1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 10 hours, 8 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 13 hours, 51 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 3 hours, 8 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 6 hours, 51 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 420 of 575 FirstFirst ... 370 410 418 419 420 421 422 430 470 ... LastLast
    MOST RAD.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pupuru Puru
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I need to find someone and do these seasonal quests? fucking bullshit

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Having to do stuff with other people in an MMO? Wtf has the world come to!

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    Having to do stuff with other people in an MMO? Wtf has the world come to!
    Lol, I think it's more this game promotes not having or caring about a community then start throwing forced interaction at you.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

15 adamantite ores per node cycle, only thing it crafts into are adamantite nuggets which require 5 ores each.

I currently need a fuckton of nuggets to finish leveling blacksmith desynthing. I love time-based cockblocks. God forbid the node yielded 3 a swing before King's Yield like 2.X ore nodes. 3.X gathering in general is just a large headache.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    I currently need a fuckton of nuggets to finish leveling blacksmith desynthing.
    Funny, I currently have a fuckton of nuggets by leveling LTW desynth! They just can't sell fast enough for me.

After thinking a bit about why I feel that this game is so sluggish, I realized it's due to the combo "system" and how slow it is. For example, if I want to get enmity then apply the slashing debuff, it'll take 15 seconds to do it, while in WoW it would be, like, 2 GCDs?

I wish they'd let us "create" our own combos. For example:

Heavy Swing > Skull Sunder > Butcher's Block > Maim > Storm's Eye > Storm's Path > Butcher's Block etc.

So as long as you keep the "combo trigger" and not repeating skills you can just do whatever you want, if your combo drops you go back to Heavy Swing.

I'm sure it would need some balancing especially with DRG. But it would be fun to not take so long to do the basic stuff.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cocoa Coala View Post
    I wish they'd let us "create" our own combos. For example:

Heavy Swing > Skull Sunder > Butcher's Block > Maim > Storm's Eye > Storm's Path > Butcher's Block etc.

So as long as you keep the "combo trigger" and not repeating skills you can just do whatever you want, if your combo drops you go back to Heavy Swing.
    with any luck that's how SAM will play, FATEs will drop Tomes before they change the combo system on all the jobs.

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

It would probably be the only way to get Power Slash back into the mix over Delirium for non-opener DRK. Hard Slash > repeat (Syphon > Power Slash > DA+Souleater)

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I'm like two years late, but holy shit some of these Sightseeing Log jumping puzzles are horrible.

I get the feeling they might actually be easier with a controller, though.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lujei View Post
    I'm like two years late, but holy shit some of these Sightseeing Log jumping puzzles are horrible.

I get the feeling they might actually be easier with a controller, though.
    Not the one where you have to jump from log to log in North Shroud...I actually had to adjust my framerate to something really low in settings. Was the only way I could do it in my game.

I got that one in a few tries, being on a chocobo seemed to help. There was someone else there having a hell of a time tho so I told them to just suicide and I raised them to the spot.

I actually found the sightseeing jump puzzles pretty fun, the arbitrary time and weather effects can fuck right off tho.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I clearly should have done all this mount farming when people who knew how to do 400 DPS in Titan Ex still needed theirs. Let alone an actual respectable number. We're level sixty, people. Act it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    I got that one in a few tries, being on a chocobo seemed to help. There was someone else there having a hell of a time tho so I told them to just suicide and I raised them to the spot.

I actually found the sightseeing jump puzzles pretty fun, the arbitrary time and weather effects can fuck right off tho.
    I think the time and weather limitations will be the stopping point for me. Like, I see the weather ready to pop up and rush over to the area, and fall on the jumping puzzles for a half hour and the weather changes before you can even get to the vista, with no future necessary weather in sight.

I'm bitter. That being said, I really did enjoy the HW ones. There were a few jumping puzzles but without the dumb time and weather restrictions.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The weather was what stopped me. Did all the Heavensward ones just because you could do them at your own leisure, but being able to use a flying mount made them a joke.

Yea I was under the impression that the HW ones didn't have jumping puzzles what with flying and all, I didn't do any of them except a few I passed by for exp.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

There are a couple that have jumping but it's nowhere near as annoyingly hard as the ARR ones. I think the one that gave me the most trouble was the Coerthas West bridge one (you have to fall onto a lamp or something and I kept getting stuck on an invisible spot on the chain).

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Yea I was under the impression that the HW ones didn't have jumping puzzles what with flying and all, I didn't do any of them except a few I passed by for exp.
    The second set they added included some puzzles

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Tanks that expect me to heal them through Final Stings in St. Mocianne's with ten mobs on them instead of doing one of the following:

• Stun the Orn Kite that'll use final sting that I've marked for their convenience since there's only two god damn bees in that entire pull that use it, the second of which is a "Your DPS sucks" check if it gets the time to use Final Sting before the wall is broken
    • Kite around when their CDs are exhausted so the mobs cluster in a line and end up being able to attack less + be able to out-of-range the Final Sting
    • Pop Holm/Living Dead/Hallowed Ground for the Final Sting

There's also something about that dungeon specifically that makes Eos dumb as bricks in terms of her getting to a placed position in a timely manner. Haven't bothered paying attention to see if the AI pathfinding is busted there which causes her extended periods of getting to you, or that she keeps wasting time trying to heal a target mid-pull which then sets her back three seconds.

Either way, it makes me wish pets had increased movement speed in addition to all the other shit that needs fixing about pets.

Unrelated: I hate BSM desynthesis.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

"Making" me run Void Ark more for V materia next update.

I probably still won't, but I'm complaining anyway.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Tanks that expect me to heal them through Final Stings in St. Mocianne's with ten mobs on them instead of doing one of the following:

• Stun the Orn Kite that'll use final sting that I've marked for their convenience since there's only two god damn bees in that entire pull that use it, the second of which is a "Your DPS sucks" check if it gets the time to use Final Sting before the wall is broken
    • Kite around when their CDs are exhausted so the mobs cluster in a line and end up being able to attack less + be able to out-of-range the Final Sting
    • Pop Holm/Living Dead/Hallowed Ground for the Final Sting
    Every fucking time.

It's why I hate getting Arboretum in roulette. That and because tanks don't realize it's better to split that second-to last pull into two and instead pull every one of the hardest hitting mobs in the dungeon at once (one for the first half of the room, two bring the last 2 mobs that spawn to the trees at the end, so you end up with two sets of 5 or so instead of one set of ~7 one set of 3; you're going to have that tree pull anyway, you might as well balance it out).

Also, tanks who don't use their CDs on said second-to-last pull.