1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 42 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 17 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 1 hours, 42 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 8 hours, 17 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 484 of 575 FirstFirst ... 434 474 482 483 484 485 486 494 534 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Serenseven View Post
    Complaint: Where the fuck is the other half so I can have this level of fun on content that matters?
    Probably when you aren't online.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    When the server decides to hold your character in limbo for 10 minutes following a D/C.
    So much this, especially since they handled that shit pretty well in XI. How the hell does a company go so backwards on acknowledging something like this?

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    especially since they handled that shit pretty well in XI.
    FFXI had the same damn problem.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

it did at times, but because it went through POL it was far easier to knock your character offline even if you got stuck in "limbo", which was actually a reason for XIV being the way it is - since people hated the aspect of "if someone gets your info they can hijack your character and knock you offline."

Not to mention you can edit your session for XIV quite easily, it's no surprising it's actually worse in XIV despite being "newer technology."

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Juben Sudorana
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

been trying to log in all day getting 90002 or 10105. Think I logged out in the barracks for first time. Hopefully that is not the problem.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

use free trial of wtfast and you should be able to get on

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

It's a wider problem. Nothing to do with your logout

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Yep, america's shit infrastructure being shit as usual. Nothing really new. It's unfortunate but it's a routing issue. I log out in the barracks all the time.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

FFXI: here's your relic armor. just sneak around and fight mobs way beyond your level for a chance at a key drop that you won't get and hunt for coffers that won't show up in a zone where if your sneak/invis drops for EVEN A SECOND you will die so many deaths.

FFXIV: here's your relic armor. no, seriously. here it is. and another set for level 50 because WHY NOT?

...I mean I'm not complaining that it's easier now, but god damn did I feel like I earned that RDM artifact gear back in the day :/

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

To be fair the HW Artifact was, initially, weekly locked with upgrades initially locked behind pepsiman.

So if you saw an AST in a dalamud red outfit then you know they've seen some shit.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

No it most definitely did not. If you disconnected you would log back in, and logging back in would boot you if you were stuck, simple as that.

As for the other posts, yeah if they've made it like this on purpose as some kind of anti-RMT measure fucking lol.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    FFXI: here's your relic armor. just sneak around and fight mobs way beyond your level for a chance at a key drop that you won't get and hunt for coffers that won't show up in a zone where if your sneak/invis drops for EVEN A SECOND you will die so many deaths.

FFXIV: here's your relic armor. no, seriously. here it is. and another set for level 50 because WHY NOT?

...I mean I'm not complaining that it's easier now, but god damn did I feel like I earned that RDM artifact gear back in the day :/
    That gear is worthless now anyway, just glamour stuff. In XI some artifact pieces were still relevant at 75
    Hold onto your butts though, we might have actual relic gear coming in Stormblood! Enjoy grinding for a full set on top of that weapon! (Please Eureka.... be good!)

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    No it most definitely did not.
    It sure as hell did. I wouldn't say all the time, but quite a few times I had to wait 5 minutes and/or log in to a mule first before I could play on my FFXI main again. I can still count the times I crashed on FFXIV on 1 hand and of those times I never got the message "currently logged in" like I would in FFXI.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    That gear is worthless now anyway, just glamour stuff. In XI some artifact pieces were still relevant at 75
    Hold onto your butts though, we might have actual relic gear coming in Stormblood! Enjoy grinding for a full set on top of that weapon! (Please Eureka.... be good!)
    Case in point.. RDM body and hat, but the hat more so, was staple for their entire career. But that was ok because RDM AF looked good. Same with SCH, AF and AF2 could be swapped between each other for quite some time. Some jobs though(BLM, with the hat being the only exception, IIRC) had to swap through many gears at 75.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Appie View Post
    It sure as hell did. I wouldn't say all the time, but quite a few times I had to wait 5 minutes and/or log in to a mule first before I could play on my FFXI main again. I can still count the times I crashed on FFXIV on 1 hand and of those times I never got the message "currently logged in" like I would in FFXI.
    The biggest difference is you could force yourself off in XI in a few ways, which was double-edged for obvious reasons. However I've personally never been stuck in limbo for 5-20min+ like i've had happen in XIV numerous times I get disconnected, even seen someone get stuck in limbo so badly we couldn't kick them out of the party because they "didn't exist", yet you can clearly see their name in the party menu and (???) on party bar.

XIV's setup is just really prone to serious breaks like that compared to XI. So yeah it happens in XI but in a different manner.

POL though, that is a different story.

As for complaint:

Motherfuckers need to realize, floor 51-100 is not 1-10, if you rush in and think you can face tank 8 mobs that actually hurt you..with no healer, you enjoy those deaths because I'm not touching anything and getting a KO count locking me out of 101-200 lol.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

How is that a problem in the first place?
    While floors up to 100 are related to the story of the Palace of the Dead, all floors after were created strictly as a challenge for players. For this reason, you cannot enter floors beyond 100 with a matched party.
    Furthermore, players must meet the following requirements to challenge these floors:

Start from floor 1 or floor 51 with a fixed party and clear up to floor 100.
    Party KO count must be zero.

Please be advised that the Party KO count will also increase in the event your party abandons the duty or logs out while inside the instance.
    Need a fixed party to enter, why would you then make a party without a tank and/or healer?

Also, even if you touched nothing, you're are probably still fucked. I am just assumming anything between abandon duty and log out also counts for the KO counter, like your scenario.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Is there anything viable for 100+?

I haven't really felt the need to post here much but damn, I was told today after the first boss of Aethero

"maybe, turn a cleaving boss away from ur grp. just a suggestion"

And I going mad here, what is he talking about? I admit I've never paid this guy much attention, he's such an incredibly shitty boss (chasing down targets as a melee isn't fun) but I've never seen him cleave before, even so I turn him away from thegroup on pull out of habit, then he starts jumping everywhere which is out of my hands, and then sometimes he does that massive conal aoe at the end.

I asked what attacks he was talking about:

"he just generally cleaves lol"

"his whole auto attacks"

Said the WHM and BLM

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

failed PotD at floor 100 with 3Dps & me healer. was fine until 50% until the amount of resurrectibg adds started slaughtering me. How do you stop them fromresurrecting?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

use the angel pomander skill on the corpses and they'll disappear