Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 LastLast
Results 761 to 780 of 807
  1. #761
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,155
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    Quote Originally Posted by Gadritan View Post
    Have you ever bothered to look at Joe's record?

    Try it.

    Then start looking at how he fared vs the rest of the league during that time vs Brady in this era. How many years did they each lead in passing yrds, TDs, etc. How close was the competition?

    I'm assuming you were too young to have watched him play. Whenever you have some spare time watch as many of those games as you can.

    At the end of all that, if you still think Tom even has a chance to be considered #1 over Joe then idk wtf to say.
    What record? His W/L?

    Also, I have to side with Belichick on stats. Stats are for losers. Final score is for winners. Didn't Peyton set some sort of completion record in the Superbowl last year during his outright pathetic performance? Every individual football game is a story and the stats do not tell that tale. They're better for fantasy football than actual football.

    Joe also had Jerry Rice his entire career. If Brady had Moss forever the stats would be a more fair comparison... maybe.

    Stats leave a lot to be desired. Peyton is the King of Stats and we've already established he is not anything remotely close to the GOAT. If Aaron Rodgers played in a dome instead of on a field of tundra his stats would be insane. The same could be said for Tom.

  2. #762
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,155
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    Quote Originally Posted by Gadritan View Post
    3 SB MVPs. Most career postseason TDs. Most postseason 300+yrd games. Highest career SB passer rating.

    He did more than Brady in fewer appearances.

    Again, it's not even close.
    Hmm, I actually didn't realize Joe has the record for most post season TD's. That's crazy.

  3. #763
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,155
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    Drinkin' chocolate milk on New Years is OG.

  4. #764
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,871
    BG Level
    10

    Montana led the league in passing yards...0 times. In passing TDs twice...once with 17 TDs. Passer rating...twice. He's an all time great, but let's not pretend that he dominated his era statistically.

  5. #765
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,871
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaLotter View Post
    Aaron Rodgers played in a dome instead of on a field of tundra his stats would be insane. The same could be said for Tom.
    Rodgers' stats are insane regardless. No one touches him statistically period.

  6. #766
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,703
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

    rodgers only good because of the mccarthy's system

  7. #767
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,155
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    Rodgers' stats are insane regardless. No one touches him statistically period.
    Well, Peyton does, but the eye test says Rodgers is a bad ass and Peyton is a stat-compiler benefiting from a lot of talent. I can not count the number of times in the last two years that I've seen Peyton throw a two yard dump off to a a receiver who then breaks three tackles and takes it 60 yards to the house. Afterwards the announcers start circle jerking about how amazing it was.... on Peyton's behalf.

    Rodgers numbers are much more well earned. What I'm saying is, yes, his stats are off the charts, but he also isn't a stat-padder like Manning and Brees. He's far more legit, and if he played elsewhere with better conditions, they would probably be even better.

    Now let's see what he does in the post seasons. He has one ring. As has been noted, anyone can get one.

  8. #768
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,703
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

    damn, do we have any rodger's dick riders in here that that would have even pissed off?

    English

  9. #769
    I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    39,669
    BG Level
    10

    why are you guys doing this to yourselves, lol

  10. #770
    I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    39,669
    BG Level
    10

    if bregor or someone else doesn't get a thread up by tomorrow ill make one and give you my usual retarded analysis

  11. #771
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Actually, the closest person to Rodgers is Romo.


  12. #772
    Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    58,134
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    Quote Originally Posted by Spaghetti View Post
    if bregor or someone else doesn't get a thread up by tomorrow ill make one and give you my usual retarded analysis
    I was thinking the same thing

  13. #773
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,871
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaLotter View Post
    Well, Peyton does, but the eye test says Rodgers is a bad ass and Peyton is a stat-compiler benefiting from a lot of talent. I can not count the number of times in the last two years that I've seen Peyton throw a two yard dump off to a a receiver who then breaks three tackles and takes it 60 yards to the house. Afterwards the announcers start circle jerking about how amazing it was.... on Peyton's behalf.

    Rodgers numbers are much more well earned. What I'm saying is, yes, his stats are off the charts, but he also isn't a stat-padder like Manning and Brees. He's far more legit, and if he played elsewhere with better conditions, they would probably be even better.

    Now let's see what he does in the post seasons. He has one ring. As has been noted, anyone can get one.
    I'm not talking about counting stats, no one gives a shit about who can play the most seasons.

  14. #774
    I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    26,197
    BG Level
    10

    Ya'll niggas should have had better shit to do on new years eve.

  15. #775
    Shootin' rocks at monsters
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,693
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaLotter View Post
    What record? His W/L?

    Also, I have to side with Belichick on stats. Stats are for losers. Final score is for winners. Didn't Peyton set some sort of completion record in the Superbowl last year during his outright pathetic performance? Every individual football game is a story and the stats do not tell that tale. They're better for fantasy football than actual football.

