• Navigation
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 24 of 24
  1. #21
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10,421
    BG Level
    9

    But anyways, I say go Sharepoint if you can. Plenty of jobs and they pay extremely well. A lot of them you can even do remotely which is a plus if you don't wish to move.

  2. #22
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    11,390
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Totien View Post
    Meh. I wouldn't be where I am without my A+. I'll continue to read on up the HIT-001 but I think having a MCITP would open more doors. Any recommended downloads for study material? I seem to remember a program called Labs...omething that I used going thru school. It had rediculous actors which made the content pretty memorable. Helpful reviews and feedback as well.
    CBTnuggets might have some stuff, check for vce dumps too. Can also check out a few sources for study guide books and more. Shoot me a PM if your search endeavors don't turn up a good amount and i can probably hook you up with my own sources.

    But anyways, I say go Sharepoint if you can. Plenty of jobs and they pay extremely well
    They pay well because NO ONE wants to do Sharepoint haha. You commit to that shit, its all you're gonna be doing...FORRRREVVVVER. It's like getting into Database stuff, you are condemned to DBA for life haha.

    Every job I have had has tried to use sharepoint and cried for a sharepoint dev when it crashed and burned from the initial set up.

  3. #23
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    28,647
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    Seconding Sharepoint. Was trying to get the Sheriff's Office to pay to send me to a MS Training class in Sharepoint since the person they sent before managed to forget everything he learned and my manager had to take a crash course in it.

  4. #24
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10,421
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    CBTnuggets might have some stuff, check for vce dumps too. Can also check out a few sources for study guide books and more. Shoot me a PM if your search endeavors don't turn up a good amount and i can probably hook you up with my own sources.



    They pay well because NO ONE wants to do Sharepoint haha. You commit to that shit, its all you're gonna be doing...FORRRREVVVVER. It's like getting into Database stuff, you are condemned to DBA for life haha.

    Every job I have had has tried to use sharepoint and cried for a sharepoint dev when it crashed and burned from the initial set up.
    It's like anything else though. Get it setup right the first time and you won't have to fuck with it until you have to update it. With Sharepoint you'll have 3 levels: Admin, Engineer, and Architect. Same thing with Exchange.

    In your helpdesk role are you able to do Active Directory type stuff at all?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2