• Navigation
Page 135 of 151 FirstFirst ... 85 125 133 134 135 136 137 145 ... LastLast
Results 2681 to 2700 of 3008
  1. #2681
    Kevin Chang
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,681
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    You guys are having a failure of communication. What you need to understand is that Gred is never wrong. About anything.
    If you're salty about my not moving Nynja's posts about me in PC to a new thread, you can call me out about it in the rules subforum for Poopdeck or in the mod forum.

  2. #2682
    Cardiac Cat
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,604
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

    So either literally everyone is wrong and you're right, orrrrrrr

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  3. #2683
    Kevin Chang
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,681
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Gadritan View Post
    So either literally everyone is wrong and you're right, orrrrrrr
    Except that 1) some people have agreed with me, 2) more people who don't agree with me still think no one is actually responding substantively to my arguments, and 3) this ain't a popular vote, you having a different opinion doesn't matter.

    Insofar as people may have different basic desires, an argument might not be able to be resolved. If we can correctly identify Q but you say Q is bad for reasons A, B and C reasons and I say Q is good precisely for A, B, and C reasons then we're at a fundamental impass.

    But right now we're quite far from that. I'm saying Q is good for A, B, and C and you guys are saying Q is bad for X, Y, and Z. There's been a few people who are trying to actually weigh A, B, and C vs. X, Y, and Z but most of posts are just snide ad homs.

    Gut check: if I was posting this fervently defending Trump and my name was day you'd all be riding my dick for arguing against the echo chamber.

  4. #2684
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    12,467
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    my name was day you'd all be riding my dick.
    If your name was day this post wouldn't exist.

  5. #2685
    The Shitlord
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    11,560
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

    i mean, i kept that conversation in private as a courtesy to you, but yeah i'm a little salty that you don't respect me in the slightest.



    but this wasn't related to that. i was reporting an observed behavior. you're never wrong. you always have 100% absolute confidence in whatever you're saying, even if it is false, and later proved to be so. in order to shake that certainty, someone needs to exhaustively prove their case. these guys weren't doing that.

  6. #2686
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,810
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    At least day may still possibly be trolling.

    You're just a person with terrible ideas of how things should be.

  7. #2687
    I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    26,193
    BG Level
    10

    ya'll should take greater issue with him being unable to read a couple of charts and graphs that he himself presented

  8. #2688
    Kevin Chang
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,681
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    i mean, i kept that conversation in private as a courtesy to you, but yeah i'm a little salty that you don't respect me in the slightest.
    I didn't do something. You asked why I didn't do something. I made my case for inaction. That's not disrespect, that's disagreement. If you want it resolved beyond that, there are two possible arbiters in the public or the other mods.

    but this wasn't related to that.
    Didn't seem to be when posted as a one liner pot shot.

    i was reporting an observed behavior. you're never wrong. you always have 100% absolute confidence in whatever you're saying,
    I don't take a stance unless I believe in that stance.

    in order to shake that certainty, someone needs to exhaustively prove their case. these guys weren't doing that.
    This is true.

    even if it is false, and later proved to be so.
    Half-true. I can only assume this context is politics. So I'm going to just assume we're referring to the election. I've admitted that I was wrong about Hillary being a safe bet, but I have maintained that other statements I've made (like Bernie being nonviable) can still be true because her failure does not imply truth values of other counter-factual.

  9. #2689
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,291
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Salvage duping didn't require third-party tools, just party/alliance forming shenanigans.
    Didn't people use a tool to see through walls to avoid aggroing those gears that disappear?

  10. #2690
    Kevin Chang
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,681
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Didn't people use a tool to see through walls to avoid aggroing those gears that disappear?
    Didn't need a claiming bot to use wireframes, but yes I believe this was a thing.

  11. #2691
    The Shitlord
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    11,560
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

    I told you it was frustrating when you ignore me, and your response is still to justify your behavior. That is lack of respect. Or a lack of emotional intelligence. I was trying to be kind.

  12. #2692

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    21,993
    BG Level
    10


  13. #2693
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,096
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    Once bots were a tool to manage claim spread delays and not to instant claim, things were a lot fairer.
    My guy, this is the entire point of everyones contention. There is nothing "a lot fairer" about people collaborating with their 3rd party tools to get better chances at a claim. Absolutely nothing. Full stop.

    You exploiting these cheats does not make you a better player. This does not cement you at the top of the player base as one of the best. No matter how much you try to cry and claim you never botted, there is your name on a list of people who botted, there is your admission you used it pre update, and afaik you also used it after to increase your likelihood of a claim since it could no longer guarantee your claim like pre patch (assuming your latency was lower than the competition).