    Joe also had Jerry Rice his entire career. If Brady had Moss forever the stats would be a more fair comparison... maybe.

    Stats leave a lot to be desired. Peyton is the King of Stats and we've already established he is not anything remotely close to the GOAT. If Aaron Rodgers played in a dome instead of on a field of tundra his stats would be insane. The same could be said for Tom.
    Montana won two Super Bowls without Jerry Rice. Young had Rice his whole career; Montana had him for about half of it.

    And Montana was never a statistical WTF. He was probably the best game manager in the history of the league, and arguably the smartest QB of any era. He had a great team around him-- I can't think of anyone who was part of a more complete team than Montana's 49ers-- but he legitimately made everyone better. Montana (and Starr, but especially Montana) are the reason that people talk about "intangibles". Yeah, he had bad games (hell, he was benched in the playoffs), but mostly, he routinely put his team in a position to win-- I think Elway's the only QB with more 4th quarter comebacks than Montana has (just think if Horseteeth were able to be on a complete team for more than 3 years of his career). Montana is, I think, the best QB ever, with Unitas and Brady fighting a tough fight for #2. Rodgers might be able to usurp them all.

    I'm a Broncos fan, btw, but I've maintained for years that Brady is far superior. If Tebow hadn't been the alternative, I probably would have opposed bringing Manning in, just because-- especially coupled with Fox-- it's going to set Denver back. Yeah, Denver has a better chance with Manning than without, but they aren't great odds in my book. Though, in fairness, Manning in the post-season is /not/ as bad as his reputation. True, some of it is skewed because of a few huge games (mostly vs. Denver and Kansas City in the early/mid 2000s), but his performance has generally been about on par with his regular season performances vs. strong teams. His /defense/ has tended to get exposed, and I do lay a lot of that at Manning's feat-- Elway, and now more recently Brady bent over backwards to help their teams with salary cap issues, so that they could get in talent to help them win. Manning, to my knowledge, has been all about the dollars. Manning would instantly enter my mind as truly caring if he told Denver, "Okay. Minimum wage for me, so long as you spend every dollar of my salary on bringing in defensive talent." I mean, he makes more from commercials than he does from the NFL, he KNOWS Denver is willing to pay the respect his contract gives... so go for broke, and give your team the resources to build the best /defense/ in the NFL.

    But he won't. He's not serious about Super Bowls; he's serious about stats (which is why he wants all the talent on offense), he's serious about money (How many commercials is the far more photogenic Brady in?), and he's serious about himself. Like I said: he beats the alternatives Denver could have, and he makes the regular season fun to watch, but I was not, and am not, excited about Denver's chances to win the Super Bowl with him there.

  16. #776
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,155
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    Quote Originally Posted by Marootsoobutsu View Post
    Montana won two Super Bowls without Jerry Rice. Young had Rice his whole career; Montana had him for about half of it.
    You're right. My mistake. I haven't thought about 80's football in a long time. Embarrassing.

    And Montana was never a statistical WTF. He was probably the best game manager in the history of the league, and arguably the smartest QB of any era. He had a great team around him-- I can't think of anyone who was part of a more complete team than Montana's 49ers-- but he legitimately made everyone better. Montana (and Starr, but especially Montana) are the reason that people talk about "intangibles". Yeah, he had bad games (hell, he was benched in the playoffs), but mostly, he routinely put his team in a position to win-- I think Elway's the only QB with more 4th quarter comebacks than Montana has (just think if Horseteeth were able to be on a complete team for more than 3 years of his career). Montana is, I think, the best QB ever, with Unitas and Brady fighting a tough fight for #2. Rodgers might be able to usurp them all.
    I'm big on intangibles, which is why I can't over praise Rodgers and still believe Tom Brady is the best quarterback in the league, even if its a minority opinion. Rodgers passes the eye test with flying colors, is nimble, mobile, and throws with pin point accuracy. He might be the most terrifying quarterback a defense can face in the 2nd quarter of a week #10 game, but the verdict is still out IMO on whether or not that remains true in the 4th quarter of a Conference Championship. I, for one, believe there's a difference, and don't believe that because he passes the eye test so spectacularly under normal circumstances that he's the man for that situation, which leads back to people like Montana, Brady, Elway, etc.

    This is where I disagree with a lot of football fans. They play fantasy football and I don't. They see nothing but stats. I see intangibles. People say Brady sucked against the Ravens in 2011. I see a QB, playing against a defense that historically gave him unique troubles, diving over the line for a TD, and nearly getting his back broken by Ray Lewis for the score. It wasn't pretty, but Tom's a warrior and a winner.

    I always refer to the 2011 run as Tom's "Elway season", because that defense was putrid and that team had little business in the Superbowl. It was dragged there, by Tom Brady.

    Elway is my #3 all time.

