• Navigation
Page 133 of 151 FirstFirst ... 83 123 131 132 133 134 135 143 ... LastLast
Results 2641 to 2660 of 3008
  1. #2641
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,293
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Unfortunately the setting doesn't preserve between views of the thread or even new pages within, and on my end winds up playing full volume every time.

    Anyway, simply trying to block the element wasn't working, so a bit deeper digging found the mp3 itself: https://cdn.bluegartr.com/woozie.mp3

    Do whatever in your adblocker and that should hard mute. You'll still see the player up top, though.
    Thank you.

  2. #2642
    Kevin Chang
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,680
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Trying to tank in my midcore shell vs. tanking in TribeFTW or iZerg were dramatically different experiences. Even the worst healer I had to deal with in any HNM shell I was in was better than the healers I had in non-HNMLS shells or shout groups (lolVoidwatch, lolAbyssea farming). Going from having to ask for every -na, asking for refresh and haste, getting overlapping cure bombs leading to blown MP pools so people are resting and I'm dipping into the red before a heal vs. actually being able to tank and not worry that one single shadow wipe TP move into a double attack means a group wipe.

    Same goes for when I was doing the healing. Tanks that were always getting smacked vs. tanks who could manage shadows, heal themselves, use stun to set up their own shadows. etc.

  3. #2643
    Cardiac Cat
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,604
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

    You talk a lot about later additions and expansions. I'm guessing you missed the boat on prime HNMLS era. That would make a lot of these ridiculous arguments make more sense.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  4. #2644
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,083
    BG Level
    10

    Yo all I see is a man talking about his addiction like it didnt negatively affect his life like all addictions do. You were addicted to a game, found the peak gear which is only marginally better than other things in the game, and found a way to exclude a large population of the server from it for no other reason than the devs put a shit drop rate on the items.

    Imagine putting up with this from a heroin addict talking about how great this drug is because it alleviates his leg pain and he can do all these activities he couldn't do before with a less noticable limp and so what if his teeth are loose and he had to pawn his TV the other day...like cmon man were calling this out for what it is. A shit system to address a real issue in creating content for a MMO. This took it to one extreme, abyssea took it to another, and you're pissed because when pendulum swung the other way you were left with shit value for the effort you put in. Which is hilarious because the reason people never did kings was cause the value for the gear was so low, not cause the gear wasnt great, but because people like you botted or otherwise cheated to maintain the artificial barrier of entry to the content. Dont give me your patch nonsense either; post patch cheating was just different than pre-patch. Dont try and convince us yall werent trying to get the one up in every way or form.

    You were addicted to a game, found a way to prove and assert your dominance to your addiction, and got pissed when your dominance was eroded by progress not to your liking. It's not that great a story.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

  5. #2645
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,685
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Not that my memory is any indication cause I was on a lot of drugs back then, but TribeFTW and iZerg was like.. around the time of WOTG?

    And man, I have never really agreed with Salodin in anything, but +1 on that shit.

  6. #2646
    Cardiac Cat
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,604
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

    Ya. Like, idk who those LS were and I was plugged in man. Salvage bans nuked half my LS and we only had 20ppl, so that ended my HNMLS years which led to my ninja lot banning shortly thereafter.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  7. #2647
    Kevin Chang
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,680
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Gadritan View Post
    You talk a lot about later additions and expansions. I'm guessing you missed the boat on prime HNMLS era. That would make a lot of these ridiculous arguments make more sense.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    2006 - 2008: I founded a Sky shell on Asura, Maverick. The core of this shell is a bunch of friends from my social. We exclusively raid in Sky, no requirement to be on the shell otherwise. DKP per hour, cashed out for Sky items. This involved getting a bunch of people from my social Sky access, including Ark Angels. Every fight is from scratch without anyone knowing what to do. I educate myself and direct the raids from Genbu to Kirin. We eventually merge with a Sea shell that I was in to become a generic "End Game" shell that does Sky, Sea, and Limbus, Bahamut, Einherjar, etc. Shared DKP system for everything. Due to the nature of Salvage, people form small statics for that. We don't Dynamis because we don't have funding for it until one shell member wants to fund his own Relic, at which point it's optional with its own separate DKP.

