Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Unity concord     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Sarama :
    Same mechanics as Sarameya (add poison, Chainspell TP moves, Howls), can't tell much, it died fast with Astral Conduit Spinning Dive.

Shedu :
    Powerful Enthunder effect. Starts using Fulmination below 35%~, couldn't avoid it with terrain height, we used Vex, Attunement on mages. Hundred Fists multiple times. Hate becomes wonky during HF, not just a reset but doing damage seems to attract a lot more of hate. This NM gave us some trouble.

Thu'ban :
    Same mechanics as Tinnin (pop at 50% HP with one head, combo tp moves). Nerve Gas hits above 20' range.

We killed them with DNC + two SMNs as DDs and unlocked Tumult Curator objective, popped it for curiosity's sake :

Four chariot bosses + 6 adds.
    Accuracy was capped with Mads, Torpor and Hunter.
    Brainjack went through Vex+Attunement.
    Discoid does 10k distributed damage.
    Chariots have 120k~ HP, I think they TP move as soon they reach 1000 TP (a trait already present on the old PW). They don't hit hard. I could kite one easily, a melee should be able to tank one, PLD can probably hold everything.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Some additional information on Sovereign Behemoth -

There is a magic damage reduction that builds up for each element that I think is based on total magic damage taken from that element. Might also be based on number of casts (Dispel seemed to maybe affect darkness possibly, not 100% sure). The reduction will reset for all elements when Sovereign Behemoth uses Howl. Howl may also level it up (not 100% sure, based on the testimonials of others.) It might also just buff it's TP moves/spells, it can be removed using Dispel. It will only use Howl if you are front tanking it. Death can do very good damage to it. I was able to magic burst it for 52k although my set isn't finished yet (and I was gimping my MP badly by idling in PDT/MDT gear.) We didn't have an Idris Geo present either, and weren't using Vidohunir. I'm sure you can hit 99k Death on it, although you won't be able to use Aspir so you probably will want a few BLM to rotate through or some MP refresh. Either way you can probably win in 3 magic bursts using 1 Death only on each burst if you reset the resist between each (front tank until it howls then back tank).

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So whats the point of Sovereign Behemoth... Chance at d-ring from the box?

His drops otherwise look uninspired and crap.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Loricate Torque +1 is required if you want to cap PDT on BLM while using Wicce Sabots +1 (unless you have adoulin DT dring) and not switching out your weapon. The hides are also required for T3 Reisenjima NMs although you can buy them with 10k accolades too.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    Loricate Torque +1 is required if you want to cap PDT on BLM while using Wicce Sabots +1 (unless you have adoulin DT dring) and not switching out your weapon. The hides are also required for T3 Reisenjima NMs although you can buy them with 10k accolades too.
    There is a little room now for options but it's all not so fun:

- Gelatinous Ring +1 for -7PDT. Need -4PDT and good -MDT on Skirmish gear to compensate.
    - Merlinic Body has -2% PDT base and with epic luck could get another -4 on top I believe
    - WoC Grip

All the options aren't rly great compared to getting neck and grinding accolades.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I don't think it's worth using Gelatinous Ring +1. Merlinic aside, WoC grip is actually required too. If you can get -4% PDT augment (maybe up to -5% PDT?), I'd say the best set would utilize Loricate +1 and possibly Merlinic Body so you don't have to use WoC grip. Then again, you lose 2 refresh that way, so I dunno.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    So whats the point of Sovereign Behemoth... Chance at d-ring from the box?

His drops otherwise look uninspired and crap.
    Wait, you can actually get a d-ring from the box?

Campaign
    BG Level

Yes you can

Sea Torques
    BG Level

So, Tumult Curator...

Brainjack is a timed ability and can be resisted with Attunement+Vex but not always.
    Our kill order is : Discoid Chariot > Homing Missiles Chariot > Brainjack Chariot (kiting it on SMN) > Mortal Revolution Chariot. We can finish that phase in 4~5 min (DNC, DNC, SMN dds).

