• Navigation
Page 138 of 151 FirstFirst ... 88 128 136 137 138 139 140 148 ... LastLast
Results 2741 to 2760 of 3008
  1. #2741

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,432
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Gadritan View Post
    Nah. There was never a real strategy confirmed for v1. This was wayyyyyyyyy before PW was a thing.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    If this was different than how it was at release, who knows? It's what they eventually vomited out, years after the fact.

  2. #2742
    Cardiac Cat
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,604
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

    I think the empty loot pool said it all. AV was put in with zero drops which is as much of a confirmation as we ever got that SE was trolling us.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  3. #2743
    Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    58,155
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    AV was one of the very few fights I never did

  4. #2744
    HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    37,884
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    nah. It's not as bad as Gred would have you believe but Abyssea is still pretty deeply flawed. The overall design is asinine. Here's a new area! But you can only stay here for two hours unless you do a bunch of shit to extend your stay. And if you run out of time you can't come back for an hour. Because fuck you.
    That was burdensome at first, but after figuring things out, it was a non-issue.

  5. #2745
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,293
    BG Level
    9

    Ebon Panels.

  6. #2746
    Cardiac Cat
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,604
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

    It was fun getting to zerg the bitch down though. I loved zergs in general. Wish I had taken the time to get a KC being a galka. Still wrecked shit using gimpy rid drk. Had over 2k hp on my set up.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  7. #2747
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,293
    BG Level
    9

    Was never a fan of zergs, it's fun the first time or two but it quickly becomes uninteresting.

    Like we zerged BahaV2 a bunch but I always missed the older days of doing it normally, it was so much more fun to actually deal with the mechanics and have the fight last longer than a minute.

  8. #2748
    Mrf
    Mrf is offline
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    468
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Real question is, did your account get banned after you sold it?
    I was already playing the game less by that time, so I never ended up doing Salvage regularly. I was never a part of the duping groups so no ban.

  9. #2749
    Kevin Chang
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,695
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Was never a fan of zergs, it's fun the first time or two but it quickly becomes uninteresting.

    Like we zerged BahaV2 a bunch but I always missed the older days of doing it normally, it was so much more fun to actually deal with the mechanics and have the fight last longer than a minute.
    Zergs fundamentally made everything easier by bypassing the intricacy of the actual fight. Everyone could zerg Baha II with BRDs, a RDM/DRK, and half-decent meeles eating food. Less than 10% of people who could zerg it could fight it straight up.

    It's fundamentally why Voidwatch was not good content -- just stagger stun it and go ham with temp items.

  10. #2750
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,121
    BG Level
    10

    Man, why's it so hard to concede you benefited from botters and that community, including learning the strat to fight a mob they only ever claimed pre-Kings update, even if you didn't load the program yourself lol?

    It's fundamentally why Kings was not good content -- just hang out in zone 24/7 with your bot friends and claim 20%+ of the spawns a year.

  11. #2751

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,432
    BG Level
    7

    I didnt like void watch either. I thought the stagger mechanic was dumb as fuck.

  12. #2752
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,291
    BG Level
    9

    I got to admit I really miss sky/sea/ZNM stuff. Really wish XIV would try to implement that but they seem to be too afraid of taking any kind of risk.

  13. #2753
    HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    37,884
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by mallister View Post
    I didnt like void watch either. I thought the stagger mechanic was dumb as fuck.
    It was a method of job inclusion. What was one of the core problems plaguing content prior to VW? Half (if not more) of the jobs had zero purpose.

  14. #2754

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    24,322
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Y'all motherfuckers gonna make me resub so I can go kill ground kings solo and laugh about it.

  15. #2755
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,121
    BG Level
    10

    Can I recommend the Nasomi server here for those of you who miss Kings of olde?

  16. #2756
    The Shitlord
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    11,560
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

    Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    I got to admit I really miss sky/sea/ZNM stuff. Really wish XIV would try to implement that but they seem to be too afraid of taking any kind of risk.

    from what i understand, eureka and some new shit is trying, but failing, to replicate some of XI's success

  17. #2757
    Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    5,003
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Didnt SE flat out admit AV was originally meant to just be a trap that spawned after killing love just to troll you.

  18. #2758
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,121
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrbeansman View Post
    Didnt SE flat out admit AV was originally meant to just be a trap that spawned after killing love just to troll you.
    If it wasn't than they accidentally designed it in such a way to be a troll because the first time it was slain it dropped absolutely nothing. Like, I don't think it even dropped a crystal?

  19. #2759

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,432
    BG Level
    7

    Crystal only drops. Good times, good times.

  20. #2760
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,293
    BG Level
    9

    That's why you always remember Signet, folks.

Page 138 of 151 FirstFirst ... 88 128 136 137 138 139 140 148 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 256
    Last Post: 2009-08-02, 15:44
  2. Why did you start smoking?
    By Klutz in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 2008-07-14, 17:09