    Wanting to progress the shell to the highest levels because I feel the point of playing is to go after the highest accomplishments and the best gear, I start to orient towards Kings. After successfully beating Jorm, I decide that we probably wouldn't embarrass ourselves at Kings. I start having us camp only when the windows overlap with what would normally be our scheduled event times. We have a below expected claim rate -- I catch multiple ppl afk at window, people crafting during windows, etc. I start affirmatively taking a roll call before each window to qualify for the DKP. We wipe a few times because people are dumb and don't understand "GET ON THE FEET." In about six months we kill half a dozen Kings before one last wipe convinces me that it's better to let them run non-competitive content and get carried by the few stars of the shell than to try drag them around. I have completed virtually everything there is to do in the game for a THF except Mandau, N. Head, and N. Legs. Kings and a relic are the only thing I have left to play for. I leave for TribeFTW, which breaks down shortly after due to infamous (in Asura) Kayos/Orophinn drama. Fun fact, I am part of the 5 man group that discovers Sand Worm can teleport you to other zones if you don't kill it. I can't join Eminence due to intense enmity between me and someone else there. It's at this point I ditch a Calc final to camp Fafhogg in a window where I'm shell-less but I'm hoping I can give the claim to Remedy and get to lot on N. Head. Many Tribe players go to Remedy and I am friends with several people in Remedy, however they tell me that the shell is increasingly disinterested in Kings because the majority have everything they want.

    Late 2008 - Early 2009: Hop to Quetz and join Dezvoltaire as a cross server applicant. King scene very slow, Dez wins a majority of claims just by having a consistent 15+. I never miss an event because I'm desperate to shoot up the DKP charts so I can lot on my N. Head and N. Legs. I camp ToDs in windows we don't camp for the bonus DKP. I become a sack. I get N. Head, which for me is a big deal at this point. PinkPkuucha transfers onto Quetz from Alex to take the NASA license for the server. Their LS application literally requires you to play PC so that you can bot. Our claim rate dips under 60% because we are no longer virtually uncontested. Players begin to become less interested in camping because they actually have to fight for claims. Leader Zycipher completes his Aegis and stops caring. I try to keep the shell going but people are uninterested in fighting PP for claims and all of Zyc's circle just want to go play FFXIV next year.

    Mid 2009 on: I decide that I can't risk another situation where I join and the LS just folds and stops doing Kings because a NASA shell comes in and they are too weak-willed to compete. I aim to join a premier LS with prestige and stability where even with a bunch of competition from a lot of players I will be reliably rewarded for sacrifice. I join iZerg, willing to play nothing but WHM all the time in order to get my THF gear. I buy a G15 keyboard and use the 36 macros in order to be the fastest healer Panda has ever seen. I graduate and spend my gap year rocketing up the DKP charts. I get my N. Legs maybe four months in. Even after my N. Legs, my days are a flurry of running between camps. I get a D. Ring during a 4AM camp and start having to play PLD. Visions of Abyssea is released in May 2010. At first it's not SO bad, but things steadily start going to shit full throttle after Scars and Heroes. World Spawns besides Tiamat are no longer worth camping and Kings are eventually replaced by ??? even though their gear isn't even top tier anymore. Alliances and LS events are worthless vs. skipping out and low manning Empyrean stuff with your friends. Panda eventually gets bored and fucks off despite being all on the Abyssea train at first. Voidwatch brings everyone back temporarily until we all realize it's the worth of both worlds between Kings and Abyssea with random pub group shitters getting the rare drops like Toci's and Coruscanti.

    Today:


  8. #2648

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    24,287
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Salvage Bans were great for me personally because it made my (then PS2 only) self a more valued member of the LS after people got banned lulz

  9. #2649
    Kevin Chang
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,680
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Dont give me your patch nonsense either; post patch cheating was just different than pre-patch. Dont try and convince us yall werent trying to get the one up in every way or form.
    I didn't need to bot when I would play longer and harder than anyone else. Panda bought me wizbot and I never used it. Which was the worst of both worlds cuz it landed me on that list of botters that appeared on KI when the wizbot maker peaced out, but I never got the DKP bonuses for botting.

    You were addicted to a game, found a way to prove and assert your dominance to your addiction, and got pissed when your dominance was eroded by progress not to your liking. It's not that great a story.
    I did what others were unwilling or unable to do. Tell me why they should be rewarded?

    Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Not that my memory is any indication cause I was on a lot of drugs back then, but TribeFTW and iZerg was like.. around the time of WOTG?

