Closed Thread
Page 60 of 133 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 110 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragonball Z (2015)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

My point wasn't described at all but I meant that yellow won't happen much now gonna be mostly black to blue now ( except trunks I guess )

Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Spoiler: show
    Wow, Pan is a prodigy.

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Every generation gets there at a younger age. Pan's child will shoot out of her flying directly.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Bulma saggy breasts confirmed.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I don't know how I feel about Vegeta being such a bitch. It's weird to see him in a fearful state of mind.

Piccolo is awesome lol.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Figured this was the best thread to post this.

With the announcement of Xenoverse 2 I went on a binge watching everything from the greatest moments of DBZ/GT, to fanmade work in Absalon. While watching all of this there was one lingering thought in my mind; how does god ki play in all of this? Obviously I mean SSJ God and SSJ Blue. Popular opinion is that GT sucked ass, and it did, but the golden oozaru and SSJ4 were both ideas developed from saiyan lore which I thought were bad ass at the time. So it's kind of sad to see those forms completely be disregarded as DB Super continues on. Especially considering the whole "god ki" nonsense seems more of an "outta of my ass pull" than anything GT had to offer.

Truth be told we have no idea what's stronger. SSJB or SSJ4? So tl;dr my question is this. Do you feel Toriyama was irresponsible in completely disregarding GT? Listen I get it, I really do. "It's mah franchise and I'm gonna do what I want to!" But GT despite it's flaws had a decade plus of gaining favoritism in regards to the saiyan forms. Shit just seems like George Lucas all over again.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

At this point in time of the story there's no really discussing how strong is what though, it's all a little impossible to do so about if you consider the stock/base abilities of each form, they don't offer anything besides just being flat out better (as we are told). In the old system we had SSJ which will wear the user down eventually, with SSJ2 replacing it with no immediate drawbacks or as a form of mastery, SSJ3 represented a form far stronger but with a time limit and recoil effects. Likewise SSJ4 also went with this.

In fact I would point out that with the choreograph/quality of Dragonball Super (and by extension, GT) everyone appears weaker than they were portrayed in the old series. I've not seen any of the tournament arc so far for now though so my view might be incorrect and that they've stepped it up since then, but I do not believe so (that Vegeta Final Flash bit also seemed weak or less dramatic then it should be; people had to add their own music!).

^ I would like to add here at this point it's not a nostalgia goggles moment for me here but the fights in the Beerus and Freeza arc in DBS really didn't feel impactful or powerful and I don't believe this to have changed that much in the tournament arc (I mentioned this already in some pages back, but I didn't correlate it with power levels)

However, the God KI thing seems logical in that during the Buu Saga we're introduced to the concept of higher Gods (Kaioshin/Old Kai) and they become tangled with the plot. So it was only natural to keep expanding on that I suppose.

The asspull here would be that SSJ God (Red?) would be needing that 5 saiyan aura thing, that made little sense. SSJB was much better in that regards and I saw it as power/aura/KI obtained while training with Whis; which still didn't make that much sense considering their training was just.... weird (but hey weirder things have happened, look at Gohan when he got his powers), and then off screen they trained so much in some weird dimension they got the power ups.

Oh, and to address SSJ4/GT, I liked the concept. I always thought the hair was cool. It was just held up by extremely bad choreography/fight sequences.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    Bulma saggy breasts confirmed.

Do what now?

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    Do what now?
    Watch the latest episode

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    Watch the latest episode
    Not the first episode it's been mentioned lol.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

This is the first one I noticed it then lol

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

It was initially brought up when Bulma visited the being who knows everything and you can only ask him a certain number of questions.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Goku's grocery list was amazing. Simply amazing.

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Do you feel Toriyama was irresponsible in completely disregarding GT? Listen I get it, I really do. "It's mah franchise and I'm gonna do what I want to!" But GT despite it's flaws had a decade plus of gaining favoritism in regards to the saiyan forms. Shit just seems like George Lucas all over again.
    To me an author should always have absolute rule over his own work and has no responsibility(although it might be appreciated)to acknowledge fanmade stuff. I mean GT is a professional work but still in a sense a fanfic.

Anyway I liked the monkey design.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

GT 4 lyfe!

Well that was almost a good filler until it was cut short. . .

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Holy fuck last EP just hyped me up way too much. Raging nerdboner is strong right now jesus. Don´t think I´ve ever been so excited for a DB EP ever since the show started.

I was a little surprised that Vegeta and Goku are THAT far ahead of even Gotenks SSJ3...

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    I was a little surprised that Vegeta and Goku are THAT far ahead of even Gotenks SSJ3...
    They shouldnt even be close in base form. Power levels are bullshit. blah blah