    I'm a Broncos fan, btw, but I've maintained for years that Brady is far superior. If Tebow hadn't been the alternative, I probably would have opposed bringing Manning in, just because-- especially coupled with Fox-- it's going to set Denver back. Yeah, Denver has a better chance with Manning than without, but they aren't great odds in my book. Though, in fairness, Manning in the post-season is /not/ as bad as his reputation. True, some of it is skewed because of a few huge games (mostly vs. Denver and Kansas City in the early/mid 2000s), but his performance has generally been about on par with his regular season performances vs. strong teams. His /defense/ has tended to get exposed, and I do lay a lot of that at Manning's feat-- Elway, and now more recently Brady bent over backwards to help their teams with salary cap issues, so that they could get in talent to help them win. Manning, to my knowledge, has been all about the dollars. Manning would instantly enter my mind as truly caring if he told Denver, "Okay. Minimum wage for me, so long as you spend every dollar of my salary on bringing in defensive talent." I mean, he makes more from commercials than he does from the NFL, he KNOWS Denver is willing to pay the respect his contract gives... so go for broke, and give your team the resources to build the best /defense/ in the NFL.
    Man... I'm shocked you're a Bronco fan. I really can't begin to tell you the last time I heard a Bronco fan say something intelligent (no offense). It's like wherever Manning goes, he puts something in the water that makes everyone stupid. It was stunning to see how fast Bronco fans instantly reverted into Orange-wearing Colt fans the moment Manning was signed. They repeat all Indy fans old, tired and ridiculous arguments, which most Colt fans don't even bother with anymore. I agree with absolutely everything you said, except for one key point: Manning's play off record.

    I've been watching Manning since he's entered the league and I've seen him lose to far too many Vegas underdogs in the 1st round. Sometimes he got straight up shut down, sometimes he ended the Colts season with a pick six. More than any of that, though, Manning is just a shit leader. Nobody can tell me that his pouting and sulking at the first sign of adversity doesn't rub off and help defeat his teammates.

    Have you seen the footage from last years Superbowl when Wes Welker was trying to rally some life back into your team on the sidelines? Wes was shouting "We're the best offense in NFL history! Rah Rah Rah, Rah Rah Rah." Where was Peyton? He was standing five feet off to the side with his hands in his warmer looking like he wanted to go home. That scene is the embodiment of Peyton Manning when shit gets real.

    I don't even think Peyton is necessarily a cold weather choker, or a big game choker. I think he chokes in the biggest moments when he's faced with adversity. If plan A fails, Peyton falls to pieces.
    But he won't. He's not serious about Super Bowls; he's serious about stats (which is why he wants all the talent on offense), he's serious about money (How many commercials is the far more photogenic Brady in?), and he's serious about himself. Like I said: he beats the alternatives Denver could have, and he makes the regular season fun to watch, but I was not, and am not, excited about Denver's chances to win the Super Bowl with him there.
    He was the same way at Indianapolis which is why I laugh at people who say he didn't win Superbowls because he lacked a defense, while simultaneously bragging about his stats. Of course, Superbowls are a "team accomplishments" and Peyton's stats are purely because of him, and had nothing to do with his receivers or his offensive line. He wasn't only surrounded by top tier offensive talent his entire NFL career, he also enjoyed the stability of that talent, where other QB's have had to make due with a new cast routinely.

    Anyway, to see so many Bronco fans referring to Peyton as the GOAT when Elway was a hundred times better makes me dislike your fan base, individuals aside.

    Good post!

  17. #777
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,196
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Wildcard playoff week: SATB is too lazy to make a playoff thread.

    (however he can make your shirts wrinkle free)

    http://www.gq.com/images/entertainme...-moty-2009.jpg

  18. #778
    Piece of shit Bruins fan

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,520
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

    Wildcard week: I hit my fiance because my fists were numb

  19. #779
    Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    58,134
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    Good thing you guys arent making the thread

  20. #780

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    9,355
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Quote Originally Posted by wipers View Post
    Wildcard playoff week: SATB is too lazy to make a playoff thread.

    (however he can make your shirts wrinkle free)

    http://www.gq.com/images/entertainme...-moty-2009.jpg
    I'd iron Giselle's clothing for her too.

Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 703
    Last Post: 2014-10-30, 15:12
  2. Replies: 581
    Last Post: 2014-10-22, 21:00
  3. Replies: 627
    Last Post: 2014-10-15, 15:17
  4. Replies: 656
    Last Post: 2014-10-08, 11:59
  5. Replies: 646
    Last Post: 2014-09-30, 21:49
  6. Replies: 818
    Last Post: 2014-09-24, 23:20
  7. 2014-15 NFL Week 2: RATINGS WARRIORS
    By Mertron in forum Sports
    Replies: 902
    Last Post: 2014-09-16, 14:27
  8. Replies: 1458
    Last Post: 2014-09-10, 13:45