    And man, I have never really agreed with Salodin in anything, but +1 on that shit.
    Tribe was around before Eminence and shortly after KtD but died in 2008 shortly after WotG. I think Remedy popped up sometime in 2006 or 2007 and pretty much absorbed everyone on Kayos' side of the Tribe split. Orophinn never came back after the split which is why the Tribe leftovers died.

  10. #2650
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,293
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Salvage Bans were great for me personally because it made my (then PS2 only) self a more valued member of the LS after people got banned lulz
    Salvage duping didn't require third-party tools, just party/alliance forming shenanigans.

  11. #2651
    I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    26,188
    BG Level
    10

    this nigga ain't even og. came in when everybody already quit

  12. #2652
    Kevin Chang
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,680
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Salvage duping didn't require third-party tools, just party/alliance forming shenanigans.
    Yeah but basically if you were entitled enough to bot, you were entitled enough to dupe. It all comes from the same principle of "I deserve the gear anyway."

  13. #2653
    HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    37,884
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    Alliances and LS events are worthless vs. skipping out and low manning Empyrean stuff with your friends. Panda eventually gets bored and fucks off despite being all on the Abyssea train at first. Voidwatch brings everyone back temporarily until we all realize it's the worth of both worlds between Kings and Abyssea with random pub group shitters getting the rare drops like Toci's and Coruscanti.
    Seems to me like the problem wasnt Abyssea...it was Voidwatch's fucking stupid loot system.

  14. #2654
    Kevin Chang
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,680
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Seems to me like the problem wasnt Abyssea...it was Voidwatch's fucking stupid loot system.
    If it wasn't for the fact Abyssea replaced King gear vertically and killed HNMLSs as a thing, it wouldn't have been so bad.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    this nigga ain't even og. came in when everybody already quit
    I'm the side that adheres to "Can't beat em, join em" instead of "Can't beat em, complain they are exclusionary elitists and get the game changed"

  15. #2655

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    24,287
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    So, purely hypothetically, if SE decided to add some more optional HNM in the game as it exists today, with level 99 cap and ilvl and all that jazz, that was in the vein of old ground kings with the 21-24 hour window and not force popped and it dropped marginally better gear than what is considered "best" now with the same RNG drop rate of old ground kings and roughly the same difficulty...would that...would that make you "happy"? Or get you to decide to play again?

  16. #2656
    I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    26,188
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    I'm the side that adheres to "Can't beat em, join em" instead of "Can't beat em, complain they are exclusionary elitists and get the game changed"
    I was one of them that started it. When you started your ls i already had all the gearz lol

  17. #2657
    Kevin Chang
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,680
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    So, purely hypothetically, if SE decided to add some more optional HNM in the game as it exists today, with level 99 cap and ilvl and all that jazz, that was in the vein of old ground kings with the 21-24 hour window and not force popped and it dropped marginally better gear than what is considered "best" now with the same RNG drop rate of old ground kings and roughly the same difficulty...would that...would that make you "happy"? Or get you to decide to play again?
    Yes

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    I was one of them that started it. When you started your ls i already had all the gearz lol
    And? Doesn't change anything about my points. I was part of the people getting shit on and I bootstrapped myself up. I can say first hand that it was a fundamentally good thing that the game made you do that.

  18. #2658
    Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,982
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Lets be real here if you had a support job you never got to do shit on anything else for 90% of content. I loved playing bard so I never minded but having said that the real issue was that having a ton of dds on a depressing amount of shit was detrimental because of tp feed.

  19. #2659
    Kevin Chang
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,680
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrbeansman View Post
    Lets be real here if you had a support job you never got to do shit on anything else for 90% of content. I loved playing bard so I never minded but having said that the real issue was that having a ton of dds on a depressing amount of shit was detrimental because of tp feed.
    I played WHM, then PLD, for the entirety of a career that was spent chasing THF items. I do not see a problem with End Game being mage centric.

  20. #2660
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,081
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Not surprising gred has no idea how the more expensive claim bots worked staggering claim delays amongst the users

    I don't believe for a second you were a "top 5 claimer" for anything other than day 1 adamantoise or anywhere there was more than 10 people present

Page 133 of 151 FirstFirst ... 83 123 131 132 133 134 135 143 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 256
    Last Post: 2009-08-02, 15:44
  2. Why did you start smoking?
    By Klutz in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 2008-07-14, 17:09