Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 494
  1. #261
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    23,594
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    So all the leaforb stuff is untranslated on that jp wiki spreadsheet. Most of it is figure out able but the last one came out as "Pets Moksha" any clue?

  2. #262
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,251
    BG Level
    6

    Moksha is Subtle Blow in the JP-version.

  3. #263
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,094
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Now here's a fun bonus test... does the body care who is casting or who was casted on
    I actually tried that while I was testing earlier. I think it works like stoneskin gear. When I accessioned it, only the caster(who was wearing the augment gear) got the phalanx+. I didn't try having the other player accession it to the phalanx+ charater

  4. #264
    Campaign
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,633
    BG Level
    8

    I think SE is using the same model for all spells that are normally castable only on yourself (Stoneskin, Phalanx etc), whereas they allow the buff to affect the spell even if cast on other players only when such spell is naturally castable on others.
    Given this... I wonder if Phalanx+ gear works on Phalanx II? I assume it doesn't, but if it does then it's very much likely it will work everytime, whichever the target may be.

    Sadly we'd need a Helios/Telchine piece augmented with Phalanx+ to test it because, to my knowledge, there's no other item that augments Phalanx? (all the ones I can think of are either RUN or PLD exclusive)

  5. #265
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    23,594
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Martel View Post
    I actually tried that while I was testing earlier. I think it works like stoneskin gear. When I accessioned it, only the caster(who was wearing the augment gear) got the phalanx+. I didn't try having the other player accession it to the phalanx+ charater
    Technically that would still be the case of the person casting it being the person it was casted on. sch aoeing sometimes does weird things like only applying stuff to the actual target (like when you try to Manifestation a saboteur spell . So I was think more along the lines of phalanx II.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    I think SE is using the same model for all spells that are normally castable only on yourself (Stoneskin, Phalanx etc), whereas they allow the buff to affect the spell even if cast on other players only when such spell is naturally castable on others.
    Given this... I wonder if Phalanx+ gear works on Phalanx II? I assume it doesn't, but if it does then it's very much likely it will work everytime, whichever the target may be.

    Sadly we'd need a Helios/Telchine piece augmented with Phalanx+ to test it because, to my knowledge, there's no other item that augments Phalanx? (all the ones I can think of are either RUN or PLD exclusive)
    Um rdm is on Taeon... and rdm oboro weapon has +phalanx.

  6. #266
    Campaign
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,633
    BG Level
    8

    It would probably be cheaper/faster to get Oboro weapon to test it then lol
    Is Phalanx II still used these days?
    I'm a RDM noob, despite the small influence debuffs have in the current end-game, I'd be leaning towards meriting 2 of the merit debuffs rather than Phalanx II, no? Especially because I see Phalanx II hardly beneficial given how the average damage scaled up in the current FFXI, and how if a job needs phalanx, they can already cast it on themselves (PLD, RUN etc)

  7. #267
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    23,594
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    A better question is is rdm used these days? The answer is rarely and it's not for their exclusive debuffs. Really nowadays rdm merits are kinda meh. I suppose dia III is nice for when your doing rng pts and no cor to boost dia II (or you are stuck with idiot cors) but slow and para haven't mattered on anything that mattered since like what 75? Assuming this did work on phalanx II would be halfway decent if you actually put everything into it but yeah more of a novelty

  8. #268
    Campaign
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,633
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    A better question is is rdm used these days?
    Eh... if we're talking about ideal setups clearly the answer is a big huge "no".
    But I dunno, sometimes I feel I live in a different reality from people on these boards. Everybody seems to always have the perfect setup with perfect number of people and perfect jobs whatever they do.
    Sometimes that happens to me as well but it's kinda rare.
    Most of the time it's the struggle of creating viable setups with the available jobs people in your party have, or allowing that friend to tag along because he wants to play with you and you want to play with him etc.
    So in this reality yes, sometimes RDM finds a spot either becuase that certain member has no better option or because you want to make that certain guy (who's so adamant on coming RDM) happy.
    Think we've been using RDM pretty often in our 130 Incursion runs, as a debuffer/buffer/sleeper.

    Dunno, maybe it's just me who slowly and unawaringly shifted towards a slightly more social vision of the game rather than the hardcore paradigm I had in mind years ago...