    You are a victim of your own addiction, and the only reason you're not dead in a ditch somewhere is because you were lucky and got addicted to a video game instead of a life threatening chemical you'd likely inject into a vein. Replace "skipping my final to camp a King" with "skipping my final to shoot up some drugs" and you see real quick just how unhealthy your obsession with this game was and your "winning at all costs" mentality even when that win kinda cheapens the reason you're playing to begin with. You were so obsessed with the destination that you forgot you shouldn't lower yourself to Loser status while getting there.

  14. #2694
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,096
    BG Level
    10

    And if you come at me with "i never used it, other people in my shell did" i swear to fucking god....

  15. #2695
    I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    26,193
    BG Level
    10

    i never used bots but other people in my shell did. true facts

  16. #2696
    I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    26,193
    BG Level
    10

    cant bot with dia anyway

  17. #2697
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,293
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Didn't people use a tool to see through walls to avoid aggroing those gears that disappear?
    Probably, but that wasn't duping and not what people were banned for (wireframe mode was just a windower feature that toggled textures on and off client side, not something you'd be able to detect anyway).

    Salvage bans were due to a specific bug that happened when re-forming parties inside the instance that resulted in drops duplicating, this meant you'd get 3x as many cells (making the zones trivial to beat) as well as 3x as many gear drops and alexandrite/pouches.

  18. #2698

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,431
    BG Level
    7

    I wasnt even going to touch the "I didn't bot but my shell did" claim.

  19. #2699
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,291
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Probably, but that wasn't duping and not what people were banned for (wireframe mode was just a windower feature that toggled textures on and off client side, not something you'd be able to detect anyway).

    Salvage bans were due to a specific bug that happened when re-forming parties inside the instance that resulted in drops duplicating, this meant you'd get 3x as many cells (making the zones trivial to beat) as well as 3x as many gear drops and alexandrite/pouches.
    MB. Thought we were talking anything that goes.

  20. #2700
    Kevin Chang
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,681
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    My guy, this is the entire point of everyones contention. There is nothing "a lot fairer" about people collaborating with their 3rd party tools to get better chances at a claim. Absolutely nothing. Full stop.
    It is factually incorrect to say that instant bot claims that could make mobs spawn red was not worse than staggering delays for claims.

    Get the fuck out of here with that shit. That's retardation on the level of comparing gerrymandering and voter suppression to DNC favoritism.

    You exploiting these cheats does not make you a better player.
    But I didn't.

    This does not cement you at the top of the player base as one of the best.
    No, but spending everyday at Aery, Valley of Sorrows, Behemoth's Dominion, scanning for Ixion and Sandworm, doing some non-spawn raid, then parking at Khimaira, Cerb, or Tiamat does.

    No matter how much you try to cry and claim you never botted, there is your name on a list of people who botted,
    Do you purposefully like to read out of context? Panda bought wizbot for me because I was "at too many camps not to bot." I didn't use it.

    there is your admission you used it pre update,
    Where the fuck did you pull that out of your ass?

    and afaik you also used it after to increase your likelihood of a claim since it could no longer guarantee your claim like pre patch (assuming your latency was lower than the competition).
    I'm responding line by line to at least ten people, you can at least take the time to read my posts without massive misrepresentations.

    You are a victim of your own addiction, and the only reason you're not dead in a ditch somewhere is because you were lucky and got addicted to a video game instead of a life threatening chemical you'd likely inject into a vein.
    Least no one can patch cocaine or heroin out of existence. I don't get to die happy in a ditch of an OD.

    Replace "skipping my final to camp a King" with "skipping my final to shoot up some drugs" and you see real quick just how unhealthy your obsession with this game was
    I camped more. I sacrificed more. Why should that not be rewarded?

    and your "winning at all costs" mentality even when that win kinda cheapens the reason you're playing to begin with. You were so obsessed with the destination that you forgot you shouldn't lower yourself to Loser status while getting there.
    Only true if I actually botted.

    Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    And if you come at me with "i never used it, other people in my shell did" i swear to fucking god....
    Only matters if bots are the only reason HNMLS players claimed over midcore shells. But it wasn't. I gave extensive reasons why not. I gave personal examples of why not.

    Yes I joined iZerg despite there being botters. But at least those botters were in the goddamn pit instead of sitting Jeuno making excuses for not being in the pit like lazy pieces of shit.

    Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    I told you it was frustrating when you ignore me, and your response is still to justify your behavior. That is lack of respect.
    And I'm saying my actions aren't just plain disregard but stem from actual legitimate disagreement.

    Or a lack of emotional intelligence. I was trying to be kind.
    Kindness is appreciated but wasted on me. I interpreted your statement as a reductive "You don't understand guys, you must be wrong because he can't be wrong" barb and I responded based on that. Just going to throw it out there that the person saying exclusion good probably doesn't give too much of a crap about other people's feelings.

Page 135 of 151 FirstFirst ... 85 125 133 134 135 136 137 145 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 256
    Last Post: 2009-08-02, 15:44
  2. Why did you start smoking?
    By Klutz in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 2008-07-14, 17:09