Page 180 of 754 FirstFirst ... 130 170 178 179 180 181 182 190 230 ... LastLast
Results 3581 to 3600 of 15068
  1. #3581
    Electric Six groupie
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,451
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyreth View Post
    Good luck on getting enough power out there to fuel that insatiable urge for water across the Middle East when many countries are having regular brownouts as it stands, never mind including the demands desalinating enough water to meet the demand properly would cause.

    Barring a heavy investment in nuclear power (like the West is gonna allow that, HA HA HA), there isn't enough in the Middle East's power generation grid to fix that problem.
    Again, the only way to sustain in areas like the Middle East they are going to have to re-centralize near fresh water sources (you know, like how civilization began) and not spread out over irrigable and agricultural land. Denser cities mean more farming available closer to natural fresh water sources (whether rivers, lakes or major aquifers). Oh no, I said that voodoo word, density. I guess we're fucked because it's not government you need to worry about, it's the general populous' uneducated and frightened mindset of the built environment.

  2. #3582
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    10,330
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    Doesn't ISIS get most their money from Oil and gas?
    Or from people in nations who got their money from oil and gas, yes. A really simple way to fuck the ME is to become energy independent/not use oil/gas (and hopefully coal at the same time)

  3. #3583
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,862
    BG Level
    10

  4. #3584

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    9,273
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    I love Elon and Tesla, but let's not pretend there isn't a significant release of carbon for manufacture of each battery. Still, it is less O&G-dependent, and I do support this notion to alter the political landscape in the ME, albeit at a glacial pace.

  5. #3585
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    10,330
    BG Level
    9

    Until the world is nuclear powered, that isn't happening. China is trying to do it, so is India. France has mostly done it. We are not, the rest of the EU/Russia is not. (Russia's economy largely depends on the 'not')

  6. #3586

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    9,273
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by VeganCrossfitWOWRaidKILLA View Post
    Until the world is nuclear powered, that isn't happening.
    I think we have some members in another thread working on that.

  7. #3587
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,862
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Roranora View Post
    I love Elon and Tesla, but let's not pretend there isn't a significant release of carbon for manufacture of each battery. Still, it is less O&G-dependent, and I do support this notion to alter the political landscape in the ME, albeit at a glacial pace.
    Let a brother open a gigafactory first yo

    http://www.teslarati.com/gigafactory...arbon-neutral/

    (and of course, whether something is carbon-neutral or not has nothing to do with whether it supports oil sales from the middle east)

  8. #3588
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,862
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by VeganCrossfitWOWRaidKILLA View Post
    Until the world is nuclear powered, that isn't happening. China is trying to do it, so is India. France has mostly done it. We are not, the rest of the EU/Russia is not. (Russia's economy largely depends on the 'not')
    Sweden does pretty well there too.

    http://www.world-nuclear.org/uploade...es_of_elec.png

    And yeah the US is pretty much 1/3rd coal (and dropping), 1/3rd natural gas (and rising), 1/3rd "other" (mostly nuclear and hydro) - but that's basically all domestic production. Transportation fuels are where we import, not for electricity.

  9. #3589
    Sho
    Sho is offline
    YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    11,975
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Carson can only go down I think. He has no Middle East policy. Post Paris debacle, it's gonna be a hard sell to not have one now.

  10. #3590
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,862
    BG Level
    10


    I love how much of this map is "unpopulated desert areas"

  11. #3591
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    10,330
    BG Level
    9

    I don't know about the area around Raqqa, but the Iraq section is basically just the Tigris and Euphrates which are the only places people really live.

    Edit: And HWY 1, which is the fastest route to Syria and not un-populated in its own right.

    Edit: The only I can think of that exist in the unpopulated zones are Ba'qubah (Shia) and Haditha. Everything to the SE isn't really unpopulated, it's just Shia.

  12. #3592
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,862
    BG Level
    10

    The only thing worse than my sister getting sent to a mistake of a war, is seeing any good she did patching up injured soldiers as a medic in Mosul to be completely wiped out by the city falling to ISIS afterwards.

  13. #3593

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    21,988
    BG Level
    10

    thanks Obama

  14. #3594
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,862
    BG Level
    10

    Actually that's completely wrong, seeing her get sent to war was way worse than Mosul falling lol

  15. #3595

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    21,988
    BG Level
    10

    thanks Bush

  16. #3596
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    10,330
    BG Level
    9

    I had some good times in mosul man

  17. #3597
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    10,330
    BG Level
    9

    god we fucked those dudes up

  18. #3598
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,264
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by VeganCrossfitWOWRaidKILLA View Post
    I had some good times in mosul man

  19. #3599
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,862
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by VeganCrossfitWOWRaidKILLA View Post
    I had some good times in mosul man
    When were you there? She was there in 04-05.

  20. #3600
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    18,369
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    When were you there? She was there in 04-05.
    That time Church may have plowed your sister.

Page 180 of 754 FirstFirst ... 130 170 178 179 180 181 182 190 230 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. US Presidential Election: Fight of the Mirror Moderates (and Moles) 2012
    By Ragnus in forum Politics: Advanced Shitposting
    Replies: 3443
    Last Post: 2012-10-17, 16:57