BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Who needs forged weapons when you have an unbreakable Sol Katti/Double Bow/Urvan/Bolting?

Unbreakable Bolting/Blizzard/Meteor was hilarious.
    When you get coins with Mt+3, some of em end up better (and sometimes you're a nut like me and take Edward and Mia both to endgame so only one gets SS weapon). I could gush all day about RD hard mode. I had a godly Edward that capped defense before promoting. Guy was a fucking brick wall. Even took Leonardo to endgame once. Probably the most babying I've done for anyone.

Unbreakable Brave (x) is also pretty fun.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Fucking Leonardo.

Hell, fucking Sothe's entire team.

Now I regret selling my copy of both PoR and RD.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    When you get coins with Mt+3, some of em end up better (and sometimes you're a nut like me and take Edward and Mia both to endgame so only one gets SS weapon). I could gush all day about RD hard mode. I had a godly Edward that capped defense before promoting. Guy was a fucking brick wall. Even took Leonardo to endgame once. Probably the most babying I've done for anyone.

Unbreakable Brave (x) is also pretty fun.
    Mt+3 was good but the extra stat gain on most SS weapons trumped it for Hard/Lunatic in my opinion. Especially the ones that gave SPD (and the RES+5 on Alondite is very usual for Endgame). I usually took Edward or Zihark with me as well, as long as you recruit Stefan in Part 4 you can give one of them Stefan's Sol Katti and the other one gets Alondite. You can also bring Titania (or any other Axe user, but I find Titania is usually the tankiest one I have at that point. Sometimes I take Jill as well) to get Urvan blessed and then pass it off to Ike so he has Ragnell and Urvan. If you take Edward you could even swap the Sol Katti for his Caladbolg, but I usually prefer the crit rate on Sol Katti to the 10 LUCK the Caladbolg gives him.

With some luck on Edward's level-ups he can end up being better than Mia. What's always fun is capping out Volug though, who ends up basically a Laguz Royal without the free transformations. Give him the Beastkiller scroll in the swamp level and watch him go ham with his mad kick-boxing skills.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I always just gave Haar a tomahawk to be blessed for endgame and watch him solo all the maps. Doesn't really work in harder modes but it's hilarious in easy.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Mt+3 was good but the extra stat gain on most SS weapons trumped it for Hard/Lunatic in my opinion. Especially the ones that gave SPD (and the RES+5 on Alondite is very usual for Endgame). I usually took Edward or Zihark with me as well, as long as you recruit Stefan in Part 4 you can give one of them Stefan's Sol Katti and the other one gets Alondite. You can also bring Titania (or any other Axe user, but I find Titania is usually the tankiest one I have at that point. Sometimes I take Jill as well) to get Urvan blessed and then pass it off to Ike so he has Ragnell and Urvan. If you take Edward you could even swap the Sol Katti for his Caladbolg, but I usually prefer the crit rate on Sol Katti to the 10 LUCK the Caladbolg gives him.
    Had to check how close forges get to SS weapons if you happen to have MT+3 (pretty rare coin bonus): Sword is equal to Vague Katti (minus the 3 def) and MT+1 would be equal to Alondite (minus the def and 2-range). Lance is inferior by 1, Axe is equal (minus 3 res), Bow is inferior by 1 (more like 4 compared to Double Bow and if you're taking more than one bow user you're probably weird), and all the tomes are inferior to Rex-whatever.

Since nobody I take to endgame is ever weak enough to care about their durability (just the dragons they force on you mainly), I'm not totally concerned about the defensive stats and besides, don't you want to murder gods and dragons with a pink sword?

I actually give Oscar a forged bow for his blessed weapon sometimes since Neph has the SS spear, he can't use SS bow, and it's +2mt higher than silver lance. Even though I always use Oscar, I have never done triangle attack in RD. I can't bring myself to use Rolf or Boyd because I always use Shinon and Nolan.