Second phase is Gulool, Gurfurlur, Medusa with 2 Mamools/Trolls/Lamias adds.
    They still have a very high resistance against Slashing (around -50%).
    Gurfurlur is a pain : lot of HP, Counter, Guard, Pleiades Ray (sort of Bad Breath AoE), get healed by Skillchains after Arcane Stomp... The two others aren't that terrible in comparison. 7:30~ with deaths was our best time on that phase.

Third phase phase is worse than expected. It's not normal Cerberus, Hydra and Khimaira mobs but Thu'Ban, Sarama and Shedu versions with 2 Bombs/Puks/Dahaks adds.
    We managed to defeat Khimaira quickly after getting a lucky !! proc but Hydra should be killed first because that 30' range Nerve Gas is horrible. PLD can super tank Cerberus+Khimaira+adds with Aegis.

Although it's a level 145 content, accuracy requirements are strangely not high. Melees can cap acc with just 1 Mad+Hunter and probably 0 buff with a high acc set.
    Attunement+Vex doesn't seems very effective past the first phase, at least it wasn't for moves like Pleiades Ray or Tyrranic Blare.
    Now if only our melees didn't have to tank 95% of the time... It's incredibly difficult for our PLDs to keep the hate, even my avatars can easily take it after just 1 or 2 BPs and this "problem" (which can be a good or a bad thing depending on the setup/strat) is present in all the UNMs battles... This enmity system is clearly not working like in Adoulin and Escha zones. Fortunately, not all the Tumult Curator's forms can hit very hard but it's still an annoying issue.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tachi View Post
    Although it's a level 145 content, accuracy requirements are strangely not high. Melees can cap acc with just 1 Mad+Hunter and probably 0 buff with a high acc set.
    Accuracy requirements get higher each phase, it seems. We capped phase 1 easily with just Blade Madrigal + Hunter's Roll; I pulled the classic Skudo and forgot to eat Sushi even. Sublime Sushi fixed accuracy for phase 2 (I don't remember if I had to add another 60-ish accuracy in gear) and I actually had to hop into "I have astronomical accuracy!" gear for phase 3. The jump from phase 2 to phase 3 definitely was noticable, because whatever gear set I had been in before was whiffing more often than not.

I wouldn't be surprised if content level had increased throughout the fight, e. g 119 -> 128 -> 135 -> 145.

Campaign
    BG Level

Might be a bit off topic but I can't think of any better place to ask.
    Anybody found a nice use for Tatenashi Haidate +1? They seem pretty meh-ish to me, can't find a place where it beats the current other options I have D:

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Final form :
    Spoiler: show

Very evasive (which seems to confirm the 119 -> 128 -> 135 -> 145 theory) but not to the point of being unable to hit it. Got it down to 80% before timing out.
    Curator spells : Curse, Bio IV, Blindga, Blizzard VI, Blizzaga V, Impact, Sleepga II, Flare II, Dispelga, Drain, Aspir.
    Lamps spells : Thunder V, Thundaga IV, Blizzard V, Blizzaga IV, Drain, Aspir, Poisonga III, Sleep II, Stun.
    Adds level up after Thundris Shriek.
    Aegis PLD could tank Curator+Lamps (Dream Shroud very useful) but the adds hit almost as hard as the Chariot NMs from the first phase now.
    Tumult Curator seems to have 700~800k HP with 12.

Thu'ban "gimmick" : Nerve Gas is always preceded by a dust cloud animation followed by Pyric / Polar Bulwark, this gives enough time to the mages to run away.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Thu'ban "gimmick" : Nerve Gas is always preceded by a dust cloud animation followed by Pyric / Polar Bulwark, this gives enough time to the mages to run away.
    Its the same for his normal version too, so thats nice!

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Old news, but the set up we used for Behemoth was RUN GEO GEO WHM SCH BLM. Tank from the back while BLM spammed different elements until their resistances were all capped, then tank the front until a howl goes off, resume tanking from the back and repeat. We were able to consistently kill it without resorting to using 1 hours.

Edrakali

Attempted Tumult Curator today with 6: PLD BLU BLU SCH GEO BRD. PLD held everything with aegis/phalanx/regen while rest of party pulled NMs one by one.

