+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Does this game has the same failure as Unity?, in the sense that you have locked chests, that you need to play the mobile version to unlock?

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Does this game has the same failure as Unity?, in the sense that you have locked chests, that you need to play the mobile version to unlock?
    Not from what I've seen no. I'm absolutely loving it so far. The free downloadable mystery missions (at least on ps4) are amazing. There's a big twist in the last one too!

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

From the website that cannot be linked:
    On a shareholders meeting call today Ubisoft implied that week 1 sales of Syndicate were shit and they blamed it on the bad PR they got with the botched Unity release. However, word of mouth and the lack of game destroying bugs that were present in Unity led week 2 sales to be in line with that of Black Flag, which did huge business by the end of the year.*

*Not mentioned was whether or not the numbers of Black Flag were skewed or not because of Black Flag being included in so many console bundles.

Maybe they should stop making formulaic pieces of shit and wasting artist talents from trying to milk the series for all its worth?

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by notorious bum View Post
    Maybe they should stop making formulaic pieces of shit and wasting artist talents from trying to milk the series for all its worth?
    I dunno, this one has been pretty fun. Reminds me a lot of Brotherhood.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

From the website that must not be mentioned:
    Ubisoft confirms no new Assassin's Creed game in 2016. Negative backlash from Unity and disappointing sales of Syndicate has led the company to give the franchise a year off in an effort to "give the brand a new dimension".

I think this is for the best for the franchise but also disappointing at the same time because Syndicate really is a good game, much much much better than Unity, but the negativity from Unity's botched launch is long lasting. Also worth mentioning is that Syndicate faced a lot of competition this holiday season from Fallout 4, Black Ops 3, SW Battlefront, etc.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Thank god. This is something they should've done years ago.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

im down with skipping a year

they totally need to bring back the current time storyline. I've always been salty over desmond

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

On the contrary, they need to ditch the current timeline completely. Or keep it to a minimum like Black Flag did.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Honestly, I'm having a really hard time getting into Syndicate... after sequence 3 the entire map opens up, or so it seems, and it's just too much in my opinion.
    The story isn't grabbing my interest like previous AC games have, either .

I wouldn't mind if they take an extra year to reassess what is going on and make the series better again.

And yes, they need to have a prominent present-day storyline in my opinion.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

They need to bring back the adversarial multiplayer

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso View Post
    Honestly, I'm having a really hard time getting into Syndicate... after sequence 3 the entire map opens up, or so it seems, and it's just too much in my opinion.
    The story isn't grabbing my interest like previous AC games have, either .

I wouldn't mind if they take an extra year to reassess what is going on and make the series better again.

And yes, they need to have a prominent present-day storyline in my opinion.
    Keep playing, something pretty neat happens. I won't spoil, but go investigate the eastern edge of the Thames after completing Sequence 5. You'll see it.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

i have had this for a few months but still havent played it. do i need to have finished unity to have a story continuity to this one? or is it basically a stand alone like black flag was

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Syndicate stands on its own well enough. Your modern day character is the same one from Unity, and there will be some references to a Sage that appeared in Unity (Sages were introduced in Black Flag so if you've played that you won't be totally in the dark) but for the most part Unity is ignored by Syndicate and this is a very good thing, because Unity sucked. If you played Black Flag and/or Rogue you should be fine to jump in.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Okay, I beat it. It was a million times better than Unity, and is definitely a step in the right direction, but there's still so much left to be desired from a story/modern day standpoint... idk. At least the battle system is fun and playable again, though.

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I enjoyed Syndicate, and while it was a million times better than Unity, nothing in the game really popped out to me as something awesome/memorable. It looks great, the brother/sister tagteam was cool, and the idea of building up your gang was new and different. A year off will probably be good for the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by bori View Post
    Is Unity really that bad - even now after all the fixes? I'm slow as molasses when playing these games (I love them to death, I can't get enough of the playstyle, and I am one of those 'get everything possible' type of players). I started AC3 a while ago, and just about to finish it - really excited for AC4 based on what I'm hearing.
    speaking of AC3, how do you even manage to get it working? ;; i've tried for 4 days, after 10-30 minutes it crashes and half the time refuses to run again until i validate steam files. it will find one corrupted file, fix it, i can replay it... and it does the same thing afterward, just a sudden freezing while playing and have to ctrl + alt + del to close the application. 16G RAM, 8 G GPU, i7 quad core... i should be smashing this game on max and i am, 60 fps except in cutscenes (for some reason it goes down to mid 40s then)

Right now its simply unplayable for me because half the time i'm trying to do a mission and crash in the middle of the objectives before i can even reach the next checkpoint.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

a p. sweet dude