And god yes, Haar.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

On Normal mode it doesn't matter too much who you take to Endgame or what you give them to get blessed (and there's some hilarious shit you can do with blessed Brave weapons or Bolting/Meteor/Blizzard/whatever the Dark one is called), but on Hard only Ike, the Swordmasters, Nephenee, the Royals, probably the Hawks and the Raven chick, Volug I think, maybe Tormod with Rexflame -I can't remember if the 5 SPD puts him over- and the Snipers can double the Auras (and most of the other shit in there except some of the Generals), so whoever else you have tends to need the bonus stats. Haar gets dumped on in Hard because of his shit SPD cap of 36 (or is it lower? I forget, it's been a while) gets him doubled by nearly everything, and Jill isn't much better off. Oscar and Titania are slow but they're tanky enough that you can use them to kill adds in the final phase and just spam the field healing staff with Elincia/Myst.

Basically on Hard I bring people to equip the weapons I want the workhorses to use. Having someone to bless a Wyrmslayer for Ike to use on Dheginsaeh (however the fuck you spell it) is really helpful. Pro tip, equip any of your healers with an actual weapon. You can't bless Staves and if they have one equipped they won't get anything blessed. Elincia and Myst can both equip a sword to help Ike out, or on lower difficulties just bless Elincia's special sword for lulz.

Volug is my nigga though. Rolf is pro if you give him a chance. Fuck the Berserkers in general.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Elincia is actually pretty strong in RD especially if you capped her in PoR and transfer the data. But her low STR usually just means she'll hit things 4x for 0 damage or something in harder modes lol. She also almost never gets hit by anything. I always use Rolf in both games. I think a lot of people just stick with Shinon since he's the first sniper you get but I didn't like not having an archer/sniper for half the game and Rolf's stats can be better than Shinon's depending on growth luck. Who cares if he's only 10 or whatever. I always used Volug too. He's a lot of work to make him useful in endgame but I always thought it was worth the effort because wolves. You can just give him 5 laguz gems for the endgame chapter but you'll need a lot of laguz stones/olivi grass for the chapters before that since halfshift nerfs his stats too much outside of Part 1.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

http://gematsu.com/2015/05/fire-embl...eapon-triangle

Weapon triangle is getting some changes too. From the way Famitsu seems to phrase it, swords + magic are a pair and beat axes + bows, which beat spears + concealed weapons which then beat swords + magic.

Concealed weapons were mentioned with a Maid, Butler and Ninja class. They generally will provide additional effects like status or Stat reductions.

Little bit of info on weapon durability too. Staves will retain durability, but other weapon types will not. To conpensate, weaker weapons like a bronze sword will carry bonus stats like critical evasion, while stronger weapons may have accuracy penalties.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Hmm, part of me hopes that's just a mistranslation and that those are two separate weapon triangles that don't affect each other. Axe users generally already have the lowest RES, no need to make things worse.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

They could be reformatting stats too to go along with it? I dunno, but I agree with your sentiment.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Looking back, I kind of hope they tweek the game's difficulty a bit. I'm not sure if I just sucked, but I felt like FE:A at the start was pretty brutal, but after a certain point it became pretty damn easy, especially if you wanted a bit to recruit the children.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I can't remember if they said the team-up mechanic from Awakening is returning. If so, maybe its a way to think about who you pair up with in a more strategic manner. Maybe the best pair for a certain fight isn't your highest ranked companion but someone that compliments your weakness.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nama Kemono
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

If i recall right pair ups are coming back but are being toned down a little and that enemies can pair up as well. I might be wrong about that part though.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

I believe I've heard that as well.

So now you can imagine not only are you killing a soldier, but you're breaking up a couple/friendship. And then killing the other half..

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

The fucking nightmare that will be Lunatic+ with paired enemies.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Castle Builder

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Waifu petting ala Pokemon. Chari alone is gonna buy 5 copies.

This'll sell millions. The waifu wars rage on.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Cherche for life. None other can compare.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Cherche for life. None other can compare.

Dem abs doh.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

She'll do.