1st wave - Killed brainjack Chariot > the rest. Scherzo worked well against Discoid. Aegis PLD only takes 1200~ from Discoid if used on him alone.
    2nd wave - NMs here like to do debuff vomit moves similar to Bad breath, remedies helpful here. Did Lamia > Mamool > Troll. Lamia uses EES. Mamool can Mijin at low hp. Troll's Hundred fists can be dangerous if melee pull hate.
    3rd wave - highly suggest killing Hydra first, his Dahak adds can voidsong which can one shot a fully buffed Aegis PLD. Here is where we faced challenges since he can't be zerged easily due to physical shield move. Vex/attune works on Nerve gas.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    Old news, but the set up we used for Behemoth was RUN GEO GEO WHM SCH BLM. Tank from the back while BLM spammed different elements until their resistances were all capped, then tank the front until a howl goes off, resume tanking from the back and repeat. We were able to consistently kill it without resorting to using 1 hours.
    Can you (or someone) elaborate on this explanation?

When the RUN is tanking from the back are the support jobs also in the back or on the side? How exactly are you killing it? SCH + MB? Which Element for the SC?

Also, you mentioned BLM capping resistances. How do you know this has been achieved? Nuke single tier of each element until you're down to double digits? Or something else?

Thanks for your help and insight.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I got a +1 torque for each of my characters. Went THF/sam WHM RDM (me) + GEO GEO BRD w/ outside cor mules

Build tp + pop Sekk before pop + open with Bully > Rudra > SA/AC/Rudra, then build your aftermath if you have a good one, then beat it down until 60%. Make it Howl by swinging in front of it, then back to the rear. Throw all your JAs at it again and do as big a self-skillchain as you can, then beat it down. Do the same at 30%. Should die in 7-8ish minutes.

A strong barspell set is necessary, addle2 helps alot, Haste2, March2, Mad2, Mad1, Scherzo, usual geo bubbles. The biggest threat was a long stun + triple attack w/multiple crits. Mages sometimes died to kick out, even in full pdt, but that's rare.

Its defense seems to go up with how long you beat on it, rather than solely time or solely hp. We wiped to it once, made it howl before everyone went down. Was a bit over a minute before I popped meditate + i.wing + sekk, did TARudra > SA/AC/Rudra and it took off over 10%, which is normal damage.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Shedu can be blue proc'd during Hundred Fists with a skillchain (takes usually 1~3 SCs). Blue proc inflicts Terror, cancels HF and breaks Shedu's wings. Shock Squall during HF is quite useful if melees have a hard time to survive more than 5 seconds while performing SCs.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ihina View Post
    I got a +1 torque for each of my characters. Went THF/sam WHM RDM (me) + GEO GEO BRD w/ outside cor mules

Build tp + pop Sekk before pop + open with Bully > Rudra > SA/AC/Rudra, then build your aftermath if you have a good one, then beat it down until 60%. Make it Howl by swinging in front of it, then back to the rear. Throw all your JAs at it again and do as big a self-skillchain as you can, then beat it down. Do the same at 30%. Should die in 7-8ish minutes.

A strong barspell set is necessary, addle2 helps alot, Haste2, March2, Mad2, Mad1, Scherzo, usual geo bubbles. The biggest threat was a long stun + triple attack w/multiple crits. Mages sometimes died to kick out, even in full pdt, but that's rare.

Its defense seems to go up with how long you beat on it, rather than solely time or solely hp. We wiped to it once, made it howl before everyone went down. Was a bit over a minute before I popped meditate + i.wing + sekk, did TARudra > SA/AC/Rudra and it took off over 10%, which is normal damage.
    I mean this is kinda laughable with how stupid easy this fight is with the gear creep but your fights should be something closer to 2-3 minutes if you are actually proc'ing white on it. That or about a minute if you bother to one hour.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Sovereign Behemoth's defense (or maybe some PDT buff) goes up with time but Howl does reset it. If you don't have the means to zerg it within a few minutes or proc it, it may be good to trigger a Howl every now and then or you will time out.