep doing it just until I hit 170 for Void Ark, the move on. but maybe Aetherochemical Research would be a better choice?
    - which other roulettes are worth it? trials, obviously. super quick and 60 lore. level 50, maybe? poetics + lore is nice but poetics are worthless if you're not going past 200 on anima weapon (as far as I can see). expert, I think once I unlock this it will be worth it. level 60... maybe?
    - generally thinking I want to work toward ilvl 170 -> Void Ark -> ilvl 205 -> Weeping City -> lore/scripture gears and whatever drops I get from alex/sephiroth/Sophia depending on which ones I end up doing. does that sound about right?
    I second the 235 PotD weapon choice. Easy to get and will serve you well.

Also if you do some Heavensward hunts you can buy the 200 gear with Centurio Seals. See Yolaine in Foundation. Do your daily and weekly hunts and you will be geared out in no time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

thanks to both of you. sound advice. my only further question: about how much of a grind is it from scratch to the i235 weapon? I haven't touched PoTD yet.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

thanks to both of you. sound advice. my only further question: about how much of a grind is it from scratch to the i235 weapon? I haven't touched PoTD yet.

Its pretty fast, one trip to floor 100 should get you close.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Yelta Sumasu
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

It's a bit if a grind but you can do it on any class and get exp and other treasure. I haven't timed it but I think I do 1-50 in a couple of hours but that won't max it out. For max results do 1-10 on one save, the. 1-10 on 2nd save and then 11-20 on each and so on. It's most fun in a premade chatting in Discord or some such.

Edit: forgot you can go to 100, probably get a weapon in an afternoon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Either way PotD weapon is smartest investment of time.

Either you wait for ilv200 so you can do Burden of the Son 7 times and exchange lore for a i230>240 weapon.

You get carried in Nidhogg Ex (Which is amazingly harder than Sophia ex)

You get carried in Sophia Ex (More likely if you got friends)

Or you have someone craft you an i250 weapon.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

PoTD it is, then. Didn't realize you could get a) a weapon of that caliber or b) tomes while you do it. What have I been missing out on...

Tempted to level another job while I do so but I'm going to prioritize tomes first so I can outfit my BRD properly.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

After that I'd start looking at using ffxiv.ariyala.com and looking at where to put scripture to work and look clearing Sophia Ex and A9S as soon as possible.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag