Closed Thread
Page 81 of 133 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 131 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragonball Z (2015)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    By the fact that they can travel to "parallel" universes, it means they can affect said universe. If that's the case then I'd imagine they all share the same timeline, just in different places of the multiverse.

That also means there's 5 versions of All-chan, I wonder if that'll come up at some point.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    This assumes that time trumps universes etc.

Additionally your second statement assumes that the King of All is bound to the principles of time while he could potentially exist in a realm outside of time, space, multiverses, etc.

edit: Is anyone even annoyed that Trunks traveling to the "past" essentially makes no sense? He's not really time traveling anymore, he's traveling through time and to a parallel universe at the same time. The branch off point was the androids if he traveled to the past while adding a few years to that he'd be in a state where the androids were still rampaging. . .

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Yes, that's why I gave up on it making sense. There's some connections to be made, but overall there's too much we don't know to bother doing anything except turning our brains off and waiting for a spirit bomb.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    turning our brains off and waiting for a spirit bomb.
    My first thought when you all started rambling about all this time travel/Kaioshin-Beerus stuff. Seriously, it's dragonball, not a book by Stephen Hawking.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    My first thought when you all started rambling about all this time travel/Kaioshin-Beerus stuff. Seriously, it's dragonball, not a book by Stephen Hawking.
    Let us enjoy our rambling about multi-verses etc.

Question: In DC does the multi-verse share the same time line? IE: is it 2016 in all the universes at the same time?

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

A: Yes, DC Universes all move along the same timeline. The Marvel multiverse does not, though.

http://mangastream.com/r/dragon_ball_super/015/3635/1

The timing of the Kai reveal makes 10000000000000x more sense. So it seems that U7 is still U7 but parallel (at least so far).

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Haven't started the anime yet. Is it around where the manga is now still?

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Think its passed the manga

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Manga has been playing catchup for a while now. Albeit, each chapter covers a few episodes of the show so it's not far behind

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Spoiler: show
    What the hell just happened? Like...I`m not sure if I´m really pissed off or not but...what the fuck? I´m pretty sure I´m more pissed off at DB than I´ve been in a long ass time.

Quote Originally Posted by Virg View Post
    What the hell just happened? Like...I`m not sure if I´m really pissed off or not but...what the fuck? I´m pretty sure I´m more pissed off at DB than I´ve been in a long ass time.
    Well we knew part of that was going to happen but the dbz level power up is pretty redic.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    Well we knew part of that was going to happen but the dbz level power up is pretty redic.
    I don´t know man but unless they come up with a really solid explanation (yeh..right) for this bullshit, it´s just bad fucking writing and borderline insulting. Actually getting more pissed off the more I think about it.

Edit: Also, even IF they manage to pull something reasonable out of their asses...
    X-ing off Vegeta as SSJB within 30 seconds and then Goku ONCE AGAIN being magically able to hold his own (even though admittedly having some trouble), after it´s been hammered the fuck home for EP after EP that Goku and Vegeta are pretty much equal in power in DBS, is just a slap in the face to all the fans who´ve been waiting for a "Vegeta moment" ever since he joined forces with the Z team. Not like they haven´t done that over and over allready and just recently with the events of Return of F and the fight against Hit in the Multiverse Tournament.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Got around to watching Resurrection F (ya, late, I know), and I just realized that the technique Trunks tried to use on Cell, is a similar technique Master Roshi uses whenever he needs to fight in the movies. Except his is better, because not only does he become stronger, he also becomes faster too. His power level may still make him a scrub, but he's still better at doing things then just about everyone else but Goku.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Well that episode confuse the hell out of me, but the aberation is that

Fuck man Yajirobe is alive

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

This shit is so stupid.

Listen. I fucking get it. It's the Goku show. But there's absolutely no fucking reason Vegeta gets dusted in a minute. Shit is so god damn lame.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    This shit is so stupid.

Listen. I fucking get it. It's the Goku show. But there's absolutely no fucking reason Vegeta gets dusted in a minute. Shit is so god damn lame.
    Exactly. Also
    The level of power up Black recieved is just fucktarded. It´s worse than any power up ever in the history of DB. Hell not even GT power ups were that ridiculous. Mfer struggled against SSJ2 and then 2 episodes later he deletes SSJB Vegeta within 30 seconds? Get the fuck outta here lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    This shit is so stupid.

We've always known this, but every new enemy we hold out hope that someone else will be useful.

Maybe there's still time but I doubt it.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Mad about Vegeta being chumped is fine but bitching about Black's powerup is just silly. It's DB. You knew this was coming.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Virg View Post
    Exactly. Also
    The level of power up Black recieved is just fucktarded. It´s worse than any power up ever in the history of DB. Hell not even GT power ups were that ridiculous. Mfer struggled against SSJ2 and then 2 episodes later he deletes SSJB Vegeta within 30 seconds? Get the fuck outta here lol...
    Well I'm sure he wasn't nearly as strong as is he is now, but neither of them were using full power in the first fight. They were toying with each other. Remember when Goku asked him to use his full power and he said there's no need to rush things. So we don't know how much he powered up. We don't know how strong he was before this moment.

That said, Vegeta getting dusted is standard. That's just the territory that comes along w/ the show. Vegeta shows Goku what the main threat is (For hit it was time stop. For Black it was this blade beam) so that Goku doesn't get destroyed by the same shit

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    Vegeta shows Goku what the main threat is (For hit it was time stop. For Black it was this blade beam) so that Goku doesn't get destroyed by the same shit
    And anytime the opposite holds true (like Goku going first against Golden Frieza) Vegeta wrecks shop. You guys can get salty - I do too - but that's Japan, baby. Land of the tropes. There may be no "childhood friend" tropes here, but there's certainly the "whoever fights first, gets bodied" trope.