• Navigation
Page 147 of 151 FirstFirst ... 97 137 145 146 147 148 149 ... LastLast
Results 2921 to 2940 of 3008
  1. #2921
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    714
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    I didn't pay attention to that shit honestly.




    You realize part of that was the fact you were no angel. You disappeared for like 5 months, came back for Voidwatch, and broke my pearl because I pointed out that I was right about Abyssea being shit.

    Fio and Issa had complaints, they just weren't mouthy like me so they didn't always voice them.
    Wait! Is this FFXI drama in General? EXCELLENT!!! This really gets the nostalgia juices flowing.

  2. #2922
    I like to eat food
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    9,064
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Saw a clip of Ninja playing FFXI and he mentioned he played on Midgard back in the day and he name dropped some of the old HNMLS from there. I played on Midgard too, but I didn’t catch him saying what his in game character name was. Anyone know what it was? I’m curious if I ever played or was in a LS with him.
    He said it was Healerx just like his Nasomi character. Not from Midgard, so cannot confirm.

  3. #2923
    Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

    Vamos los Perds!

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    10,582
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by thetruepandagod View Post
    I miss our backwoods tard server.
    I hopped on Discord with Franz and Callios last night. Hilarious talking through some of the old peeps, both in our shell and just notorious folks on the server. Symbiosis had a good crew; some shitheads, but mostly pretty chill dudes. We had one JP player named Shintarou in our shell for like 6 years; super nice guy and always reliable for the 4am ET Lambton Worms, etc.

    Running an HNM shell just wore me out though; the bitching about DKP drove me insane, combined with the need to dual/tri-box every time I was on the game. One of the last times I played the game was a 7 person LW where I was playing both the only tank (PLD) and RDM. Had it to like 4% then someone Sidewinder-ed during the absorb phase to bring it back to ~90% for the 4th time. I just killed myself and logged off.

    And I definitely thought Haha was JP.

  4. #2924
    Myr said I should dodge roll
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,061
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Fiendish One
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Wait Franz still plays?

  5. #2925
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    8,032
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    True skill : Nin/Drk tanking Tiamat as a Taru! And dealing with Sneak Attack Relic Sam’s.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #2926
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,464
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgang View Post
    Symbiosis had a good crew; some shitheads, but mostly pretty chill dudes
    Yeah, Symbiosis was good people. Hope I wasn’t too shitty, but I recognize that there was definitely an overlap with my time playing XI and my shitty teen years.

  7. #2927
    The Shitlord
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    11,560
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

    any sam/thf worth their salt could stick hate exactly where they wanted it.

  8. #2928
    Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    18,831
    BG Level
    9

    God I loved SAM/THF on Tiamat.

  9. #2929
    Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    18,831
    BG Level
    9

    If I could go back and do it again though I'd play WHM all the way. I only did it once, on a 3-man Cerb kill in the 99-era and it was hectic and gratifying. That or PLD maybe.

  10. #2930
    Cardiac Cat
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,604
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

    Cerberus was my favorite to tank tbh

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  11. #2931
    Kevin Chang
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,681
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    WHM wasn't bad when you were healing a good tank.

    It sucked when you had to heal a shitty one or heal the dumb shit meeles with perma Hasso/Zerk only running in to get obliterated.

    Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

  12. #2932
    HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    37,884
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    I let them die ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

  13. #2933
    Kevin Chang
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,681
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Cream would whine so much and then all of us started only giving him R1

    Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

  14. #2934
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,293
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    or heal the dumb shit meeles with perma Hasso/Zerk only running in to get obliterated.
    A level 70 WHM in AH gear can do your job just as well.

    Haste me.

  15. #2935
    I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    26,194
    BG Level
    10

    I sat back and watched many a DRK kill themselves at inopportune moments.

  16. #2936
    Cardiac Cat
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,604
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

    Last HNMLS I was in there was 4 of us that were good enough tanks healers would goof off trying to enfeeble and nuke because all we needed was haste for the most part. Had retarded strong DDs and blms and they damn near celebrated when they got hate. When I went war or drk it was a thousand times more fun than other LS because I could go ham and knew they'd still stick hate. Only time I really got thumped doing stupid shit was war/thf on Khim with Algol. Used the sword for giggles but triple proced on a fully buffed SA so it hit for like 2.8k or some shit.

    Granted, I was tank for 90% of shit, but that one sticks out because it was so ridiculous. All I got out was an "oh shit" then I died and delvled like a pro. Perfect chain of events.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  17. #2937
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,293
    BG Level
    9

    If you're a DD and you're not giving your tanks and healers a hard time are you really even a DD?

  18. #2938
    Cardiac Cat
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,604
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

    Tbf when I ran war/drg rid/shield in dynamis as mentioned earlier they probably cast like 2 cures to every 5 raises

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  19. #2939
    Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

    Vamos los Perds!

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    10,582
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiendishone View Post
    Wait Franz still plays?
    Naw, his original character is gone and he has no desire to play these days. Him, Fyre, Seif, Callios, and some others tried to make a return in ~2015, but it petered out. Callios still plays though.

    I actually logged on for the first time in ~8yrs last night as a result of this thread. It's just so overwhelming on several levels. First you need to sort out your POL stuff (still had my POL ID memorized somehow), then install. Then you realize you need Windower to even make it playable along with a dozen other plugins. Once you log in, your config settings are a disaster. Then you need macros, and gearswaps to go along with those macros, but you don't even know what gear is good anymore. After you get through all of that, you can actually play the game, but when you're 8 years behind, even figuring out where to start is tough. I had no home point teleports so I was probably the first person to take an airship in like 2 years.

    I logged off pretty quickly; more of an Overwatch/etc. guy these days as I'm just too old to deal with half of this.

  20. #2940

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,431
    BG Level
    7

    the bg 1-119 thread is a great guide.

    did the level 50 genkai for my wife's new alt last night. killed simmy and roc while we were at it. honestly, it's been real fun.

Page 147 of 151 FirstFirst ... 97 137 145 146 147 148 149 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 256
    Last Post: 2009-08-02, 15:44
  2. Why did you start smoking?
    By Klutz in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 2008-07-14, 17:09