• Navigation
Page 141 of 151 FirstFirst ... 91 131 139 140 141 142 143 ... LastLast
Results 2801 to 2820 of 3008
  1. #2801
    Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10,263
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries
    4

    Stat vomit is touch to work with for a returning player but I'm having fun upgrading AF/RF/EM. I cleared a Temenos yesterday and had a lot of fun doing it. And that's the main thing. I was having fun. But yeah, doing say Unity and failing hard solo because you peak 4k WS is a bummer.

  2. #2802
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,293
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    course i did. even before i was informed of windower's existence, i had macros set up to swap my whole set.


    people don't get handed perfect gear upon character creation. using sub-par gear until you can get yourself geared up is necessary and anyone who says they didn't is a fucking idiot.
    Bruh if you didn't want to take the time to get a Hauby when you needed it that's fine but standing around making excuses is silly.

  3. #2803
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,856
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    I was a poor schmuck and even I stopped leveling my drk at 59 until I got a hauby.

  4. #2804
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,379
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    pretty sure it was determined midway into the domaru-shaming phase that it was ideal for most(all?) players when they were using appropriate food

    mind you we spent an unfortunate amount of time under appreciating haste and WS frequency

  5. #2805
    The Shitlord
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    11,560
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

    when i hit 70s haub was 20-60m and most shit worth farming was ~30k/stack.



    yeah ok bud. let me just stop leveling so i can spend the next 10 years farming tree cuttings

  6. #2806
    Day
    Day is offline
    IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    21,547
    BG Level
    10

    just buy gil dude

  7. #2807
    I like to eat food
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    9,064
    BG Level
    8

    Domaru was okay for early, level 75 WS builds. It was never best for TP as far as I know, even considering the Store TP.

  8. #2808
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,856
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    when i hit 70s haub was 20-60m and most shit worth farming was ~30k/stack.

    Sounds like you fucked up when you chose a stupid server to start on.

    I never saw hauby that high up on mine lol

  9. #2809
    Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10,263
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    I was a poor schmuck and even I stopped leveling my drk at 59 until I got a hauby.
    Same with the very first time I did WAR. Farmed so many fucking beehive chips and silk thread or w/e.

  10. #2810
    I like to eat food
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    9,064
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    when i hit 70s haub was 20-60m and most shit worth farming was ~30k/stack.



    yeah ok bud. let me just stop leveling so i can spend the next 10 years farming tree cuttings
    That would have been peak inflation, which sucks. I don't know if it was any different when you were level 60, but that's usually when people farmed for it. Probably was close enough in timeframe to not matter.

    EDIT: Also, SHarness +1 was 30M max on my server, so regular Hauby being that high is just dumb.

  11. #2811
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,856
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    Same with the very first time I did WAR. Farmed so many fucking beehive chips and silk thread or w/e.
    Lizzy boots paid for mine :D

  12. #2812
    The Shitlord
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    11,560
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

    Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    Domaru was okay for early, level 75 WS builds. It was never best for TP as far as I know, even considering the Store TP.

    yeah. but if you couldn't get your hands on haub/byrnie it was better than anything else.


    and yeah, fairy got fucking stupid for a while.

  13. #2813
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,291
    BG Level
    9

    Haub always got expensive AF around the holidays IIRC

  14. #2814
    Shallow and Pedantic
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,996
    BG Level
    7

    Nothing like me saving up for almost a year for a dragon talon and then NaomiWatts breaking it in the BC guild and losing my talon on my first and only weskit attempty back when gil was impossible to get.

  15. #2815
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,379
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    yeah. but if you couldn't get your hands on haub/byrnie it was better than anything else.


    and yeah, fairy got fucking stupid for a while.
    wish I could find the thread, but I'm fairly certain it was better than Haub and Byrnie for the vast majority of players until STP became much more available

  16. #2816
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,131
    BG Level
    10

    Anything is "fine" if you just want to hang out with friends. When you're making an exp party and the sam shows up in domaru and triumph rings though, they get the boot. My parties subscription fees > yours, and I dont want to waste time with a sam with 75% accuracy eating mithkabobs.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

  17. #2817
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,293
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Omnipotent View Post
    Nothing like me saving up for almost a year for a dragon talon and then NaomiWatts breaking it in the BC guild and losing my talon on my first and only weskit attempty back when gil was impossible to get.
    I remember saving up 5 dam ingots for a friend to try and upgrade me to a Haub+1.

    3 crit fails 2 NQs.

    Just saved up and bought it.

  18. #2818
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,856
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Omnipotent View Post
    Nothing like me saving up for almost a year for a dragon talon and then NaomiWatts breaking it in the BC guild and losing my talon on my first and only weskit attempty back when gil was impossible to get.
    Opposite story, my LS member HQ'd my weskit on first try and hated me forever

    (I wasn't even going for a HQ, just wanted a signed)

  19. #2819
    The Shitlord
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    11,560
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

    it depended on what else you had for STP. if you needed domaru to make the 5-hit happen, it was automatically better than haub/byrnie. once you got your Rajas, you could typically make the 5-hit with 1-2 pieces of hachiman, and people usually went with hands or feet, iirc.


    as always, situational shit is situational. 5-hit build was the standard, though. as long as you could pull that off, you were doing okay.

  20. #2820
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,293
    BG Level
    9

    Think you mean 6-hit.

Page 141 of 151 FirstFirst ... 91 131 139 140 141 142 143 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 256
    Last Post: 2009-08-02, 15:44
  2. Why did you start smoking?
    By Klutz in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 2008-07-14, 17:09