Page 466 of 754 FirstFirst ... 416 456 464 465 466 467 468 476 516 ... LastLast
Results 9301 to 9320 of 15068
  1. #9301
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    70,570
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    2 precincts have been walked back in the Missou GOP results. Went from 100% to 99.9% just now.
    Same thing just happened on the Dem side. Incoming Recounts.

  2. #9302
    Corwens a slot
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,115
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    Same thing just happened on the Dem side. Incoming Recounts.
    Only really matters on the republican side. (From a delegate perspective) Dems are proportional anyway.

  3. #9303
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    22,448
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries
    1

    Looks like someone is berning out >:/

  4. #9304
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    18,369
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    The revolution that berns brightest berns itself out fastest

  5. #9305
    Kevin Chang
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,695
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Contrary to the straw man I’m confronted with daily, this is not about issues and not about overwrought accusations of sexism. I have absolutely no problem with people vehemently disagreeing with Hillary’s positions. I disagree with her on several things, from her AUMF vote to drones to fracking. I was upset by her comment on Nancy Reagan and AIDS and I’m glad she apologized for it. She is by no means perfect. No one is.

    But I won’t let the perfect be the enemy of the exceptional. And make no mistake, Hillary is an exceptional human being and an exceptional candidate. She is by far the best positioned in this race to advance the progressive agenda and she is nothing like the caricature painted of her.
    http://bluenationreview.com/i-sleep-...nding-hillary/

  6. #9306
    Corwens a slot
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,115
    BG Level
    7

    The only outstanding votes are in a area where Clintion is winning pretty handily.. Pretty crazy comeback though.

    Sounds like we won't find out until after Friday... if not longer since apparently absentee ballots can come in until noon Friday. These are the overall results of the actual voting today though, as they have stopped counting.

    Then any candidates can request a recount since the win was <1%.

  7. #9307
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    7,328
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Blubbartron View Post
    Not really. Teachers, generally speaking, should remain as neutral as possible in all things controversial (politics, religion, etc). They are meant to educate, not indoctrinate.
    Bullshit. They are not robots. There is a HUGE space between explaining who you voted for and why, and indoctrination.

  8. #9308
    Shootin' rocks at monsters
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,693
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    Bullshit. They are not robots. There is a HUGE space between explaining who you voted for and why, and indoctrination.
    No, teacher's shouldn't be getting into that, for a whole variety of reasons. Teacher's aren't there to give their opinion on morality, or on politics. Inform on the political process. Let kids know where individual politicians and parties stand-- this is fine. Point out hypocrisy and lies, or beneficial programs if you want to. But don't give your opinion. The first is explaining politics and letting the kid decide from there (or letting the kids hash it out), and the second is informing an opinion of which is preferable. Teachers have an enormous influence as is, and while they are entitled to their opinion on politics, I don't want them sharing it in the classroom, any more than I want them sharing their religion, their lifestyle, whatever. Teach about religions, fine. Teach about different lifestyles in the country, fine. But leave yours *out*.

    Besides that, teachers really don't need to invite that hell from kids who told mom and dad they picked the wrong candidate-- they have enough to deal with from helicopter parents without dealing with Trumpkin parents wasting even more of the teacher's time because she supports Sanders or Clinton or Cruz or whomever. That's not a headache they need, and it's one they not only will invite, but will absofreakinglutely face.

  9. #9309
    Kevin Chang
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,695
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    Bullshit. They are not robots. There is a HUGE space between explaining who you voted for and why, and indoctrination.
    Except that people have been using the classroom to push agendas for decades (for example abstinence only sex ed), so the safest thing is to keep it out of the classroom altogether. Remove the potential for abuse.

  10. #9310
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,603
    BG Level
    8

    Grade school political debates are the worst as it is; I can't imagine much good coming out of them if it involves arguing or "learning" about why their teacher chooses to vote one candidate over another.

  11. #9311
    Kevin Chang
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,695
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    I got called baby-killer for the entirety of Grade 8 because I was the only kid backing Gore in 2000 at my Catholic elementary school.

  12. #9312
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    34,959
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by notorious bum View Post
    Grade school political debates are the worst as it is; I can't imagine much good coming out of them if it involves arguing or "learning" about why their teacher chooses to vote one candidate over another.
    Grade school is the last place to argue politics. Save that for high school and college.

  13. #9313
    The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    15,071
    BG Level
    9
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    Honestly most of the kids didn't push it when I said that I didn't want to share who I voted for. It's enough that I voted. To me, it's important to model that action for the students which is why I got up early to go to the polls before school. Let them see that I take my civic duty seriously. Sure that invited questions, but once I said, "I don't share who I voted for," most of them left it alone. Some of the kids then had their own things to say. ("Feel the Bern," "Can't stump the Trump," etc.) but I just reminded them to move on and get back on task.

    Maroot is right though. I don't talk about religion or politics in public school. There isn't any place for it. The one time we had a discussion was because some kid wanted Trump to win, and the reasoning behind it was something racist that the student said. That, obviously, had to be addressed.

  14. #9314
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    34,959
    BG Level
    10

  15. #9315
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    12,467
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Gotta say, looking at that isidewith map shit looks pretty skewed towards bernie.

    Michigan was pretty blue, as well as Illinois.

  16. #9316
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,770
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    Bernie fans are young hip college kids that go to websites like isidewith and don't actually vote.

  17. #9317
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10,421
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    Bernie fans are young hip college kids that go to websites like isidewith and don't actually vote.
    Whhaaaaat, you mean that doesn't cooount? *every young person*

  18. #9318
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,770
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    This may be my favorite 2 minute cut of the 538 podcast.

    https://soundcloud.com/neil-duff-615...064k-mp3cutnet

  19. #9319
    Ninja Ninja
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,672
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...20855?cmpid=sf

    Boehner now supports the "Fuck the primary race, here's our candidate" option of Paul Ryan, changing his original endorsement of Kasich less than a week ago.

    http://www.nytimes.com/politics/firs...n-kasich/?_r=0

  20. #9320
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    15,635
    BG Level
    9
    Blog Entries
    101

    Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    I was looking at the BG thread from 2008 saying eerily similar things here and you know what? Obama lost the popular vote but cleaned house in delegates and I think the race wasn't even decided until June, after the majority of states had pledged.

    As small as I think Bernie's chances are or might seem, there's still a chance he could pick up steam if he doesn't drop out. That being said, realistically if he loses more than 30% of remaining delegates he's done.
    Assuming numbers stay where they are, Hilldog is up to 1,599 total delegates out of 2,383 needed. She only needs 784 more delegates (Sanders has 844 total, so she needs fewer delegates than Sanders has received to this point) or 33.8 percent of the remaining 2,322. So yeah, if Sanders can keep her at 30 percent or below, he'll win. Can he do that? At this point, I think we're somewhere between no and hell-no.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnus View Post
    http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...20855?cmpid=sf

    Boehner now supports the "Fuck the primary race, here's our candidate" option of Paul Ryan, changing his original endorsement of Kasich less than a week ago.

    http://www.nytimes.com/politics/firs...n-kasich/?_r=0
    I'm still not convinced they're going to have the option. Trump might still win out, or he might be the only one allowed on the ballot.

Page 466 of 754 FirstFirst ... 416 456 464 465 466 467 468 476 516 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. US Presidential Election: Fight of the Mirror Moderates (and Moles) 2012
    By Ragnus in forum Politics: Advanced Shitposting
    Replies: 3443
    Last Post: 2012-10-17, 16:57