  9. #269
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    23,594
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    After thinking about it more it would actually somewhat depend on who had to wear the enhanced gear. If it's the person being casted on it would actually potentially make it a bit stronger (assuming that person has +phalanx augments) as the cast cannot wear much +phalanx gear without sacrificing the skill that keeps it at the highest tier. So potentially assuming you could coordinate it and it works like that having your pld or run equip +phalanx gear while you equip full enhancing set would result in highest amount. Even funnier yet is can be boosted further with embolden while if the rdm did the casting it could counteract some of the -duration embolden causes. Oh the craziness

    Anyways yeah you also see rdms in rng pts and they do great in new skirmish. But it's not for there merits they are wanted it's things like ok healing and haste/flurry 2. Or sometimes to take the place of a stunner or sleeper or the rare occasion you need other debuffs

  10. #270
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    461
    BG Level
    4


  11. #271
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    712
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Quote Originally Posted by Marootsoobutsu View Post
    So, did test. My RDM's subjob only but it stopped 16 w/ Phalanx+ body on, and 16 w/ Phalanx+ body on only during the cast, 13 w/ Phalanx Body on after casting but during effect. Not surprised, but was bored and figured "Why not."
    Thank you Marootsoobutsu. Back to more alluvion skirmish for me for that 2nd set of taeon.

  12. #272
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    712
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    New Alluvion Skirmish Armor page was added to the wiki today. Anyone can also post their augments in there if they like.
    thanks for making it look better. I was wondering whether or not to make new Pet: buff pages so i left them as broken links.

  13. #273
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    5,360
    BG Level
    8
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

    Regen potency, phalanx potency, and enhancing duration are all the same slot? That's so shitty.

  14. #274
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    712
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    Regen potency, phalanx potency, and enhancing duration are all the same slot? That's so shitty.
    you're not going to get enhancing duration and phalanx potency on same set though so it doesn't even matter. enhancing duration is only on telchine (so far as we have seen at least) and phalanx potency is only on Yorium/Taeon (so far as we have seen at least).

  15. #275
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    275
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Had I knew 1hd and 2hd had different ranges! Out of curiosity right at the beginning when it starts the snoworb category it says pet with some numbers after it... pet what? Also it says 20 wsd for leaf slit on armor... that can't be right can it?
    as someone pointed out, yes that's 20 ws acc. sorry for the mistake. as for the snoworbs, i must've messed it up, but the augments should be from top to bottom: pet attk/rattk, pet acc/racc, pet evasion, pet mab, pet macc, and pet m.eva.

    IT at work blocks google drive so i can't fix it right now =/ sorry

  16. #276
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    275
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Quote Originally Posted by Karizo View Post
    copied the JP Wiki page for Alluvion Skirmish Augments and translated it roughly.

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...deU/edit#gid=0
    just for some clarification, the slots with "-" is what they "think" is not possible for the given equipments, while the blank ones are unconfirmed or untested.

    is there someone actively editing the augment page on bg-wiki? maybe we can work something out so we can try to integrate the stolen data from jp wiki into bgwiki, lol.

  17. #277
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    23,594
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Karizo View Post
    as someone pointed out, yes that's 20 ws acc. sorry for the mistake. as for the snoworbs, i must've messed it up, but the augments should be from top to bottom: pet attk/rattk, pet acc/racc, pet evasion, pet mab, pet macc, and pet m.eva.

    IT at work blocks google drive so i can't fix it right now =/ sorry
    Argh I'm an idiot I said snow but I meant leaforb snow is fine.

    Aside note I don't think I've seen any but has anyone seen any pdt and/or dt on any armor other than Yorium? And on Yorium what is the highest anyone has seen? When I saw these sets come out I was happy I might finally get decent acc in a tanking set on pld or run but they don't start with any and haven't seen much in augs so I tseems like no

  18. #278
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,094
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    -4% is the highest PDT I've seen on Yorium. And the hands have -2% PDT base, so potentially -6% PDT hands.

  19. #279
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    712
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    yea, there's a pic on ffxiah with -4% PDT on yorium. i just added PDT to the wiki.

  20. #280
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    23,594
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    So hands would be good pdt for pld maybe a couple others but the rest meh and nothing for run . Also the jp wiki has dt anyone seen that?

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Feb. 18 2015 Things broken by the update
    By Quixacotl in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 2015-03-07, 15:41
  2. Feb. 18 2015 Version Update!
    By vm0d in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 2015-03-06, 11:17
  3. Test: Campaign Rank Requirement Data Collection
    By BRP in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 2008-03-09, 19:45
  4. Mad Bomber data collection
    By mackerel in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 92
    Last Post: 2008-01-07, 11:12